Widgets Magazine
Page 41 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 2138

Thread: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by Sonicthunder View Post
    It’s cool and all but i think at most it will be 70 stories..more likely the 40-60 range
    Forty to 60 story residential would be amazing.

The whole development is promising.

Yea even if the 4th tower isn’t built at all it’s a game changer for OKC

I don’t think it’s coincidence that these renderings were released right after the arena vote makes me think what we don’t know about that also got a green light as a result

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    I think this is being designed for PPanda!
    Lol. Definitely an early Christmas for me this year

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    I think this is being designed for PPanda!
    only if it has a 6 lane highway to the top instead of an elevator LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by ABCOKC View Post
    How about no phallic imagery in the schools or in the skyline?
    if you're looking for it...anything can seem phallic. The state of Oklahoma looks like a small dong with a gigantic sack.

7. Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

I dont think the 4th tower has a chance, but purpose built residential towers of any kind....not just suburban style complexes, is a new thing for OKC. It's not a re-hab to upscale, it's not a 3 level complex or whatever, it's not townhouses. It's a true residential purpose built structure. If that actually happens on it's own and nothing else, it's a good win for downtown living. Anything of any size at all that comes from a 4th tower would be icing on the cake.

8. Default Re: Residential Tower of 134 Stories Proposed for Downtown

Might want to merge the threads....

Quote Originally Posted by Bali_Sooner View Post
    if you're looking for it...anything can seem phallic. The state of Oklahoma looks like a small dong with a gigantic sack.
    If there is nothing to compare to, than what's the point? I always thought this about Burj Khalifa with it being in the middle of the desert. Looks like just your everyday tower since there is no frame of reference.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    I dont think the 4th tower has a chance, but purpose built residential towers of any kind....not just suburban style complexes, is a new thing for OKC. It's not a re-hab to upscale, it's not a 3 level complex or whatever, it's not townhouses. It's a true residential purpose built structure. If that actually happens on it's own and nothing else, it's a good win for downtown living. Anything of any size at all that comes from a 4th tower would be icing on the cake.
    A mix of mostly residence towers (doesn't have to luxury) and some offices circling scissortail park would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonicthunder View Post
    Yea even if the 4th tower isn’t built at all it’s a game changer for OKC
    this is being missed by so many

I think this tower is the dumbest thing I've ever heard proposed for OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by irishtate View Post
    I think this tower is the dumbest thing I've ever heard proposed for OKC.
    Well, it's got everyone talking, even the news stations carried it. This might be the accomplishment they wanted.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...ions_p003_f001 Downtown becoming more residential - Cleveland

OKC would be perfect for this...huge beautiful park, sports and entertainment, lots of empty land, improving public transportation

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    this is being missed by so many
    Which is exactly what anyone would have predicted would happen with such an outlandish and unserious proposal handed to local news sources, and hence why it annoyed so many of us. It is a complete distraction from what is otherwise a killer project for Bricktown and all of downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Well, it's got everyone talking, even the news stations carried it. This might be the accomplishment they wanted.
    100% that is what they wanted ..

17. Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Skyscraper Page has it up now https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=257177

Oklahoman and new sources still pumping out articles as of a few minutes ago as well. https://x.com/TheOklahoman_/status/1...361534452?s=20
    https://twitter.com/TheOklahoman_/st...722007067?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by LocoAko View Post
    Which is exactly what anyone would have predicted would happen with such an outlandish and unserious proposal handed to local news sources, and hence why it annoyed so many of us. It is a complete distraction from what is otherwise a killer project for Bricktown and all of downtown.
    it’s a project that few, outside of okctalk, would’ve noticed or cared about until it was completed. No way it would’ve generated the buzz this did. If that was their goal, job well done. I’m not sure why so many people are annoyed about it LOL. Just laugh, be glad that people even thought to propose something like this here, realize it’s the unlikely part of an otherwise killer development and move on lol. Even if we got a 1/4 or 1/3 of the height they proposed in a scaled down version, it would be a big deal. No need to be so serious.

KFOR shared full detailed plans in their arcticle: https://kfor.com/news/local/develope...o-okc-skyline/

Note: They have the smaller towers topping out at 345FT, that is with the podium.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    KFOR shared full detailed plans in their arcticle: https://kfor.com/news/local/develope...o-okc-skyline/

Note: They have the smaller towers topping out at 345FT, that is with the podium.
    And they specifically have Yardhouse, Bourbon Street Steak and Supper Club, Chronic Taco, and Puttshack on the plans (page 36), not just the renderings.

It’s funny how we’ve been anxiously awaiting the full plans and renderings for this development for 2 years and then suddenly a mammoth skyscraper steals the show to the point of little discussion on the other phase 1 towers. I recall original sketch plans of more aesthetically pleasing, sharper towers with trees and balconies throughout. The podium looks great but no shots at all of the lagoon. These renderings come as a disappointment to me. Now as far as THE TOWER is concerned, why would a developer even include it rendered if the first thing we’ll say is “no tower = failed development”. Clearly there is smoke of something massive, hopefully we get a full blaze fire. Maybe not 134 stories but even if it gets cut 1/3 then it’s a skyline changing tower. Lastly, we just got plans of a SUPERTALL in Bricktown while the city couldn’t release any plan regarding the new arena. I don’t care about political logistics, we should of been had an idea of what the arena COULD look like

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SagerMichael View Post
    It’s funny how we’ve been anxiously awaiting the full plans and renderings for this development for 2 years and then suddenly a mammoth skyscraper steals the show to the point of little discussion on the other phase 1 towers. I recall original sketch plans of more aesthetically pleasing, sharper towers with trees and balconies throughout. The podium looks great but no shots at all of the lagoon. These renderings come as a disappointment to me. Now as far as THE TOWER is concerned, why would a developer even include it rendered if the first thing we’ll say is “no tower = failed development”. Clearly there is smoke of something massive, hopefully we get a full blaze fire. Maybe not 134 stories but even if it gets cut 1/3 then it’s a skyline changing tower. Lastly, we just got plans of a SUPERTALL in Bricktown while the city couldn’t release any plan regarding the new arena. I don’t care about political logistics, we should of been had an idea of what the arena COULD look like
    The city was not allowed to spend money on plans and designs prior to the vote. Everyone wants to conflate the city's status in all this with that of a private developer. Why can't people understand that cities (and all government entities) are not companies.

Quote Originally Posted by SagerMichael View Post
    And premature renderings released would have been merely conceptual and misleading ultimately. There's nothing nefarious at work in this regard. A private developer can put out whatever they want. Different circumstances for a publicly financed development.

Just waiting now for the $1B+ TIF application to go with this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    Just waiting now for the $1B+ TIF application to go with this thing.
    I think the TIF has already been decided?

Thread Information