Widgets Magazine
Page 41 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1874

Thread: Costco

Default Re: Costco

I don't have a great reason to have both memberships, so until Costco gets a Scan 'N Go app like Sam's, I'll stick with Sam's. Of course, I'll probably change my mind and get a Costco card for at least a year to see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by mkjeeves View Post
    Is even the base level to shop in the store a membership fee?

I was looking at buying some drugs from Costco online but the price was members only to see the price. Signing up for membership was when I realized they wanted a membership fee. I ended up ordering the drugs from Amazon. (Yep, Prime.) I do realize some places have a paid membership, shopped at Sams years ago until I decided to support Walmart as little as possible and dropped it. I'm only in that part of town about once a month if I didn't make a special trip. Probably will end up not shopping there if it's fee.

Edit to add...This is the members only item I was looking for. I've never shopped at their online site but do see some priced items. Is membership required to order online or only on some items online?

https://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Sign...100295245.html
    Funny you should mention this particular item. I just received my monthly sale ad from Costco and it's $6.00 off now. I don't know the exact price but it'll be a heckuva deal.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1747.JPG 
Views:	116 
Size:	116.6 KB 
ID:	15140

Funny coincidence. It's $27.64 plus tax delivered on Amazon. I don't know what is normal for this product. I have used it several years via a pharmacy and prescription where my insurance covered the full amount. I'm on new insurance now. I was with my wife when she went to see her ENT and he said you could buy over the counter now, and at Sam's in a 5 or 6 pack cheap. When I did an internet search Costco came up. I may still get covered by insurance, but the new plan is 10% copay on generic, and I'm betting the pharmacy is going to say it cost $50 a bottle so I end up paying about the same as if I order it online.

I have found that healthwarehouse.com is the least expensive place inside the US to buy prescription drugs my insurance did not cover. They sell it too, but prescription required.

Job openings are finally posted for OKC, and looking at the two other Costcos opening in Florida and New Jersey, OKC is definitely opening in April. Just two more freaking months and no more Sam's for me

Does anyone know anything about the alcohol selection they will have at the OKC store? I am assuming it won't have a liquor store attached, like Tulsa, or am I wrong? Also, do you have to have a membership to buy wine/beer from inside the store if that is all they have? I have read online it depends on the state, and some states force Costco to sell it to everyone, regardless of membership. I wonder if Tulsa is carrying their Kirkland's brand of liquor since Oct 1 2018. I haven't been up there in over a year.

There will be an attached liquor store at the OKC Costco. Separate entrance but attached to the main building.

I don't think these independent liquor stores carry Kirkland or other Costco products.

From what I understand, the North-side Sam's has demonstrably stepped up its game in an effort to preserve some of its OKC market share. I think I'll stick with that.

I just don't do long lines unless I have a proxy to stand in for me. That's why I don't eat at Hopdoddy.

Funny thing, I'm trying to do a club pickup order for Sam's, to pick up this Saturday. I've done this many times before, and always had the option to pay at the store when I pick it up. Usually what I do is browse around, get a couple other items in my cart, then pay for those and the pickup order at the same time. This is for the one on N May, maybe other stores are different.

Now, trying to place the order, pay at the store is no longer an option. Credit/debit/gift card right now or GTFO.

This Costco is horribly out of the way for me, but hurry up and open.

9. Default Re: Costco

Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post
    Funny thing, I'm trying to do a club pickup order for Sam's, to pick up this Saturday. I've done this many times before, and always had the option to pay at the store when I pick it up. Usually what I do is browse around, get a couple other items in my cart, then pay for those and the pickup order at the same time. This is for the one on N May, maybe other stores are different.

Now, trying to place the order, pay at the store is no longer an option. Credit/debit/gift card right now or GTFO.

This Costco is horribly out of the way for me, but hurry up and open.
    And the Edmond Sam's has been inconsistent with stocking product...very unpredictable and annoying. I'm ready for Costco, too.

Well, received a reply from Sam's.

"Morning, I am very sorry but sams club has done a change on club pick up paying.
    SamsClub.com is continuing on our path to modernize and be more efficient to the benefit of all our Members. Club Pickup will start to require online payment to complete an order for pickup in the club."

So on the one hand, they are removing member services. On the other hand, club pickup isn't an option at Costco, you can't even browse warehouse stock on the website, just what they ship. I think this is a gamble. I've no idea what percentage of people use(d) club pickup, and Sam's still has the scan and go app. That said, is the percentage high enough to lose the business and not notice? Club pickup was VERY convenient for me, and like I said I almost always pick up a few other things while I'm there. But if this will no longer be a convenient option, the only thing preventing me from jumping ship to Costco is the distance. I mean, if you want to encourage shopping within the store itself, the shopping experience at Costco is insanely better.

11. Default Re: Costco

Costco should REALLY consider a Scan & Go-type of app. I love being able to bypass the lines. It was especially great during this past holiday season. The checkout lines were chaos and packed, and I just cruised on by to the exit. The only thing is that you can't buy any alcohol this way (understandably).

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonk View Post
    Costco should REALLY consider a Scan & Go-type of app. I love being able to bypass the lines. It was especially great during this past holiday season. The checkout lines were chaos and packed, and I just cruised on by to the exit. The only thing is that you can't buy any alcohol this way (understandably).
    They don't even have self-checkout or nearly the extensive early shopping hours like Sams.

Especially with only one location in OKC for the foreseeable future, you can expect long lines.

And even in California with dozens of locations, I used to have to psyche myself up to go because it was generally a big hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They don't even have self-checkout or nearly the extensive early shopping hours like Sams.

Especially with only one location in OKC for the foreseeable future, you can expect long lines.

And even in California with dozens of locations, I used to have to psyche myself up to go because it was generally a big hassle.
    Not having ever been inside a Costco, can you give us your opinion of the advantage it might have over Sam's?

Quote Originally Posted by turnpup View Post
    Not having ever been inside a Costco, can you give us your opinion of the advantage it might have over Sam's?
    I always say Costco is like Target and Sam's is like Walmart.

They *seem* to be the same but there are a ton of details that makes Costco superior, apart from the checkout issues.

Their Kirkland brand of many items is always high quality and great value. Members Mark at Sam's is completely hit and miss.

I also think Costco does a better job of selecting which items are sold in their stores. They seem to have higher standards in general.

But I really notice the difference in the employees. Costco pays their people very well, trains them and seems to sellect those with a customer service orientation. I go to the Sam's at 39th & May a bunch and I get the opposite impression from that staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I always say Costco is like Target and Sam's is like Walmart.

They *seem* to be the same but there are a ton of details that makes Costco superior, apart from the checkout issues.

Their Kirkland brand of many items is always high quality and great value. Members Mark at Sam's is completely hit and miss.

I also think Costco does a better job of selecting which items are sold in their stores. They seem to have higher standards in general.

But I really notice the difference in the employees. Costco pays their people very well, trains them and seems to sellect those with a customer service orientation. I go to the Sam's at 39th & May a bunch and I get the opposite impression from that staff.
    Thanks!

I'm assuming that lower corner in the 3rd picture is where the liquor store will be? That is the location of the store in Tulsa at least from what I can recall.

I kind of wish the ugly side back side wasn't facing western.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    I kind of wish the ugly side back side wasn't facing western.
    There is no ugly side of a Costco

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    There is no ugly side of a Costco
    i was more going to ask which side was not ugly

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    i was more going to ask which side was not ugly
    yes, i was going to say this.

and lines. there are going to be long lines down western, in the parking lot, and at the cash registers.

In Texas, Costco is prohibited from selling its own brand of spirits. Will that be the case here?

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo1 View Post
    In Texas, Costco is prohibited from selling its own brand of spirits. Will that be the case here?
    Our laws don't allow them to sell spirits at all, just beer and wine.

There will be an adjoining but separately operated liquor store but I'm pretty sure they will not sell Costco (Kirkland) products.

Unfortunate. Kirkland markets some very good spirits; particularly its botanical gin.

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo1 View Post
    Unfortunate. Kirkland markets some very good spirits; particularly its botanical gin.
    And vodka and tequila.

I used to host big parties and I'd buy almost all my liquor there.

Thread Information