Widgets Magazine
Page 47 of 75 FirstFirst ... 4243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1855

Thread: Costco

Default Re: Costco

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    My concern is it backing up onto the turnpike which creates a dangerous situation.
    That wasn't the case this morning but I suspect it could be a problem on the eastbound Penn exit.

So glad it's open. It's amazing to me that it took OKC this long to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    The warning signs may be for southbound I-235/I-44 traffic.
    No, I read somewhere they expect Costco traffic to back up onto turnpike off ramp or even on turnpike itself. Has nothing to do with 235. I suspect its more for late afternoon when you mix rush hour plus Costco traffic. Traffic already backs up on the off ramp in rush hour pre Coscto so it won’t take much more to back up on turnpike. With cars going 70 then add in stopped traffic and its great they are warning drivers. Also expect big Costco traffic this weekend. It was related to Costco.

lol. i can't imagine being basic enough to show up to the grand opening of something like this.

"hey, boss, the costco is opening on Thursday, May 16, and I will lose a lot of street cred with my friends in Rose Creek if I miss the grand opening. so i'll need off that morning. TIA!"

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    lol. i can't imagine being basic enough to show up to the grand opening of something like this.

"hey, boss, the costco is opening on Thursday, May 16, and I will lose a lot of street cred with my friends in Rose Creek if I miss the grand opening. so i'll need off that morning. TIA!"
    Hey, I would have gone in except I could see there were no parking spaces after I flew my drone.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Hey, I would have gone in except I could see there were no parking spaces after I flew my drone.
    Same! I drove by twice on Turnpike (unrelated to going to Costco with no issues, but parking lot was JAMMED so I took a pass on stopping

I'm very interested to see their product lineup as it compares to the stores I shopped in California.

It's been a few years, so I'm sure things have changed at all stores, but there were several products I loved.

I was the biggest Costco fan around but I live right next to a brand new Sam's Club and I've found good replacements for almost everything I had bought at Costco. I'm not willing to battle traffic and crowds on a regular basis but there may be some things worth the occasional trip and/or on-line buy.

I was there before they opened at 8 am. Ok I got there at 730am. about 50 people lined up. I went to their main door (not where everyone thought it was) and was first in. Anyway 2 hrs later when I left at 10ish it was wall to wall carts. I had a problem getting out of the parking lot. People just stopped and waited for some one to pull out of a parking space. (ie when no one was sitting in their cars waiting to pull out). Other then that and no tp in the bathroom) Everything was fine. Check out moved quickly. They brough in experienced checkers and had new employess helping. Some decent buys and nice looking crab legs and fresh fish. Lady that lived in Alaska agreed with me. Anyway, happy shopping everyone.

I think it will be slammed this weekend. Especially if weather guys push Armageddon Monday forecast that always draws out the shoppers stocking up for end of days lol.

10. Default Re: Costco

thanks for the report and cheers! OKC.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

I just got home. I arrived at Costco around 10:30 am.

Police were at every entry/exit making sure traffic moved smoothly. I had to look for about 10 minutes for a parking spot. No problem really considering it’s grand opening.

It was busy but checkout was quick. As I expected from previous experience they had 3 employees at each checkout. One removing items from the cart, the cashier scanning, and a 3rd person putting items back in the cart, sacking or boxing as necessary. Very smooth.

This is the 15th Costco I’ve been in and I knew what to expect. I’m satisfied.

The wine selection was very good, although I’m no wine expert.

I’m going on a road trip soon. I’ll stop in Costco’s in California, Arizona and New Mexico for the purpose of buying some Costco Kirkland brand and name brand Liquor and Spirits. The Kirkland brand Vodka, Tequila, Bourbon, etc is very good quality and darn cheap. No I’m not an alcoholic, lol, I like to entertain.

So this is Thursday, most people are at work. Wait til Saturday to see how busy Costco gets.

Oh, I did fill up. Top Tier Gas $2.25 gallon. They have attendants on duty if you need help fueling.

6 Awesome Cheap Wines You Can Score at Costco

By
    HEATH GOLDMAN | SEP. 8, 2017
    Did you know that Costco is the biggest wine retailer in the U.S.? Whoa, neither did we. The chain sells name brand labels for 20 percent less than most wine stores. And when something great isn’t available for retail, Costco bottles it under its private label, Kirkland Signature. The huge selection means lots of decision making, so we tossed back taste-tested a bunch of vino to bring you the best pick for every occasion.

https://www.purewow.com/food/cheap-costco-wines

Some of the Kirkland brand beers are very good as well.

But it does suck about them not being able to sell liquor. Used them for all my big parties over the years.

I am hoping they still carry their Kirkland margarita mix which is very good and pretty darn cheap.

^^^^^^^ Yes they had the margarita mix. Want me to pick up some for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Some of the Kirkland brand beers are very good as well.

But it does suck about them not being able to sell liquor. Used them for all my big parties over the years.

I am hoping they still carry their Kirkland margarita mix which is very good and pretty darn cheap.
    I didn’t know they were largest wine retailer! Wow, and good for us!

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    ^^^^^^^ Yes they had the margarita mix. Want me to pick up some for you?
    Hooray!

That's very kind but I'll go stock up once the crowds die down a bit.

Blog Entries

Went tonight at 730 and it was busy but not that bad. Parked easy and when walked in the check out lines looked long but after 30-40 minutes inside they were only 2 people deep. Easy in and out. I agree with above posts that weekend will be bonkers but I was please that late hours tonight were fine.

I was told they were processing about 1,000 new members today and expected sales at or over $1.0 Mill. Tulsa store did just under $700K its first open day. People were having fun!

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    Went tonight at 730 and it was busy but not that bad. Parked easy and when walked in the check out lines looked long but after 30-40 minutes inside they were only 2 people deep. Easy in and out. I agree with above posts that weekend will be bonkers but I was please that late hours tonight were fine.

I was told they were processing about 1,000 new members today and expected sales at or over $1.0 Mill. Tulsa store did just under $700K its first open day. People were having fun!
    I went in at the same time. Not bad at all. Busy, yes, but very organized and great customer service. The checkout lines, while long, moved very quickly.

How long were lines to get a Costco ID card?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post
    How long were lines to get a Costco ID card?
    Not really long - they had that set up just outside the main entrance and were maybe 2-3 deep I think. I didn’t look that closely but I’d go at an off hour - late or early to be safe. That was at 8 last night and closed at 830.

I was in Wichita quite a bit when they opened there - they had free trial passes all over town. I would go with one of those or maybe tag along with a friend that has one before decide if its worth switching from Sam's as its alot less convenient for us to get to Costco when we have the option of multiple Sam's closer

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatesooner View Post
    I was in Wichita quite a bit when they opened there - they had free trial passes all over town. I would go with one of those or maybe tag along with a friend that has one before decide if its worth switching from Sam's as its alot less convenient for us to get to Costco when we have the option of multiple Sam's closer
    Me, I dropped my Sams and am 100% getting Costco. Used them when I lived in Cali and loved Costco over Sams hands down. Costco actually cares about customer service!

Friday night at 7pm not too busy and easy parking. Lots of stuff Sams just does not carry. I think Sams beats their price on meat

24. Default Re: Costco

Don't know if it's been mentioned..... Does Costco have anything like Sam's "Scan And Go" app? I love it at Sam's, I never wait to check out and I always have my receipt.

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    Don't know if it's been mentioned..... Does Costco have anything like Sam's "Scan And Go" app? I love it at Sam's, I never wait to check out and I always have my receipt.
    No. Not even self-checkout.

Thread Information