Widgets Magazine
Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344 LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1092

Thread: Covid-19 News and Information

Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Your rights end when it adversely affects others. This is well established in America. Your desire to spread disease to me isn’t a right. I have a right to be protected from you and my right to live trumps your right to believe political spin regarding scientific facts.
    I hope the new booster will keep people who boost from spreading the new variants of the virus.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Canoe View Post
    I hope the new booster will keep people who boost from spreading the new variants of the virus.
    Sure would be nice if anti-vaxxers would vaccinate to help as well.

That would be applicable if the intent of the vaccine/boosters were to prevent spread. Since that isn’t the purpose, the purpose instead being to mitigate morbidity and mortality, it’s a red herring at best to point out that it can still be spread or fault those trying to decrease the severity of it.

To Rover’s point, since vaccines and masks aren’t 100% and there are those whose protections are limited for health reasons, those resisting precautions for whatever justification are largely responsible for prolonging the severity that endangers others, not the person unable to control a virus but still doing their part to limit it.

Quote Originally Posted by HangryHippo View Post
    Sure would be nice if anti-vaxxers would vaccinate to help as well.
    Hum I'm far from an anti-vaxxer but haven't had a covid vaccine since my 3rd on back in early oct 2021 so going on 2 years now. Does that make me vaccinated still or not. I got covid this year in March. Does anyone know if I'm still protected? Am I still protected for the vax or from getting covid? Does anyone know anything? Oh and no I'm got getting another vax.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Hum I'm far from an anti-vaxxer but haven't had a covid vaccine since my 3rd on back in early oct 2021 so going on 2 years now. Does that make me vaccinated still or not. I got covid this year in March. Does anyone know if I'm still protected? Am I still protected for the vax or from getting covid? Does anyone know anything? Oh and no I'm got getting another vax.
    So, if I understand correctly, there are two metrics to track here: overall protection against infection and protection against severe disease, hospitalization, and death if you are infected. It would appear that your original vaccine series effectively provided no protection against infection by the time you got Covid earlier this year, though it likely still provided protection from severe illness. Like many other vaccines, immunity wanes over time; current research is showing that protection against infection likely only lasts for around 9 to 12 months. This article from Time goes into more detail, and links to the study that the article is based upon. Assuming that research is accurate, we will likely need to settle into a schedule of yearly vaccinations (similar to the flu vaccine) in order to ensure adequate protection against infection long-term.

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    So, if I understand correctly, there are two metrics to track here: overall protection against infection and protection against severe disease, hospitalization, and death if you are infected. It would appear that your original vaccine series effectively provided no protection against infection by the time you got Covid earlier this year, though it likely still provided protection from severe illness. Like many other vaccines, immunity wanes over time; current research is showing that protection against infection likely only lasts for around 9 to 12 months. This article from Time goes into more detail, and links to the study that the article is based upon. Assuming that research is accurate, we will likely need to settle into a schedule of yearly vaccinations (similar to the flu vaccine) in order to ensure adequate protection against infection long-term.
    Agree it will be a yearly vax that being said would be better calling it else something other than covid at this point Maybe calling it the new flu, C flu, C virus? Covid triggers a lot of people but if you yearly told people you need to get your flu shot and you c virus shot would that be better?

Seems like clown show stuff. We’re told we need to develop a vaccine that works, but now we’re recommending taking a booster this month?

HangryHippo Guest

Agree it will be a yearly vax that being said would be better calling it else something other than covid at this point Maybe calling it the new flu, C flu, C virus? Covid triggers a lot of people but if you yearly told people you need to get your flu shot and you c virus shot would that be better?
    Except for, you know, the flu being influenza viruses and COVID not.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean21 View Post
    Seems like clown show stuff. We’re told we need to develop a vaccine that works, but now we’re recommending taking a booster this month?
    What on Earth are you saying?

Most vaccines in general require a booster. They still provide decent baseline protection, but boosting works to further lower the chances of severe illness or death. Not clown show stuff, but more like basic epdiemiology.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliSciGuy View Post
    Most vaccines in general require a booster. They still provide decent baseline protection, but boosting works to further lower the chances of severe illness or death. Not clown show stuff, but more like basic epdiemiology.
    like do people not remember that they need a tetanus shot every 10 years? this really isn't something new. where did common sense and actually seeing what is going on around you, go? it just befuddles me.

Do you also consider the yearly flu vaccine to be "clown show stuff"?

Quote Originally Posted by PoliSciGuy View Post
    One beautiful aspect of our society is the application scientific method and the ability to publish the results for public consumption. I am sure PoliSciGuy being a intelligent person has reviewed the scientific papers and he has come to his own conclusion regarding boosting. I am sure he has evaluated his personal risks and the risks of his of his dependents and he has concluded that boosting every year is the best path forward for the long-term health of his family. I support his decision and his right to make the decision.

P.S.- If Polisci (Given that Political Science isn't a real science) lacks the ability to read and interrupt the relevant scientific papers, then I would expect him to find a trusted authority to dictate the proper course for him and his family.

Blog Entries

The only reason to change the name would be to give the political spinners an out for making up all the anti covid spin. Being anti Flu isn't as right wing woke as being anti Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    Do you also consider the yearly flu vaccine to be "clown show stuff"?
    I signed off this morning on a proposal we have to present to the Congress a request for additional funding for a new vaccine that is necessary, that works," Biden, who is vacationing in the Lake Tahoe area, told reporters on Friday.

We need one that works according to President Biden

16. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

I signed off this morning on a proposal we have to present to the Congress a request for additional funding for a new vaccine that is necessary, that works," Biden, who is vacationing in the Lake Tahoe area, told reporters on Friday.

We need one that works according to President Biden
    He is referring to the current boosters that are targeted for older variants. The new booster will target the new dominant variant and will be ready at the end of Sept/ early Oct.

Quote Originally Posted by Shortsyeararound View Post
    I was a mask wearer from the start of the pandemic up until I got Covid in June of 22. I am quad vaxxed because I have heart issues. I worked with the public and dealt with the "infringement on my rights" political people more than I care to imagine- nothing ever gets solved and no one ever changes their mind. I was once an avid politics follower but have since suffered from extreme burnout to the point that I don't care. As people have stated before me- when you don't care about doing the nice respectful thing then we have lost our way as humans. If I say I could die if I get covid and you say you don't care, then why should I even listen after that. I'm not religious but what about the "Golden Rule" and love and compassion, where are those things and how do they fit into this? You don't want to believe it was real or where a mask- fine that is your right, but treat people that do like garbage, then f you.
    Just be a better person.
    Masks don't work for sure when you don't have one on. So, were you always wearing a mask when people were around? I got covid twice, but didn't wear a mask beforehand. I think doctors and nurses are in the best position to judge if masks work, especially if they still wore them when around people after work

But I wonder if boosters really work or are they mainly effective for keeping high risk people with covid out of the hospital.

Would that not be one example "of the boosters working?"

20. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    Masks don't work for sure when you don't have one on. So, were you always wearing a mask when people were around? I got covid twice, but didn't wear a mask beforehand. I think doctors and nurses are in the best position to judge if masks work, especially if they still wore them when around people after work
    I always wore it when I was out of the house or when people came over until we went to Florida in June of 22. We went to Universal and I would pull mine down because it was so hot. My wife, one daughter, and I got it. The other two kids did not but also kept their masks up the whole time. My wife works in healthcare, specifically with Covid patients, and only got it the one time. After I got it and survived I decided to relax a bit with it. It hit my wife and daughter more severe then me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why does it matter to anyone if someone else masks, vaccinates or whatever. Do we not have enough else to worry about? Live your life and leave everyone alone to live theirs.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e3AMsl...5uIGRyIGZhdWNp

Here is fauci setting the stage for what is probably going to be the general policy given the recent study on mask use during the pandemic.

Jill Biden now has covid.

Quote Originally Posted by catcherinthewry View Post
    These are the same people who will say "individual choice" on mask and vaccine mandates, but then tell a woman what to do with her body.
    And what books people can read in a library. INDIVIDUAL CHOICE!

One beautiful aspect of our society is the application scientific method and the ability to publish the results for public consumption.
    heck the original covid shot trials are getting closer to being over ... so we should have the data soon ..

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    heck the original covid shot trials are getting closer to being over ... so we should have the data soon ..
    Then again, the scientific method was used to develop vaccines that virtually eradicated wide spread highly contagious deadly diseases that had been around for centuries and after 60 years of safe and effective use, people still refuse to take it because of something they saw on daytime TV, youtube, cable, or shared to their little social media group and upvoted by some politician they voted for,

Basically, the scientific method can be used to eradicate disease, but not charlatans and their victims.

Thread Information