Widgets Magazine
Page 435 of 486 FirstFirst ... 335385430431432433434435436437438439440485 ... LastLast
Results 10,851 to 10,875 of 12127

Thread: Devon Energy Center

Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Quote Originally Posted by diggyba View Post
    Ohh PLEASE Devon, don't put a cross on your building!
    please do

I'd say put one up, better to be safe than sorry.....

3. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Are some of you closet vampires and can't stand the sight of crosses?

Let's PLEASE not turn this into yet another discussion about crosses on downtown buildings.

Thanks.

How about everyone never posts anything but pictures

^^^I was gonna say that in my post but it disappeared. Sorry Pete, wasn't trying to be mean, just was sayin... :-)

Does anyone have any new skyline pics they could post?

Quote Originally Posted by soonerwilliam View Post
    Does anyone have any new skyline pics they could post?
    I would LOVE some updated shots from Cooper @ Insight Visual Media. Fuel up the choppa!!!

Are they ever going to turn the lights off inside? It seems everytime i drive by in the morning around 0530 the lights are all on inside.

I would be very surprised if most if not all their lights are on motion sensors, so I have no idea why they would all be on at that time of the morning.

Turning off unnecessary lights is a big part of getting LEED certification, and that was a stated goal.

11. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

While I am excited at the probability that Devon will build another tower downtown, am I alone in thinking that their downsizing of the Devon Tower was not as carefully thought as they had hoped? What a sight it would have been to have the 75 feet back (maybe 4 floors?). Or even add 50 more feet to get supertall status. (to dream, OKC with a supertall)

Sure, I want more buildings but wouldn't it be nice to have the 925 footer AND a 30-40 storey Devon 'amenities' tower. lol
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    While I am excited at the probability that Devon will build another tower downtown, am I alone in thinking that their downsizing of the Devon Tower was not as carefully thought as they had hoped? What a sight it would have been to have the 75 feet back (maybe 4 floors?). Or even add 50 more feet to get supertall status. (to dream, OKC with a supertall)

Sure, I want more buildings but wouldn't it be nice to have the 925 footer AND a 30-40 storey Devon 'amenities' tower. lol
    I'm 100% with you. Any tower that Devon builds I will sit there and think to myself... I just wish they would've included x floors on their original tower. But I will still glad if they build a new one.

I wish someone would take a picture of our skyline from the south west side of Oklahoma City as your driving up north on i-44, I always try not to get too distracted when I'm leaving O-Triple-C because its like the tower is looking me dead in the face lol.

Not from I-44 but it's from the southwest at WRWA:

Quote Originally Posted by KayneMo View Post
    Not from I-44 but it's from the southwest at WRWA:

Beautiful! thank you

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post

There was a special on a few weeks back. There was a brief comment in the special that the FAA didn't like the original planned height. Also, those floors went elsewhere in town to house a data center if memory serves. A sound plan all in all.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    There was a special on a few weeks back. There was a brief comment in the special that the FAA didn't like the original planned height. Also, those floors went elsewhere in town to house a data center if memory serves. A sound plan all in all.
    The FAA doesn't care. There are taller structures in the city which already have the airspace configured to a higher Minimum Safe Altitude. (transmitters)

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    Why didn't they like size of it? Does that mean future towers in Oklahoma City have a limit in height?

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBoy18 View Post
    Why didn't they like size of it? Does that mean future towers in Oklahoma City have a limit in height?
    No.

While I keep up with this page every single day, I seemed to have missed the original post about another Devon Tower? I've gone back a few pages to find it, but can't. Can someone fill me in? Thanks!

So if somebody wanted to build something like the Burj Khalifa in OKC it would pass?

The FAA would readjust it's Minimum Safe Altitude for the downtown area.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    The FAA would readjust it's Minimum Safe Altitude for the downtown area.
    I know Tinker is a ways from downtown, but they wouldn't have any say?

Quote Originally Posted by OKC74 View Post
    While I keep up with this page every single day, I seemed to have missed the original post about another Devon Tower? I've gone back a few pages to find it, but can't. Can someone fill me in? Thanks!
    You will find it in the Mystery Tower thread.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBoy18 View Post
    Don't remember the full exchange. It was just one of several comments in a short narrative by someone from the company. I'll see if we kept the show on dvr and pay more attention to a repeat of we did. Won't be today. Grandbabies will be up soon!

Thread Information