Widgets Magazine
Page 43 of 96 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474893 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 2384

Thread: Midtown

Default Re: Midtown Update!!

Sorry metro. I never read the Newsok article on it, just the one above.

Lots of construction underway on the 9th street burger joint.

I Dont know if this will embed, but here is the vision for the Frontline Downtown campus vision...

Spoke w/ someone today who said the Bert Belanger project is off. The Houston company backed off because the couldn't get enough tax incentives from the city. Anyone else heard anything?

Didn't seem to be a problem with The Bradshaws' new project or with Level, I wonder what the deal is?

I'm not sure Belanger's property falls within a TIF, as did the properties for Bradshaw and Level.

It would have certainly been worth it for the city though.

8. Default Re: Midtown Update!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    I'm not sure Belanger's property falls within a TIF, as did the properties for Bradshaw and Level.
    Bingo.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    The Frontline pastor gave different numbers to me and Bailey... can't explain that.
    Is that minister lying? The Lord will smite him!

I am not sure of the laws, but does anyone know if the Frontline Church will affect the Packard Building and its ability to have a restaurant that serves liquor? Living next door I was hoping that building would get some kind of cool restaurant/bar.

Quote Originally Posted by OKC1987 View Post
    I am not sure of the laws, but does anyone know if the Frontline Church will affect the Packard Building and its ability to have a restaurant that serves liquor? Living next door I was hoping that building would get some kind of cool restaurant/bar.
    Yes, it will affect it, but I'm fairly sure the church can grant an exemption.

12. Default Re: Midtown Update!!

It probably won't affect it any more than it already was affected. It was owned by a church when it was sold to Frontline, and has been a church for many, many years. That said, the liquor restrictions only affects BARS. If more than 50% of your revenue is food, you can locate immediately next door to a church. Hideaway has a bar. Red Prime has a bar. Both are within 300' of church property. However, a bar probably could not be licensed, even if the church wants it there. They cannot grant exemptions to the restriction.

Quote Originally Posted by oakhollow View Post
    Spoke w/ someone today who said the Bert Belanger project is off. The Houston company backed off because the couldn't get enough tax incentives from the city. Anyone else heard anything?
    Which project is this again?

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Is that minister lying? The Lord will smite him!

Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by KilgoreTrout View Post
    Which project is this again?
    I am also curious as to what project this is.

Quote Originally Posted by wschnitt View Post
    I am also curious as to what project this is.
    Apartments next to the park on Broadway between 11th and 13th. Big issue is financing and getting the "quiet zone" completed for the railway.

2 separate buildings? Which side of broadway? I cannot find anything about this online.

Knowing many of the pastors and members, Im sure the serving of alcohol will be more of a problem for the city than the church! I know MANY frontliners who brew thier own liquid joy and meet in bars for group...

I never saw the plans. I just read about them. But it is my understanding that it was going to be an apartment development on the East side of Broadway fronting the old WPA park where the "anchor monument". The big depository building was going to be incorporated into it if the Neighbors Coffee folks cooperated.

The things that stuck out in my mind as to why it hasn't happened were finances and the RR horns.

The Belanger project was tentatively called Campbell Park:

Anyone attending the Halloween Parade Saturday have any thoughts as to how it was handled in Auto Alley/Midtown?

Something new is coming to NW10th & Walker. The former location of Treasures Past is being renovated, although there are no signs as to the new business. I have seen contractors working at this location for the last couple of weeks. Anyone have the scoop?

nevermind

By the way, I was wrong when I said the proposed Campbell Park project (now seemingly not going forward any time soon) was not in a TIF as opposed to the other housing projects that have been recently started or completed.

Here is a map of TIF #2; it really encompasses all of the downtown area, although Devon Energy Center and the Skirvin have their own TIF's:

Anyone else see how The Block Party, benefitting Oklahoma City Educare, is being held in the Packard Building this year instead of on Film Row? It would be the first major event I know of in the remodeled Packard.

http://blockpartyokc.com/blockparty.html

Thread Information