Widgets Magazine
Page 46 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4142434445464748495051 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1492

Thread: Classen Curve

Default Re: Classen Curve

Quote Originally Posted by ABryant View Post
    I drove home from work early this morning, and made a quick detour by the dark building near Anthropology. There was some construction equipment and building materials next door. Didn't stop because I didn't want to bother the Chesecops. Might be unrelated to the building, but I still wonder what it is going to be.
    I saw the same thing last night. There were several pallets of materials in the parking lot, a few people cranes (you know, the small blue ones that only lift people into place, not sure exactly what they are called) and a few of the panels on the triangular extension were down or being changed out.

There hasn't been any sort of building permit for that location, and there would be before they could finish out that space.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    There hasn't been any sort of building permit for that location, and there would be before they could finish out that space.
    Honestly, it has been there for a while without any sort of tenants, I am curious if they have to do a little outdoor maintenance since is has sat empty for an extended period of time.

Is it possible they are just using it for storage?

I know in Austin they would start getting materials in a space before the permit was approved and sometimes start building partitions but only rocking one side. Many times the permit was issued and they would have electrical/plumbing inspectors out for inspection the next day. I know that is not the case in San Antonio, they will cause a big fuss if you start building but storage of materials was OK. I didn't do that much tenant work in OKC (and it was more than 10 years ago) so I can't remember how OKC handles it.

I'm not part of the running community but obviously this business has been doing something right.

Expanded Red Coyote celebrates local running community | News OK

For what it's worth, now there is a large construction trash can to go with all the wooden crates and small equipment on site.

For what it's worth, now there is a large construction trash can to go with all the wooden crates and small equipment on site.
    Are you talking about the area next to Anthropologie?

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Are you talking about the area next to Anthropologie?
    Yes.

Wouldn't it be nice if it were going to be Urban Outfitters? I've about given up on then coming downtown.

In this building housing Anthropologie they removed most of the roof cap last week. Obviously something is going on, but it may be as simple as roof maintenance. With all of the rains we've had lately, I hope that they're not having roof failures on a mostly-unoccupied building.

Still no building permit for that space.

I drove by again on the way home from work. They are putting a red/orange cladding on the top part of the building. I might be wrong about the color, because it was at night.

14. Default Re: Classen Curve

I drove by again on the way home from work. They are putting a red/orange cladding on the top part of the building. I might be wrong about the color, because it was at night.
    Like for roof repairs or is it like they are building a sign?

No is a slight change. from black to orange...

Several vehicles and a team of guys are there working on it today

Water is draining from under Balliet's and causing a problem at the intersection of Grand & Western, specifically the southeastbound Grand to southbound Western turn lane. I'm really surprised that cones aren't up yet (if for no other reason than to direct traffic around the hazard), but I don't know who to call.

The hazard is potholes - increasing in both number and size - which are continuously filled with water that runs from the curb drain at the NW/C of 57th & Grand. For some reason water has been steadily running for several weeks now.

Anybody have the phone number to report this?

It looks like they are just doing repairs to the building from storm damage at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by TechArch View Post
    It looks like they are just doing repairs to the building from storm damage at some point.
    Yes, I went by there and had a good look around...

No sort of work being done on the interior. It looks like they are repairing the roof and fascia.

Oklahoman reporting CHK looking to sell Classen Curve & Nichols Hills Plaza.

Story

^ Interesting.

It's been widely known they have been shopping them around but this is the first time they've been so public about it or implied they have buyers.

I hope they are doing the same with the now-empty lots where the Glenbrook office buildings once stood.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanosu View Post
    Oklahoman reporting CHK looking to sell Classen Curve & Nichols Hills Plaza.

Story
    Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

It's very good, IMO.

With the new constraints and mandates, CHK was never going to do much with these properties so I'm anxious to see them get into the hands of someone who is proactive.

Of course, Chesapeake will never get half of what they paid for and invested into any of the properties they own in OKC, but especially these.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    It's very good, IMO.

With the new constraints and mandates, CHK was never going to do much with these properties so I'm anxious to see them get into the hands of someone who is proactive.

Of course, Chesapeake will never get half of what they paid for and invested into any of the properties they own in OKC, but especially these.
    Hopefully the new owner can revive Nichols Hills Plaza and turn Classen Curve into what it was originally intended to be.

Wonder if Aubrey will be part of a new development group....

Thread Information