Widgets Magazine
Page 483 of 486 FirstFirst ... 383433478479480481482483484485486 LastLast
Results 12,051 to 12,075 of 12138

Thread: Devon Energy Center

Default Re: Devon Energy Center

They should have let that guy scaling the building fix it on his way up.

I wonder, since it seems that they're testing this in segments, did they already have a full installation and they're just testing in pieces or do they have a temp install just for test purposes?

Quote Originally Posted by HFAA Alum View Post
    I wonder, since it seems that they're testing this in segments, did they already have a full installation and they're just testing in pieces or do they have a temp install just for test purposes?
    They have a couple different types of fixtures, and they are all installed inside currently. To my knowledge the entire current setup is temporary, and the actual installation would be on the exterior of the building.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	917444BC-1FBD-41EC-8D9C-031D5C28E78E.jpeg 
Views:	166 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	18279

Name:	DE023F05-AE59-4D81-A4E6-CEDB2A0A4C6A.jpeg 
Views:	130 
Size:	669.8 KB 
ID:	18280

Name:	4801407F-51D7-4DF6-8CB1-74A454C70A59.jpeg 
Views:	137 
Size:	144.8 KB 
ID:	18281

Name:	9594FCDC-6CA8-4DDE-86C1-A85C8180B21C.jpeg 
Views:	123 
Size:	126.8 KB 
ID:	18282

Name:	FE64F770-66DA-4A92-A4D7-646C134023EB.jpeg 
Views:	145 
Size:	2.61 MB 
ID:	18283

Name:	36C68857-F37E-4248-94F0-DE5CE8AA3D64.jpeg 
Views:	126 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	18284
    Devon Tower LED light testing. This test has an animation. The triangle is synced with the side lights. Also, the light test covers the full triangle. This test is a big improvement than the last one we saw months ago.
    Notice the latter two have sparkly lights, similar to what BancFirst does after 11pm.

^

Thanks!

Look promising.

Definitely a step in the right direction since *anything* is better than being dark. I will miss the ability to [mostly] spell out words using the original LED system, though. The 2012ish days where the tower displayed stuff about the Thunder playoffs was super cool. I recall it congratulating both KD and Russ on their MVPs. I think Russ winning in 2017 was the last time the tower LED system displayed any lettering.

Devon testing new lighting again tonight. Looks impressive

Ooh, more pics incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by SagerMichael View Post
    Devon testing new lighting again tonight. Looks impressive
    If they like the result, they will be rolling out this LED across a lot of the surface area of the building. It sounds like it could really make the tower pop. All the light fixtures will be inside the building to avoid the same wind, hail, and gondola damage that messed up the original system. We are apparently going to see some other changes for the tower, but I couldn't get any details.

10. Default Re: Devon Energy Center

Name:	IMG_4272.jpeg 
Views:	140 
Size:	239.3 KB 
ID:	18293

They keep changing but here’s a screenshot of some of them on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post

Name:	IMG_4272.jpeg 
Views:	140 
Size:	239.3 KB 
ID:	18293

They keep changing but here’s a screenshot of some of them on.
    Thanks I was going to post this as well. It shows how if and when Devon gets things going again, our skyline will be very colorful:

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Thanks I was going to post this as well. It shows how if and when Devon gets things going again, our skyline will be very colorful:

Once the Bricktown Towers development gets underway, all the LED in the background will light up the tower cranes (from this angle)!

Name:	26FDE6B0-7227-4D5D-8360-FBDA0E95F114.jpeg 
Views:	105 
Size:	299.6 KB 
ID:	18297
    Even just with the testing, the skyline looks beautiful! I mean at this point, keep “testing” until it’s fully functional. Haha
    Also, I found a better website with the image not squeezed.

https://www.okcweather.com/station/o...eathercam2.htm

They were doing full video in the triangles last night.

My understanding is that this is the final test before they sign a contract. Assuming that happens, it will take about 8 months to install.

The demo was only covering about 50% of the triangles but the fully-installed version would fill them completely. Then there would be horizontal LEDs up the entire length of the 3 indentions.

So, less ability to spell things out along the sides, but much better video capabilities at the top.

Also, the new system would be much brighter.

15. Default Re: Devon Energy Center

Amazing! Thanks for getting a video of that, Pete. What a unique addition to the already mesmerizing night skyline. And happy birthday, Leanne.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Amazing! Thanks for getting a video of that, Pete. What a unique addition to the already mesmerizing night skyline. And happy birthday, Leanne.
    This could turn out to be pretty amazing and better than what was there before.

Not only did the old system never fully function, but it wasn't that bright because the lighting elements were embedded in the mesh metal fins. From certain angles, the lighting was downright dim. And because the fins were mounted vertically, they had to keep them set lower otherwise they would throw a lot of light into the building. The new LEDs would all be pointed outward.

But the real step up would be the full video capabilities in the triangles.

It seems Devon is committed to moving forward with this new system, so hopefully in a year's time we'll have something pretty special.

17. Default Re: Devon Energy Center

This could turn out to be pretty amazing and better than what was there before.

Not only did the old system never fully function, but it wasn't that bright because the lighting elements were embedded in the mesh metal fins. From certain angles, the lighting was downright dim. And because the fins were mounted vertically, they had to keep them set lower otherwise they would throw a lot of light into the building. The new LEDs would all be pointed outward.

But the real step up would be the full video capabilities in the triangles.

It seems Devon is committed to moving forward with this new system, so hopefully in a year's time we'll have something pretty special.

Yeah, the dim lighting didn't quite match the magnificence of this tower especially with it being the tallest. But bright lighting with video capabilities will really put the icing on the cake and give it the look it deserves. I am very excited!

Now THIS is an improvement. It's sleek, ambitious, sexy, and bold. I'm willing to bet that it might even be lit up for special events like Christmas, New Years, 4th of July, or even intermediate events like Presidential Elections and OKC Thunder playoff basketball promotions. This implementation pushes OKC into the outside bracket of the more-known big league cities.

Gotta get ready for the Olympics!

20. Default Re: Devon Energy Center

Gotta get ready for the Olympics!
    Devon really gets to represent our whole city to the world and what a way to do it. I'm just imagining the Olympic Rings shining up there!

Far cry from just a few years back we had a dark Sandridge Tower, lifeless Cotter Ranch Tower, and far from finished First National; all pitch black in the night. The lights prove downtown is alive and well. Devon can’t fix theirs soon enough

Blog Entries

The eye of Sauron has been lit!

holy crap, I have been downright brutal in my criticism of Devon's lighting & maintenance over the years essentially since the start when they scaled back full building lighting to just inlets (which all things considered was a good choice in hindsight knowing the absolute failure of the old system) and this upgraded lighting system is absolutely amazing. If Devon doesn't sign that contract it's time to riot!!!

It's amazing...its almost like sometimes...if we are patient...we end up with something way nicer than we would've if the developers/building owners/companies/etc just went with the easiest or quickest fix because people were complaining...

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    The eye of Sauron has been lit!
    If they don't use that animation at some point...we absolutely need to riot.

Thread Information