Widgets Magazine
Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344 LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1092

Thread: Covid-19 News and Information

1. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    What do you mean “it was downgraded”? The vaccines hasn’t been “downgraded” by the government. Insurance plans are required to pay for the vaccine at an in-network provider, with no out of pocket costs to the patient. That’s federal law. Those without insurance can access free vaccines through multiple sources as part of a federal program.
    He’s saying c19 is no longer classified as a public health emergency

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...0will%20change.

2. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Made appts at CVS for me and my wife tonight for boosters, and input our BCBS PPO info and the app said "fine, here are your appts". Wife got declined today hours before the appt, but I didn't. Tech said that BCBS didn't contract with CVS for the booster and it would be $190 each. **** that, it should be free for everybody everywhere, regardless of insurance or lack thereof, it's a public health situation....
    We both have BCBS and just walked in to Walmart.

3. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    We both have BCBS and just walked in to Walmart.

Which brings up something else... I'm in Ardmore, so it's possible I'm the only vaccinated person in Carter County, but I had scheduled an appointment and when I walked in they started asking me all the questions I had already answered online.... So while their webpages still say to schedule the shot. It appears most are taking walk ins now.

4. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    Which brings up something else... I'm in Ardmore, so it's possible I'm the only vaccinated person in Carter County, but I had scheduled an appointment and when I walked in they started asking me all the questions I had already answered online.... So while their webpages still say to schedule the shot. It appears most are taking walk ins now.
    The only reason I know of to currently make an appointment is to make sure that pharmacy has the manufacturer's vaccine that you want. Otherwise I haven't seen more than one person anywhere near the vaccine area of any pharmacy I've been by in some time.

Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

We just made an appt (we always do for vaccines because the 23rd/May Walgreens can be crazy at times, but not nearly as stupid as the 50th/May one) at Walgreens for tonight. Just baffling that CVS isn't in the BCBS network, healthcare is sooooooooooooo broken in this country.

6. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Just baffling that CVS isn't in the BCBS network, healthcare is sooooooooooooo broken in this country.
    I don't know what the rationale for it is but they swap back and forth every few years.... If I remember correctly they do the same with Walmart.

7. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

We have BCBS and changed from Walgreens to Clyde Pharmacy (local) and couldn’t be happier. I was picking a prescription and they asked if I needed the booster, I said yes, and 2 min later had it. Shot was free with my insurance and I went about my day.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    I don't know what the rationale for it is but they swap back and forth every few years.... If I remember correctly they do the same with Walmart.
    $$$$$$ - that's always the rationale for something happening in health care/insurance.

Deer creek wastewater treatment plant now reporting medium levels of COVID on the waste stream. North Canadian waste water treatment plant still reports low levels.

https://kfor.com/news/cdc-data-shows...hs-per-capita/
    Oklahoma a leading state along with Mississippi in Covid deaths.

Imagine that!

11. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Quote Originally Posted by Canoe View Post
    Deer creek wastewater treatment plant now reporting medium levels of COVID on the waste stream. North Canadian waste water treatment plant still reports low levels.
    The office has had more people out this past week testing positive since 2021. Our family Thanksgiving was cancelled because the host family tested positive. All except the dad who hasn't apparently had it at all.
    Good news is of the 15 or so people it's been pretty minor sinus infection type symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    https://kfor.com/news/cdc-data-shows...hs-per-capita/
    Oklahoma a leading state along with Mississippi in Covid deaths.

Imagine that!
    COVID-19 concentrations in the waste stream are back in the "low" category.

13. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Quote Originally Posted by Canoe View Post
    COVID-19 concentrations in the waste stream are back in the "low" category.
    Fits with what I'm seeing at work. We had a "spike" around Thanksgiving and none since.

14. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Seems like RSV is the high one right now. Lots of kids out sick. Be safe!

15. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Seems like RSV is the high one right now. Lots of kids out sick. Be safe!
    Covid, RSV, and Rhinoviruses are what my wife is seeing nightly at the hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by Shortsyeararound View Post
    Covid, RSV, and Rhinoviruses are what my wife is seeing nightly at the hospital.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/oth...ba635443&ei=26

CDC data shows just over the last couple of weeks, COVID-19 hospitalization rates have increased by 22% in Oklahoma. Plus, hospitals in the state are reporting an uptick in patients coming in with RSV and the flu.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/oth...ba635443&ei=26

CDC data shows just over the last couple of weeks, COVID-19 hospitalization rates have increased by 22% in Oklahoma. Plus, hospitals in the state are reporting an uptick in patients coming in with RSV and the flu.
    Wastewater surveillance is showing this as well. Almost all regions are showing sharp upswings in the amount of detected virus particles and the statewide average has jumped to 676K. https://www.arcgis.com/apps/dashboar...2b1853c76ec589

Make sure you've gotten your updated booster and mask up around others to help limit the spread, y'all.

18. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

We meet a group of regulars at the bar area of a nearby Chilis every Friday night. About 20 people. Last Friday the group was 8 people. Everyone else had one or both of each single/couple having tested positive for COVID. We all stay in touch and now everyone is fine. Symptoms were mild cold to pretty bad cold for 3 to 6 days. This makes maybe 20 people I personally know who've had it in the past month. But not serious symptoms. Hope this is true for most everyone.

Just an odd, meaningless observation. Through '20 and '21 during the huge peaks I hardly ever knew anyone personally having COVID. Except my wife and I. And our SIL and nieces. This past two months I've known more people having it than the past 3 years combined.

19. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

We meet a group of regulars at the bar area of a nearby Chilis every Friday night. About 20 people. Last Friday the group was 8 people. Everyone else had one or both of each single/couple having tested positive for COVID. We all stay in touch and now everyone is fine. Symptoms were mild cold to pretty bad cold for 3 to 6 days. This makes maybe 20 people I personally know who've had it in the past month. But not serious symptoms. Hope this is true for most everyone.

Just an odd, meaningless observation. Through '20 and '21 during the huge peaks I hardly ever knew anyone personally having COVID. Except my wife and I. And our SIL and nieces. This past two months I've known more people having it than the past 3 years combined.
    I went to a Christmas party at a friend's house Friday evening, maybe a 12-15 people. As of tonight/Wednesday, 4 have tested positive. I tested myself tonight, since I didn't feel so great myself today, and so far, negative. Hopefully I don't get it again.

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    Wastewater surveillance is showing this as well. Almost all regions are showing sharp upswings in the amount of detected virus particles and the statewide average has jumped to 676K. https://www.arcgis.com/apps/dashboar...2b1853c76ec589

Make sure you've gotten your updated booster and mask up around others to help limit the spread, y'all.
    I still don't see many people masked up. I don't expect to see more masked people until the hospitals start filling up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    I still don't see many people masked up. I don't expect to see more masked people until the hospitals start filling up again.
    you won't ever see "many people" masked up in this country again

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    you won't ever see "many people" masked up in this country again
    I imagine if things get really bad again that most sensible people will mask up.

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    I imagine if things get really bad again that most sensible people will mask up.
    *Edit - On second thought, never mind..

I've had several friends test positive recently.

Regarding the severity or lack thereof of symptoms, there is still continuing concern that repeatedly getting even mild or asymptomatic Covid infections could be creating negative long-term conditions in the body. This is an area of study.

It's still better to avoid if possible.

My last infection was a little over a year ago. I did get the enhanced booster in October along with the seasonal flu shot fwiw.

25. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Well. Our only family is my wife's brother and SIL and their two daughters. Thanksgiving got cancelled because the SIL had COVID. We're not going for Christmas because I just tested positive. I have very, very minor symptoms but tested because our SIL's mother will be there. We didn't cancel any holiday get togethers in '21 or '22! What a virus.

Thread Information