Widgets Magazine
Page 49 of 141 FirstFirst ... 444546474849505152535499 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 3525

Thread: Cannabis

Default Re: Time to Legalize Cannabis for recreational and medicinal use.

So it seems like all the claims about the massive conspiracy against the SQ were manufactured?

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    So it seems like all the claims about the massive conspiracy against the SQ were manufactured?
    has it been announced that it is indeed on the ballot for November?. I haven't seen an update

You give the state leaders and offices way too much credit. Just because some of us are skeptical that it will indeed get on the ballot after all the effort put in, doesn't necessarily merit bringing the conversation down by suggesting those who are suspcious are conspiracy theorists.

The state has had active interest in keeping all forms of marijuana illegal. Did you not keep up with AG Pruitts antics against Colorado? And you want to sit there and act like we're making things up and are to expect a completely fair process?

Read that last sentence at least twice before you answer.

Quote Originally Posted by TU 'cane View Post
    You give the state leaders and offices way too much credit. Just because some of us are skeptical that it will indeed get on the ballot after all the effort put in, doesn't necessarily merit bringing the conversation down by suggesting those who are suspcious are conspiracy theorists.

The state has had active interest in keeping all forms of marijuana illegal. Did you not keep up with AG Pruitts antics against Colorado? And you want to sit there and act like we're making things up and are to expect a completely fair process?

Read that last sentence at least twice before you answer.
    It's not been simple suspicion or caution. It's been flat out accusations. Without proof. At best that's slander, and it looks to be untrue. And this is against a Governor which has come out against the war on drugs (called it a failure), has pushed through SQ's to reduce criminality for drug possession and use, and a state AG who just recently sided with and pushed through strong beer by the pint at breweries. Yes, I'd say these accusations are unreasonable, when even Dorman, a hypocritical critic of Fallin, just clarified why the process happened the way it did. So yes, you're making things up. And I read it three times.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
    has it been announced that it is indeed on the ballot for November?. I haven't seen an update
    Has it been blocked? Has the Governor decided to violate the constitution? I haven't seen an update. It will be on a ballot, regardless of the timing, if it has the requisite number of signatures. I don't have to prove a negative. You do. It's slanderous to accuse folks of violating the constitution when they haven't.

BTW - As an example, here's a post on Facebook from Oklahoman's for Health...

Mary Fallin and Scott Pruitt don't care about the hundreds of thousands of people in Oklahoma that need medical marijuana. They don't want the people of Oklahoma to vote on medical marijuana because they know it will pass if it's on the ballot. To make the situation worse they are pulling ever dirty trick in their arsenal to deny SQ788(medical marijuana) access to the November 8th ballot!
    I'm waiting to see what dirty tricks they're pulling. Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?

BTW - As an example, here's a post on Facebook from Oklahoman's for Health...

I'm waiting to see what dirty tricks they're pulling. Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?
    Well, our governor and AG following the Constitution for once is kind of a dirty trick

Has it been blocked? Has the Governor decided to violate the constitution? I haven't seen an update. It will be on a ballot, regardless of the timing, if it has the requisite number of signatures. I don't have to prove a negative. You do. It's slanderous to accuse folks of violating the constitution when they haven't.
    It was a simple question as your statement made it sound like people who thought they might drag their feet getting in on the November ballot were wrong. So asking if you saw that their thoughts were unfounded and it was indeed on the ballot. but clearly you just came to pick a fight. Sorry if you don't think I have a right to think they would drag their feet but its definitely how I feel. If the petition was to get the 10 commandments back at the capitol we would most likely have already heard it has cleared all hurdles and is on the ballot.. Oh but it didn't need a petition did it.

It was a simple question as your statement made it sound like people who thought they might drag their feet getting in on the November ballot were wrong. So asking if you saw that their thoughts were unfounded and it was indeed on the ballot. but clearly you just came to pick a fight. Sorry if you don't think I have a right to think they would drag their feet but its definitely how I feel. If the petition was to get the 10 commandments back at the capitol we would most likely have already heard it has cleared all hurdles and is on the ballot.. Oh but it didn't need a petition did it.
    Oh, the 10 commandments state question cleared all the hurdles? Thought it died. Hrmm. Not getting your point regardless. I just don't like false accusations and conspiracy theories, and I think they hurt progress and over politicize something which doesn't need to be.

State question 790 which was added by Failin last week.

State question 790 which was added by Failin last week.
    Thought it died in committee. Either way, saying "added by Failin" still maintains some consipiratal stance. I guess she should have violated the constitution and not added a passed (overwhelmingly) SQ to the ballot?

I mean, she has literally done nothing but certify the passed SQ's to the ballot on a timeline requested by the state election board. NOTHING. That's it, and people are losing their minds because she's doing her damn job. Grow up folks. I can't figure out why not adding something to the ballot which at the time hadn't been certified is a crime. She can still add it. And if it doesn't get on in November, it will still get an election.

Chill out Jerry, seriously. You're all over the place and you are on some witch hunt against those of us skeptical of the process. Just stop man.

Did you conveniently miss the part in my post about Pruitt? How are we to have any confidence after WITNESSING his actions? Pruitt tried to sue the state of Colorado twice because of their policies. Meanwhile, people have been trying for years to get medicial marijuana on a ballot and now that there are enough signatures, THE STATE sent out preliminary statements saying it's possible this may not make it onto the ballot in November. That is what I have been focused on and making my own statements on. God forbid I be a litte suspicious and then to have YOU tell me that I'm off base? Stop.

I've noticed lately some people on this board are seeking out arguments. Some people are miserable and find arguing and debating to be some type of relief. Just take stile99 in the license plate thread who came after me in a hostile post after a couple observations I made. This is getting out of hand. I think I'll be taking a break from the people of OKC Talk.

Today's DOK addresses this on page 5A. The main thing people are interested is the following that I copied.
    C. T.

"But a series of deadlines means the question likely will have to wait until June or November 2018, the next scheduled primary and general elections.".

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    CBS can be hacked. Anytime you get online you are subject to false information. Wikipedia is a great tool if you know how to use it. Read the article and verify using the sources and links posted at the bottom. It is up to you to further decide how credible the website listed is.
    PP,
    Hacking and "editing" are two totally different things. Any system can be hacked, but you cannot legitimately edit CBS, however you can legitimately edit Wikipedia (I am not familiar with the approval process, but I'm sure it's probably pretty good). My point is, there are better sources for serious conversation than Wikipedia. I go to Wiki often for a lot of things and I appreciate their efforts to provide that information.
    C. T.

TU 'cane, in case you missed my earlier post, I am as supportive as ANYONE on this, and not just for some recreational pothead reason. I have epilepsy, liver disease, and chronic pain. I could be the freaking poster child on medicinal marijuana. HOWEVER, it HURTS the cause to make up BS. If they somehow block this, I will be first in line with pitchforks and torches at the capital. But, this post on the lost ogle says it best...

The proponents waited too long to circulate and turn in their petitions. That’s it. It usually takes a couple of months for a question to clear all the legal hurdles. There will be legal challenges on this. There are legal challenges on virtually every one, even those that aren’t controversial. They knew that going in, and they should have started gathering signatures so they could have turned them in no later than June if they were serious about getting it on the November ballot.
    This conspiracy BS is just that.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchandler View Post
    PP,
    Hacking and "editing" are two totally different things. Any system can be hacked, but you cannot legitimately edit CBS, however you can legitimately edit Wikipedia (I am not familiar with the approval process, but I'm sure it's probably pretty good). My point is, there are better sources for serious conversation than Wikipedia. I go to Wiki often for a lot of things and I appreciate their efforts to provide that information.
    C. T.
    The single defense I can make of Wikipedia is they try to be good about requiring citations. While things can be up or edited for a short time, most stuff that's regularly read will get edited and require citations.

It's not been simple suspicion or caution. It's been flat out accusations. Without proof. At best that's slander, and it looks to be untrue. And this is against a Governor which has come out against the war on drugs (called it a failure), has pushed through SQ's to reduce criminality for drug possession and use, and a state AG who just recently sided with and pushed through strong beer by the pint at breweries. Yes, I'd say these accusations are unreasonable, when even Dorman, a hypocritical critic of Fallin, just clarified why the process happened the way it did.
    They seem to be downers, expecting the worst from the governor and Pruitt. Pruitt did not insert himself into this ordeal as some people seem to believe. The secretary of state deemed the ballot title as insufficient and asked the attorney general to rewrite it. So the SOS may not be helping manners any, especially, if he's biased against it.

It may be better if it is on the ballot in June, IMO.
    June 2018, is a long time to wait. It will be interesting to see if Green the Vote will try another medical marijuana petition next year. I won't help them unless they have paid signature takers. GTV will surely want to go for a constitutional change and that will require 124,000 signatures. That is too much to realize, I think, unless they use paid signatures from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    June 2017, or June 2018?
    Unfortunately, unless we spend the money on a special election, June 2018 I believe.

Elections held in off presidential years have shown to have a more conservative electorate. Best chance for approval is ''16 or ''20.

Unfortunately, unless we spend the money on a special election, June 2018 I believe.
    The state has so many fiscal problems, the legislature may have to hold a special election of its own to try to solve them in 2017. 788 could be included then as well as the alcohol reform question SQ 791, if it gets all the way through.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Elections held in off presidential years have shown to have a more conservative electorate. Best chance for approval is ''16 or ''20.
    Really? Even if a special election?

You like jumping to conclusions? Gov. Fallin is already playing parlor games to keep this off the ballot. Pruitt is dragging his penny loafers. The ONLY thing that will get this on the fall ballot with those to shuffling their feet is the threat of legal action and / or absolute fear of retribution by the voters. Pruitt may believe he has bought himself street cred with the under 75 crowd by allowing the sale of craft brews on site.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchandler View Post
    Today's DOK addresses this on page 5A. The main thing people are interested is the following that I copied.
    C. T.

"But a series of deadlines means the question likely will have to wait until June or November 2018, the next scheduled primary and general elections.".
    The fix is in.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    You like jumping to conclusions? Gov. Fallin is already playing parlor games to keep this off the ballot. Pruitt is dragging his penny loafers. The ONLY thing that will get this on the fall ballot with those to shuffling their feet is the threat of legal action and / or absolute fear of retribution by the voters. Pruitt may believe he has bought himself street cred with the under 75 crowd by allowing the sale of craft brews on site.
    You seem to be the only ones jumping to conclusions.

Thread Information