Widgets Magazine
Page 47 of 98 FirstFirst ... 424344454647484950515297 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 2439

Thread: Lake Hefner at record low water levels, when will city buy Canton water?

Default Re: Lake Hefner at record low water levels, when will city buy Canton water?

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    Maybe not yet. Isn't this still an issue?

Oklahoma City - Oklahoma Water Rights
    The Capitol City of the state of Oklahoma will get the water it needs in the future. I would bet every cent I had on it. The tribes do not own the water they are trying to lay claim to.

Default Re: Lake Hefner at record low water levels, when will city buy Canton water?

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRT View Post
    The Capitol City of the state of Oklahoma will get the water it needs in the future. I would bet every cent I had on it. The tribes do not own the water they are trying to lay claim to.
    You may be right but it's not as cut and dried as you implied.

If you'd RTA, you'd see Guymon's problems had zip to do with a water shortage and were because of pump failures.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    If you'd RTA, you'd see Guymon's problems had zip to do with a water shortage and were because of pump failures.
    I did read the article - where did I claim it was because of a water shortage. The fact remains that Guymon is the 4th year of a drought (in the article) and they just now told people not to water outside. I wonder why the pump failed.

When I lived in Guymon the water was very cheap, so was the natural gas.
    Guymon has very high quality water that they draw from the Ogallala aquifer. Any town can have the type of water problem they are having.

Many years ago the aquifer spring fed streams and small rivers that would have helped keep Canton Lake and other lakes full. But agricultural use has depleted this ancient source of water. At some point in the next 50 years farming with this water will become unpractical. I have read that some 20% of our nation’s agricultural production is grown with Ogallala aquifer water.

Please excuse this post, it only applies to one, and he will know who he is.

If you want to say something to me, say it publicly in an open forum. I have NO FEAR, I repeat NO FEAR of you. Soon, I will know who you are.

Thank you for your patience, and please forgive the intrusion.

It rained today, so I thought I might post in this thread.

I'm glad it rained there. Please do not take my previous post personally.

I drove through the panhandle last week (Denver to Midland and back on Monday and Thursday) and saw a what looked like a water pipeline being put in along US-287 and the railroad tracks in Texas and Oklahoma. SE Colorado is very dry but had some rain on Thursday evening.

I have heard rumors of a water pipeline, but my understanding was it was existing, being converted to water. An oilfield thing.

This looked to be new as the pipe was laying on the ground and trenching equipment was on site, there are many miles of it waiting to be buried. I know Boone Pickens was trying to get water down from further north to the DFW area, not sure if this had anything to do with this project or not.

My understanding, is the water is coming from the east.

This is rumors only.

Quote Originally Posted by ou48A View Post
    When I lived in Guymon the water was very cheap, so was the natural gas.
    Guymon has very high quality water that they draw from the Ogallala aquifer. Any town can have the type of water problem they are having.

Many years ago the aquifer spring fed streams and small rivers that would have helped keep Canton Lake and other lakes full. But agricultural use has depleted this ancient source of water. At some point in the next 50 years farming with this water will become unpractical. I have read that some 20% of our nation’s agricultural production is grown with Ogallala aquifer water.
    Did the hog farms contribute to the decline of the aquifer, or is it the production of corn for ethanol?

Quote Originally Posted by law View Post
    I'm glad it rained there. Please do not take my previous post personally.
    Why would I?

Are you threatening someone on the internet?

Who and with what?

My understanding, is the water is coming from the east.
    If it is a water pipe along US-287, it is probably not intended for any towns in Oklahoma, Boise City would be the only one very close anyway.

No, I am not. I didn't mean anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    If it is a water pipe along US-287, it is probably not intended for any towns in Oklahoma, Boise City would be the only one very close anyway.
    It extends into Texas, I think it is just passing through Oklahoma. I'll see how far it extends into Oklahoma tomorrow as I make the drive to West Texas again.

Those dependent on Lake Meredith are very thirsty.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    It extends into Texas, I think it is just passing through Oklahoma. I'll see how far it extends into Oklahoma tomorrow as I make the drive to West Texas again.
    Well if it is passing through Ok then why can't the state just go ahead and tap into the pipe and send it on over to canton lake? That way Canton has an endless supply on TBoones dime and everyone's happy,except Tboone.

Those dependent on Lake Meredith are very thirsty.
    Lake Meredith is worse of a bust for the Texas panhandle than Canton is for NW Oklahoma. I hope NW Oklahoma gets lots of rain tomorrow and overnight into Monday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    Lake Meredith is worse of a bust for the Texas panhandle than Canton is for NW Oklahoma. I hope NW Oklahoma gets lots of rain tomorrow and overnight into Monday morning.
    Speaking of busts, apparently a solution has been found for Oklahoma's bust of a 'Lake', rebranding. Lake Optima is now Optima National Wildlife Refuge.

Please excuse this post, it only applies to one, and he will know who he is.

If you want to say something to me, say it publicly in an open forum. I have NO FEAR, I repeat NO FEAR of you. Soon, I will know who you are.

Thank you for your patience, and please forgive the intrusion.
    No, I am not. I didn't mean anything.
    Then what the hell did you mean by this?

It sounds like a threat to me.

You then said I shouldn't take it personally... well, when someone makes threats like that, I think that's cause for concern and an indication I might be dealing with a slightly imbalanced individual.

Please explain this to me.

Thread Information