Widgets Magazine
Page 49 of 83 FirstFirst ... 4445464748495051525354 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 2070

Thread: University Town Center

Default Re: University Town Center

No seeing any permit, the link below is a good resource re recent building permits filed in Norman:

http://www.destinationnorman.com/development

I am pretty sure there are no plans at the moment. They wanted to remove the homeless population over there and needed some type of cover to justify removing them when they did. All they are doing is putting in a couple of roads. There are already empty plots in UNP, so it is not like they needed land to expand.

Quote Originally Posted by W8N2SKI View Post
    I am pretty sure there are no plans at the moment. They wanted to remove the homeless population over there and needed some type of cover to justify removing them when they did. All they are doing is putting in a couple of roads. There are already empty plots in UNP, so it is not like they needed land to expand.
    I keep saying this but people think Nordstrom and Saks Fifth Avenue are going to suddenly appear, without anyone having prior knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I keep saying this but people think Nordstrom and Saks Fifth Avenue are going to suddenly appear, without anyone having prior knowledge.
    The only other reason I can think of that might have spurred this "dirt work" is the announcement of the Bob Moore Farms development on the west side. UNP might be prepping the land to attract any future retailers, so they don't lose them to the Bob Moore Farms development.

^

That divided entrance has been there for a while and we already know the clearing of the land was largely to chase off a homeless camp.

As far as I can tell, that is all that is happening there.

I don't think anything is imminent. But this clearing does set the area up for future development coming out of this dip in the economy. At least the land is vacant and cleared now.

https://shopcompanies.com/sites/defa...f?v=1675886722

More retail, with a future "entertainment parcel."

Quote Originally Posted by runOKC View Post
    with a future "entertainment parcel."
    that is the future OU basketball arena

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    I’m not saying you are wrong but it’s shaped like a movie theater on the promotional materials.

The original plan for OU basketball and the surrounding entertainment district was for the area north of Rock Creek along I-35 (middle right of the 3rd image I posted above).

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Right there? No.

I’m not saying you are wrong but it’s shaped like a movie theater on the promotional materials.
    It won't be an arena there.

i was talking about page 6 of the link north of rock creek "entertainment district"

sorry for the confusion . i now see what you were referring too ..

God I hope they don’t go through with this stupid idea

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    God I hope they don’t go through with this stupid idea
    What stupid idea? The arena being here?

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    What stupid idea? The arena being here?
    Yes. I am not a fan of that. The “urban village” concept is also very underwhelming.

I don't recall anyone talking in terms of Nordstrom or Saks, but I and others have maintained that more than just "homeless relocation" is going on here which you and a few have steadfastly dismissed. Clearly the opinion that nothing beyond homeless eviction and a "couple of roads" is incorrect. More than that is happening. And the divided driveway, while it has existed in a previous form for many years, has been expanded and enhanced beyond the original placeholder entrance. Including the addition of stone for signage at the entrance.

UNPshops.jpg

divided entrance.jpg

The original plan for OU basketball and the surrounding entertainment district was for the area north of Rock Creek along I-35 (middle right of the 3rd image I posted above).
    I had heard rumblings of a Top Golf/Chicken Pickle-type business going in here. I figured it was all talk, but if they have it on the conceptual plans, then there might be a possibility that talks with a company like that are actually happening.

Also, what are the odds that PF Changs is actually already confirmed? That lot is empty now and it is the only logo on the plans that isn't already built.

Also, what are the odds that PF Changs is actually already confirmed? That lot is empty now and it is the only logo on the plans that isn't already built.
    I'd say they have a done deal otherwise they wouldn't be showing them on the plans.

23. Default Re: University Town Center

I had heard rumblings of a Top Golf/Chicken Pickle-type business going in here. I figured it was all talk, but if they have it on the conceptual plans, then there might be a possibility that talks with a company like that are actually happening.
    I'd kill for a Top Golf in this area.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    I'd kill for a Top Golf in this area.
    Students won't drive there. Too far

I'm just being serious.

OU students routinely visit Target but wouldn't drive to the next intersection to visit Top Golf or Chicken & Pickle. Tell me more.

Thread Information