Widgets Magazine
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 434445464748
Results 1,176 to 1,192 of 1192

Thread: Oklahoma Factory Shoppes - I40 & Council

Default Re: Oklahoma Factory Shoppes - I40 & Council

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Saks off of 5th is closing for some reason.
    Betcha the rack won't be closing anytime soon; Saks failed, because they underplayed OKC. they sold trash, for the most part....
    No one wants gold men's prada shoes with green polka dots for 295.00 (on sale)

But, the rest of prada's real line, for instance, would not have had any problems moving off the shelf.

A real Saks store would not fail, even if it were twice the size of that pitiful Tulsa location.

I always said that there is room here for one Full-on, large upscale dept store, but only one....
    The first one to show up (NM,Saks,Nords) will WIN okc.

VonMaur doesn't count because VM is trash also......it's name should actually be in a subsequent post, as it doesn't deserve to be mentioned with the names above.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    It would be interesting to see the numbers for Saks Fifth Ave Off Fifth, if they were under-performing and if so by how much. Didn't they have an extremely successful opening? High-end retailers are extremely cautious about the OKC market even if they do well in other cities this size or even smaller. If the store failed because it wasn't supported, it may be a bad sign for OKC's chances of getting more high-end stores going forward.

Likewise, I wonder how Nordstrom Rack and Von Maur are doing?
    Rack seems to be doing good. Always cars in the lot when I'm passing through.

I've bought a few designer items at Off Fifth. But their regular merchandise was not very interesting, nor was the store attractively laid out. You feel like you're at the high end TJ Maxx, looking for a bargain in a haystack. But I never skip it when I'm at the outlet mall because of what I might find. I don't ever remember seeing many people there though. I don't know how many people are hoping to find a Chloe bag for $1800 instead of $3,000

Saks off of 5th is closing for some reason.
    Do you know when?

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    I've bought a few designer items at Off Fifth. But their regular merchandise was not very interesting, nor was the store attractively laid out. You feel like you're at the high end TJ Maxx, looking for a bargain in a haystack. But I never skip it when I'm at the outlet mall because of what I might find. I don't ever remember seeing many people there though. I don't know how many people are hoping to find a Chloe bag for $1800 instead of $3,000
    I've bought suits and ties there, you can occasionally find a good deal. It was a pain though, and it wasn't as well laid out as other Off 5ths.

Actually, I think Saks is closing a lot of their stores. I know they're leaving the Galleria in Dallas as well.

edit: looks like they closed earlier this year. From what I can tell only San Antonio and Houston have full Saks in Texas. Austin already closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadanth View Post
    Do you know when?
    The article says January 17th. I'm hoping they're just closing a bunch of stores and it isn't due to low sales.

Anchor store at Outlet Shoppes closing | Oklahoma City - OKC - KOCO.com

8. Default Re: Oklahoma Factory Shoppes - I40 & Council

The article says January 17th. I'm hoping they're just closing a bunch of stores and it isn't due to low sales.

Anchor store at Outlet Shoppes closing | Oklahoma City - OKC - KOCO.com
    What a great article by KOCO.

OKLAHOMA CITY —Off 5th, the Saks 5th Avenue Outlet store at the Outlet Shoppes of Oklahoma, is closing.

The store is an original anchor store at the mall.

It is unclear why the store is closing, but store employees said it was closing on Jan. 17.
    ^That's the entirety of the article.

Quote Originally Posted by NWOKCGuy View Post
    Actually, I think Saks is closing a lot of their stores. I know they're leaving the Galleria in Dallas as well.

edit: looks like they closed earlier this year. From what I can tell only San Antonio and Houston have full Saks in Texas. Austin already closed.
    Minneapolis also lost their Off Fifth. I am actually surprised the Tulsa store is still going.

Woooooowwwww

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmperry View Post

Journalism at its finest.

Yeah that article is questionable in the sense that he person who wrote knows how to create informative articles.

With Saks gone, I wonder who will take their spot? Being as large as the space is, I wouldn't be surprised if it is divided up.

Quote Originally Posted by tpg4635 View Post
    With Saks gone, I wonder who will take their spot? Being as large as the space is, I wouldn't be surprised if it is divided up.
    Maybe they could try to fill it with a Last Call by Neiman Marcus or H&M maybe

I'm a little sad to see Off 5th close, but a Last Call would be fantastic! I hit the one at Park and Preston in Plano a few times a year, and usually find something. Our Nordstrom Rack has been disappointing, to me at least. I was expecting something closer to the selection of their Dallas stores, but those stores get actual Nordstrom overstock and closeout items. The one in OKC is like a slightly nicer Stein Mart on the men's selection.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    Minneapolis also lost their Off Fifth. I am actually surprised the Tulsa store is still going.
    The Tulsa store is actually subsidized by the owners of Utica Square. That's the only reason it's able to stay open.

This has a little more information but still not a lot of details.

http://m.newsok.com/major-tenant-to-...rticle/5373270

Saks does seem to be doing some downsizing.

http://www.northjersey.com/news/busi...side-1.1113309

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/loca...14-4291962.php

http://www.startribune.com/business/262037431.html

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/b...-confirms.html

http://www.mrketplace.com/47308/saks...elk-moving-in/

http://www.wwd.com/retail-news/depar...-store-6906333

If cities like Dallas, Orlando, and Minneapolis had or are having closings by Saks I don't think we need to have any hand wringing about this happening in OKC.

Thread Information