Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Towing cars

1. Default Re: Towing cars

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    But, all's right with the world. My Thunder won again tonight!
    We only won tonight because the Nets are horrible. Our offensive efficiency was severely lacking. In the 4th quarter we had great defense, ran away with the game on defense by holding the Nets to like 10 points the whole quarter and letting them make mistakes. But we still didn't capitalize on any of the turnovers we forced and we rarely turned an offensive rebound into 2. Not good enough in my opinion. It will take a more Thunder-like effort to put away the Wiz on the road.

(Searching for a less contentious and less insulting topic for this thread..lol)

2. Default Re: Towing cars

The suddenness and the ferocity of the storm was something a lot of people heard about but simply didn't fathom so for a lot of people who were out, I understand. What I simply can't understand are people who abandoned their cars in the middle of traffic lanes. There was a car in the westbound lanes of NW 63rd that was cockeyed so it blocked both westbound lanes. The car was still there on the morning of the 26th! There were plenty of other examples of cars that were simply abandoned without any concern for where they were. Yes, the city had an obligation to move many of the cars.

Default Re: Towing cars

Quote Originally Posted by mikesimpsons82 View Post
    As the old saying goes, "The stupid shall be punished." I bet you were first in line.
    Be careful. You might drown in all the bile you spew on this board.

So far, in your illustrious posting career here, you've been good for verbal vomit and not much else.

4. Default Re: Towing cars

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Be careful. You might drown in all the bile you spew on this board.

So far, in your illustrious posting career here, you've been good for verbal vomit and not much else.
    So put him on "ignore" and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    For what it's worth as this thread goes back and forth on the subject of tickets...
    It was a parking ticket that led to the capture of the Son of Sam in NYC, 1977 - one of the most ruthless serial killers of the century.
    And w/o meaning to dwell on the boming, it was a speeding stop that led to the arrest of Timothy McVeigh.
    And perhaps a ticket from last week will lead to the arrest of "Son of Frosty"...

anyone who left their car and didn't have it out the next day deserved to have it towed

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    The suddenness and the ferocity of the storm was something a lot of people heard about but simply didn't fathom so for a lot of people who were out, I understand. What I simply can't understand are people who abandoned their cars in the middle of traffic lanes. There was a car in the westbound lanes of NW 63rd that was cockeyed so it blocked both westbound lanes. The car was still there on the morning of the 26th! There were plenty of other examples of cars that were simply abandoned without any concern for where they were. Yes, the city had an obligation to move many of the cars.
    Use your common sense. They were probably spinning their wheels trying to go forward or backward, so just gave up.

8. Default Re: Towing cars

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    Use your common sense. They were probably spinning their wheels trying to go forward or backward, so just gave up.
    Common sense IS the entire point. Being that it was a BMW, I have doubts they got mired that deeply on the 24th. Those cars are built for bad weather and are good in snow. Perhaps getting stuck for the day of the 24th, but not leaving it there until the 26th in the middle of one of the busiest streets in town forcing all westbound traffic into eastbound lanes. Since it was a BMW I doubt it wasn't because they couldn't afford the wrecker to pull them out.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    What vehicle was illegally left in the roadway? Not ours. What ample warning? We had none. It was towed before any news item was put out via television or newspaper. And again (and again and again) the road was impassable anyway, because it was not plowed and it had drifts two to three feet deep for the entire block. To get our car out, we would have had to shovel half a block of street. The city was in the wrong, IMO, but it's over. Fini.
    Ummm... I have a question. If your husbands car got stuck while driving, as you said in your first post, then that means it was stuck in the roadway. (unless he was driving off of the road way) so how is it not illegally left in the roadway? Did he move it to a legal parking area after getting it stuck in the roadway? (obviously not or he wouldn't have been stuck) Also, why was he driving down a dead end road in a snow sotrm?

SNOW STORM. (typo)

Quote Originally Posted by OKCGUY3 View Post
    Ummm... I have a question. If your husbands car got stuck while driving, as you said in your first post, then that means it was stuck in the roadway. (unless he was driving off of the road way) so how is it not illegally left in the roadway? Did he move it to a legal parking area after getting it stuck in the roadway? (obviously not or he wouldn't have been stuck) Also, why was he driving down a dead end road in a snow sotrm?
    A). We pushed it to the side of the road after it got stuck, and spent about an hour just getting it to the side of the road. We couldn't get it back to our house because the entire street was snowed in and about two feet deep in snow. It was dark and the street was poorly lit when my husband came home (about 9 p.m.) so he couldn't tell how deep the snow was when he turned onto it.

B). The cross street by my house (the one he was driving on towards our house) deadends a block from my house.

Thread Information