Widgets Magazine
Page 42 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1874

Thread: Costco

Default Re: Costco

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Our laws don't allow them to sell spirits at all, just beer and wine.

There will be an adjoining but separately operated liquor store but I'm pretty sure they will not sell Costco (Kirkland) products.
    I believe that's the way it currently is in Texas. Aren't all the liquor stores in the Costcos down there owned by local liquor stores?

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    I believe that's the way it currently is in Texas. Aren't all the liquor stores in the Costcos down there owned by local liquor stores?
    It's definitely that way in Tulsa and I'm sure it will work the exact same way in OKC.

The Costco web site lists Oklahoma City as opening in May!

Alright Alright !!

6. Default Re: Costco

Why is Oklahoma City, the only one NOT in all caps? I'M OFFENDED!

Well to be fair, the other three appear to be foreign countries. Australia, Korea, and New Jersey.

Blog Entries

^Should we be more offended to be behind Korea or NJ in terms of order?

Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post
    Well to be fair, the other three appear to be foreign countries. Australia, Korea, and New Jersey.
    I was going to argue New Jersey isn't a foreign country, but I'll allow it.

I drive by the Tulsa store weekly, I'm thinking of getting my membership renewed up there to avoid the rush when the store or other place opens selling memberships. I'm thinking it will be crowded. Just want to be able to walk into the store when it opens and avoid a long line at the membership desk.

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    I drive by the Tulsa store weekly, I'm thinking of getting my membership renewed up there to avoid the rush when the store or other place opens selling memberships. I'm thinking it will be crowded. Just want to be able to walk into the store when it opens and avoid a long line at the membership desk.
    You can also do all of this online.

https://www.costco.com/join-costco-quick.html

Blog Entries

^I saw that - do you still have to go in a store and pick up a physical card at some point? Maybe its a phone app or something.

I guess I can just renew mine on line since I do have a card, I just let it expire since I was only going to Dallas or KC once a year.

Forget Walmart and Target, Costco is Amazon’s newest—and biggest—rival, as the wholesale retailer just dethroned the e-commerce giant in customer satisfaction, according to a new report.

The American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) Retail and Consumer Shipping Report found that in the eyes of customers, Costco is the new leader of the internet retail kingdom, scoring an 83 percent on the ACSI scale, while Amazon retreats 4 percent to 82 percent.

Amazon had held the top spot since 2010.

Each year, ACSI surveys customer satisfaction across all six retail categories including department and discount stores, health and personal care stores, specialty retail stores, supermarkets, internet retail, and gas stations—as well as consumer shipping.

Walmart and Sears, however, anchored the bottom of the category at 74 and 73 percent, respectively.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/retail/c...ng-report-says

They were pouring asphalt on Friday

I'm getting a membership online and hope they mail me a card. I can't tell you how many times the Sam's at Penn/Memorial have ticked me off with poor customer service. I asked a manager where an item was located one time and she just walked off. I thought surely she is guiding me to the correct isle so I followed her. She walked to the front of the store, into the office and closed the door. I really don't like that store. I-35 store is much better but I'm ready for some competition.

No such luck

"Stop by the membership counter at any Costco location to pick up your new card(s). Please bring a copy of your order confirmation email and photo identification. You may shop at Costco.com immediately."

I was in the Tulsa Costco Saturday. What a breath of fresh air compared to Sam’s.

It was busy, lots of people in the store. They had almost every cashier lane open and staffed with 2 employees. Items were quickly scanned and put back in the cart. No matter how long the line was, Costco moved it quickly. That’s such a nice pleasant difference as compared to wallymart and Sam’s.

Gas? I noticed while driving around Tulsa ( I went to other places around town) that pretty much every station was at $2.25 for E10. Costco was selling E-10 for $2.07, and it’s Top Tier Gas. Good fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by mkjeeves View Post
    Is even the base level to shop in the store a membership fee?

I was looking at buying some drugs from Costco online but the price was members only to see the price. Signing up for membership was when I realized they wanted a membership fee. I ended up ordering the drugs from Amazon. (Yep, Prime.) I do realize some places have a paid membership, shopped at Sams years ago until I decided to support Walmart as little as possible and dropped it. I'm only in that part of town about once a month if I didn't make a special trip. Probably will end up not shopping there if it's fee.

Edit to add...This is the members only item I was looking for. I've never shopped at their online site but do see some priced items. Is membership required to order online or only on some items online?

https://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Sign...100295245.html
    Hi. I was at the Tulsa Costco Saturday. 5 bottles for $16.99. What was your Amazon purchase price?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6FF2D591-4D04-4907-B869-37E471B297D2.jpeg 
Views:	92 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	15182Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1331E0CF-3EC1-4335-B66F-950912D0BA6B.jpeg 
Views:	85 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	15183

Sign up at store says NOW HIRING. and it pays $15 and hour and up. They are moving on quickly.

So with the opening less than two months away, has the city even started upgrading the main western entrance to a 4-way signal? That would require a new pole and longer southbound pole span to handle a dedicated turning light. They should be able to have a dedicated lane into Costco by re striping by the looks of things.

24. Default Re: Costco

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    I was in the Tulsa Costco Saturday. What a breath of fresh air compared to Sam’s.

It was busy, lots of people in the store. They had almost every cashier lane open and staffed with 2 employees. Items were quickly scanned and put back in the cart. No matter how long the line was, Costco moved it quickly. That’s such a nice pleasant difference as compared to wallymart and Sam’s.

Gas? I noticed while driving around Tulsa ( I went to other places around town) that pretty much every station was at $2.25 for E10. Costco was selling E-10 for $2.07, and it’s Top Tier Gas. Good fuel.
    Don't know if Costco has it, but there is no need to get in line at Sam's. Just use the Scan & Go app. That's all we use. Scan it as we put it in the cart, click pay and head to the door. No line required.

25. Default Re: Costco

See if you can find an interview with the CEO of COSTCO. There are a great many things they know they could do but they choose not to for the benefit of customers. One example is the hot dog/pizza and soft drink special. He said he knows he could sell it for more but they like being able to provide a "good" meal to people for such an inexpensive price. I bet having humans doing things like checkout instead of self check is another of those things. They may do it some places but I wish my COSTCO had a 5 items or less checkout line.

Thread Information