Widgets Magazine
Page 42 of 96 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464792 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 2398

Thread: Midtown

Default Re: Midtown Update!!

With the latest study suggesting that 26% of OKC residents have some level of interest in living downtown, expect a lot more development. We are talking 125,000 people interested in living downtown. That is a lot of people.

When the streetcar creates a very simple connection between Midtown, the CBD and Bricktown I think you will definitely see residential development increase muti-fold. It's already great living downtown, but having simple, understandable mass transit will make it even easier and more fun.

Everything becomes additive. The more people living downtown, the more services and the more housing, dining, retail (I hope!) options exist, the more appealing it is to live downtown. Hopefully that will create a less than vicious cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    When the streetcar creates a very simple connection between Midtown, the CBD and Bricktown I think you will definitely see residential development increase muti-fold. It's already great living downtown, but having simple, understandable mass transit will make it even easier and more fun.

Everything becomes additive. The more people living downtown, the more services and the more housing, dining, retail (I hope!) options exist, the more appealing it is to live downtown. Hopefully that will create a less than vicious cycle.
    I am with you on that Betts. I wish I could sell this dang house here in Florida so I could get back to OKC and open one of the business ideas I have so I can be in on the ground floor when downtown OKC really takes off. The development taking place today is chicken feed compared to what will be going on 10 years. I would be willing to sell our house for what we owe on it (and we are not underwater).

Has anyone done a survey of unused and under-used buildings in Midtown?

I drive through almost daily and I'm astounded by a select few buildings in the area with great character and seemingly good bones that are sitting vacant and nearly vacant, many with realty signs on display. I'm thinking about making a small project out of taking a few photographs of each one, posting them on here and starting a short (mostly pointless but entertaining) discussion on potential usage, history, current use (if any).

First up would have been the City Church building on NW 10th and Robinson, but I'm told a new congregation is moving in soon. So I think I might start this week with two buildings at NW 11th and Robinson (NE corner and SW corner). Any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    I have recently heard a very good Midtown housing rumor.

The Rumor .... Another Midtown housing project is in the works with 150+ rental units and will be in direct competition to the (Mercy) "Edge" project. This project could be announced very soon and the developer wants to beat the "Edge" project to the finish line (I know that may not be difficult to do).

Now after reading the Steve Lackmeyer article @ newsok, this project is probably more than just a rumor.

Lots of land available in Midtown for a project of this size.
    wow .. i would love for this to be between 10th and 11th east of harvey

Quote Originally Posted by okclee View Post
    Noticed grand opening sign for the restaurant across from The Sieber on 12th and Hudson.

Kabobs, gyros, and burgers, didn't see the restaurant name it may have been covered by grand opening banner.
    Quote Originally Posted by CuatrodeMayo View Post
    Yea...noticed that a few weeks ago... the old Taste of the Carribean building. I've been meaning to try it.
    There is a for lease sign on this building now, restaurant is closed.

I have recently heard a very good Midtown housing rumor.

The Rumor .... Another Midtown housing project is in the works with 150+ rental units and will be in direct competition to the (Mercy) "Edge" project. This project could be announced very soon and the developer wants to beat the "Edge" project to the finish line (I know that may not be difficult to do).

Now after reading the Steve Lackmeyer article @ newsok, this project is probably more than just a rumor.

Lots of land available in Midtown for a project of this size.
    I wouldn't be surprised if this is the development off broadway that bert belanger /via land owner Shannon Self worked on. Sometimes that is considered Midtown.

8. Default Re: Midtown Update!!

The out of state property owners think this property in its present state (parking area disaster) is worth $2500 a month.
    I know people who have tried to buy it and say the asking price is 300+ . Very unreasonable, IMO.
    I wish the City had ordinances that would crack down on this type of property owners.

10. Default Re: Midtown Update!!

City, I don't know who you are, but it's almost scary how on target you on this. By all accounts, what you're saying is the same thing I've gotten from the most credible folks I know on the inside of what's going on in MidTown.

What about the building directly south of there on the east side of Hudson, does that have anything in it?

Quote Originally Posted by mcca7596 View Post
    What about the building directly south of there on the east side of Hudson, does that have anything in it?
    it has a tattoo shop and a church ... and maybe a hair place

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    That sounds like a verse from Ray Stevens' The Haircut Song.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    City, I don't know who you are, but it's almost scary how on target you on this. By all accounts, what you're saying is the same thing I've gotten from the most credible folks I know on the inside of what's going on in MidTown.
    Why is it creepy that everyday people can know inside scoop like a journalist? There arenplenty of us "insiders" on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by city View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if this is the development off broadway that bert belanger /via land owner Shannon Self worked on. Sometimes that is considered Midtown.
    That would be great news. I'd love to see development move up Broadway.

16. Default Re: Midtown Update!!

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Why is it creepy that everyday people can know inside scoop like a journalist? There arenplenty of us "insiders" on this site.
    xxx
    Last edited by Steve; 09-29-2011 at 11:58 AM. Reason: why bother? not worth my time

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Thanks.

I do wish a restaurant could make it for a while in the old Taste of Caribbean building.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    xxx
    Oh, well thank you for gracing us with your valuable time that is not worth your time. I still don't understand why it is shocking to a veteran journalist that the public can have inside scoop.

19. Default Re: Midtown Update!!

You keep putting words in my mouth Metro.... fortunately I don't worry about your opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Oh, well thank you for gracing us with your valuable time that is not worth your time. I still don't understand why it is shocking to a veteran journalist that the public can have inside scoop.
    What is wrong with Metro? Are you just a jerk?

21. Default Re: Midtown Update!!

Ah, he's always trying to jerk my chain. I was simply complimenting someone on how accurate their info was, never called anyone "creepy" or suggested I was "shocked" at what others know.

Quote Originally Posted by KilgoreTrout View Post
    What is wrong with Metro? Are you just a jerk?
    metro appears to me as simply just being metro. He may seem more metro than normal metro to some, sort of like metro grande or something, but it's possibly that's just an outward sign of some sleep deprivation and all in all, he's just metro.

My apologies. I guess I didn't get Steves tongue and cheek on his original post

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    metro appears to me as simply just being metro. He may seem more metro than normal metro to some, sort of like metro grande or something, but it's possibly that's just an outward sign of some sleep deprivation and all in all, he's just metro.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    Who's metro again?

Thread Information