Widgets Magazine
Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 41424344454647 LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1157

Thread: National Basketball Association

1. Default Re: National Basketball Association

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    For being in an NBA city there appears to be lttle interest in the playoffs in this forum.
    If you want to talk NBA go to RealGM. That's where the hard core fans are.

Blog Entries

NBA Re: National Basketball Association

Default Re: National Basketball Association

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    The Knicks are the team that needed Jerry West as the executive over the last 20 years or so? AKA the James Dolan era?
    Dolan has been a nightmare. Remarkably he pretty much has a off hands aporoach to the Rangers and they have been more successful than the Knicks.

4. Default Re: National Basketball Association

Quote Originally Posted by catcherinthewry View Post
    If you want to talk NBA go to RealGM. That's where the hard core fans are.
    I didn’t read the original comment as a desire to discuss NBA hoop so much as a critique of the OKC fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    I didn’t read the original comment as a desire to discuss NBA hoop so much as a critique of the OKC fan base.
    Indeed.
    I have to say since the Thunder lost, I have not been watching the rest of the play offs and the 10 days break between the conference finals and the finals is killer. I’m considering my self a big NBA fan though.

Much more excited about the 24 hours of Le Mans on this weekend sport scene ! 😀

6. Default Re: National Basketball Association

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    I was just saying that maybe the reason there is not a lot of NBA talk here is because people go elsewhere to discuss NBA. I know I do.

Quote Originally Posted by catcherinthewry View Post
    I was just saying that maybe the reason there is not a lot of NBA talk here is because people go elsewhere to discuss NBA. I know I do.
    Thanks. I'm glad to know I am not the only one

Watching these finals is brutal. The Mavs are playing back down to Earth (shoutout Boston's defense). And this is exactly the team I thought we would be matched up against. Instead, OKC got cooked by Washington, THJ, Gafford, Jones, and Lively.

Luka fouling out and the fact is Boston is just flat out better. Looks like it will be a sweep

10. Default Re: National Basketball Association

Windhorst did a great job of summing up Luka's night https://streamable.com/z12brn

11. Default Re: National Basketball Association

The reality is that Boston has been the best team in the league from wire to wire this season. Around here our coverage understandably skews Western Conference, but anyone paying close attention would have picked them early to come out of the ECF and probably to win the whole thing.

Dallas peaked at the perfect time, and their trade deadline moves were probably the best in the league. Their revived defense, disruption of passing lanes and play inside is what frustrated OKC, and the first two things are what did in Minnesota. But they’ve crashed back to earth, and Luka is being exposed on multiple levels. Couldn’t happen to a more deserving individual.

If there is one thing I hate in life, it is the Boston Celtics

I'm happy to see Jeff VG getting a ring after ESPN screwed him over

14. Default Re: National Basketball Association

Happy for Al Horford.

Blog Entries

LeBron James Will Join the Oklahoma City Thunder in 2024 NBA Free Agency: Link: https://twsn.net/2024/06/lebron-jame...ba-free-agency

Don't know whether the laugh, cry or jump for joy.

amazing... james is going to simultaneously join the mavericks!

LeBron James Will Join the Dallas Mavericks in 2024 NBA Free Agency (twsn.net)

Blog Entries

It's going to come down to which team can accommodate he and his son.

It will be a job loser for any coach burdened with James & son on the same roster. It has been a job loser for the last 3 without the kid there.

That would be the most Non-Sam Presti thing ever.

Monty Williams fired by the Pistons. Monty is a great person and coach. He will be in a better position than Detroit. LA???

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Monty Williams fired by the Pistons. Monty is a great person and coach. He will be in a better position than Detroit. LA???
    he is a great person .. he is no where close to a great coach ... he is really not even a good head coach ..

the pistons owe him about 60 mil with this firing ..

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    he is a great person .. he is no where close to a great coach ... he is really not even a good head coach ..

the pistons owe him about 60 mil with this firing ..
    Monty had done a great job before and is obviously coaching at the top level of his profession. It clearly didn't go well last season in Detroit, but Troy Weaver gave him a team that didn't fit together. It's wild to say he's "no where close to a great coach." He was a deserving coach of the year in 2022. Not every situation is perfect.

Dude made over $5.6MM per W. Biggest coaching fleece in NBA history.

Monty has had a lifetime's worth of highs and lows within the last decade. He seems to be well regarded throughout the NBA.

I really hope his agent got him a guaranteed zero offsets for the first 2 years after being fired in his Pistons deal. At least for seasons 1 and 2.

Thread Information