Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: June 2024 - General Weather Discussion

Default Re: June 2024 - General Weather Discussion

The clouds and wind have made it feel better than it otherwise would. Cooler temps with a NW flow due to the tropical system down south Wed-Fri.

Long range models hinting at a very rainy pattern coming up next week. Sure hope that holds up!

Some crazy rainfall totals in the Panhandle this morning. Guymon has picked up about a third of their average yearly rainfall within the last 24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Some crazy rainfall totals in the Panhandle this morning. Guymon has picked up about a third of their average yearly rainfall within the last 24 hours.
    That entire area and SW Kansas has still been in a severe drought so definitely welcome out there. Wish we could get some across the rest of the state but I’ll take the clouds. The weekend and early next week are going to be HOT

I'll take El Niño over La Niña every time. Droughts utterly depress me.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    In the panhandle it was a 1000 year rain. For Oklahoma City, Mike Morgan said a 1000 year rain would be 18 inches.

GFS rainfall forecast for the next 2 weeks. Very hot this weekend into next week with increasing chances of storms along a stalled front later next week and again the following week. The pattern favors northern OK into Kansas but could change depending on where the heat dome sets up over Texas.

Not much to talk about other than hot and humid weather. Next best chance for rain is Wednesday with an MCS favoring northern OK overnight. Better chances statewide Sunday 6/30

101 degrees Sunday was a record high for my weather station since 2012.

We're in the middle of the precip donut right now. If that heat dome doesn't move, we're in for a world of hurt this summer. Things are browning up already, and the pond behind our place is already starting to dry out. The heat yesterday was just horrible.

I would bet money on Oklahoma County being in D2 or worse drought conditions by the end of the year. This pattern has flash drought written all over it.

Complex of storms should form in Kansas and move into OK early Wednesday. Some decent totals possible depending on where the strongest storms are located

GFS is more bullish than EURO

EURO

Come on GFS!

With the 7:49 am Tuesday update, the SPC still has OKC and Tulsa areas in the Marginal Risk category for storms (wind) later today. The risk area ends on the SE side of each metro, basically paralleling 15ish miles to the south of I-44.

"Ahead of the front, most likely along a surface trough from southern KS across northern/western OK to the TX Panhandle, isolated to widely scattered thunderstorms are possible late this afternoon through early evening. Isolated severe gusts and hail will be possible. Hot surface temperatures, a deeply well-mixed boundary layer, and still enough low-level moisture will remain to support uninhibited buoyancy, with MLCAPE in the 1000-2000 J/kg range. Despite veering of winds with height, weak low/middle-level winds will dampen vertical shear, except for some strong upper/anvil-level flow aiding ventilation high aloft. Being strongly tied to daytime heating, this activity should weaken and diminish considerably after about 03Z."

Latest HRRR shows a line of storms moving through eastern OK around 9-11 am. Isolated storms possible across central OK

Good think that OK isn't in a drought...

Who pissed off mother nature to make her have the heat dome right over us?

I’m concerned this summer is setting up to be a record breaking summer for all of the wrong reasons.

Pretty good severe cluster sliding south into Stillwater. Will have to watch as sunset approaches if it can keep going to impact OKC.

Severe thunderstorm warning out for Stillwater area until 8:45 pm. It's moving south so it might make it to the east side of the metro.

This will make a run at the Metro:

BULLETIN - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED
    Severe Thunderstorm Warning
    National Weather Service Norman OK
    932 PM CDT Tue Jun 25 2024

The National Weather Service in Norman has issued a

* Severe Thunderstorm Warning for...
    Southeastern Kingfisher County in central Oklahoma...
    Northwestern Oklahoma County in central Oklahoma...
    Western Logan County in central Oklahoma...
    Northeastern Canadian County in central Oklahoma...

* Until 1000 PM CDT.

* At 931 PM CDT, a severe thunderstorm was located near Crescent,
    moving south at 35 mph.

THIS IS A DESTRUCTIVE STORM FOR CRESCENT, CIMARRON CITY, AND
    SEWARD.

HAZARD...80 mph wind gusts and baseball size hail.

Big hail coming into Edmond area.

WOW, KOCO had a wind gust to 85 mph. From video, it looked like a hurricane going through the station parking lot! Damon Lane called it as one of the worst non-tornadic storms he ever covered.

Fortunately, in Stillwater I had no severe weather, but at least the rainfall was decent. It rained 1.15".

About 50,000 power outages in OKC from the storm and probably still counting. Lane worried over the heat index on Wednesday being over 115 degrees. It will be hell on earth if your power is still out tomorrow afternoon. I can only count my blessings from this awful storm not affecting me much.

A lot of straight line wind damage across N metro. This was definitely a wild one.

Tonight reminds me a little bit of 08/26/2019, although not sure the wind damage will end up being quite as strong or widespread as it was during that event.

25. Default Re: June 2024 - General Weather Discussion

Oof! I hope those high winds miss Tinker!

Thread Information