Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Mark Shannon wants to pistol whip the Mayor

Default Re: Mark Shannon wants to pistol whip the Mayor

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    Meh.. the guy is on all kinds of painkiller right now. It's perfectly okay to say crazy. It's not okay to do crazy. Shannon is an entertainer through and through, and he's just playing to his audience.
    All 42 of them.

I don't know what he is dying of, but if it's cancer, maybe he has brain metastases. Or an electrolyte imbalance that is interfering with his power of reason. Maybe he's not in full command of his faculties.

Quote Originally Posted by RedDirt717 View Post
    All 42 of them.
    I'm going to have to draw the line at making fun of someone's cancer.

For some reason, my moral compass is pointing south on that one.

I listend to parts of his show today, mainly to see if he would/could graciously accept defeat (I know, dumb on my part).
    One thing I did here is his thanking a new sponsor for supporting his show, and not bowing down to any pressure. The new sponsor is the Ada Electric Car Co., which I'm sure is a very good and honest business, however, they specialize in an small electric car that's street legal and has a top speed of 25 miles. The buyer of this electric car qualifys for reimbursement from the State and Federal Government's, meaning people that have the money to buy one, get all or most of their money back from the Government (tax dollars), something he's been screaming about the MAPS3 backers of doing, and using it as one of his reasons for voting no. I think they call that a hypocrite.

For those that haven't heard, he didn't jump.

Default Re: Markkk Shannon wants to pistol whip the Mayor

Quote Originally Posted by purplemonkeythief View Post
    KATT? really?

You'd think that the average KATT listener has the ability to hook up an MP3 player or XM/Sirius player and bypass all the corporate-hand-fed music you're limited to with KATT
    but..if you subscribe to xm/sirius arent you in turn giving money to a "corporation" and allowing them to hand-feed you music via satellite?. sounds like a complete circle to me.

Quote Originally Posted by decepticobra View Post
    but..if you subscribe to xm/sirius arent you in turn giving money to a "corporation" and allowing them to hand-feed you music via satellite?. sounds like a complete circle to me.

just ignore what i said

it's been made clear to me by many of you that i don't belong here and everything i post is BS and I'm just making things up in random threads to appear as if I'm trying to contribute to the forum.

message received

message received
    Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

You're bigger man than Mark, then, because he would probably go with it.

just ignore what i said

it's been made clear to me by many of you that i don't belong here and everything i post is BS and I'm just making things up in random threads to appear as if I'm trying to contribute to the forum.

message received
    See you in 7 1/2 years during the MAPS4 campaign

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    See you in 7 1/2 years during the MAPS4 campaign

He was also talking about the Mayors weight loos, said it was probably lap band surgery, talking about how bad his hair plugs looked, and said it looks like he's had more work done and he's starting to look like Nancy Pelosi. He is really taking his hatred to the extreme.

One last thing, he had a female caller asking him if he had heard that the City was flying the Mayor to New York at least once a week to go to some college so that he could finish his Master's degree. NO, I'M NOT MAKING THIS UP. Will it ever stop!!

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    I don't know what he is dying of, but if it's cancer, maybe he has brain metastases. Or an electrolyte imbalance that is interfering with his power of reason. Maybe he's not in full command of his faculties.
    He has said on air before that he has an advanced-stage leukemia.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    You're bigger man than Mark, then, because he would probably go with it.
    Maybe, maybe not.

Like I said, the guy's an entertainer. Take what he says with a grain of salt.

Really, he's got a fairly luxurious point of view right now. He's a member of the media (sort of) and he can burn any damn bridge he wants to without worrying about ever having another interview with that person again. If he's trying to get an interview with you, stay the hell away because this guy won't pull punches.

It's kind of sad that imminent death is the only thing that can get members of the media to worry about burning bridges by reporting what they see as the truth. (and to the members of the media who read this, I say that with love).

Maybe, maybe not.

Like I said, the guy's an entertainer. Take what he says with a grain of salt.

Really, he's got a fairly luxurious point of view right now. He's a member of the media (sort of) and he can burn any damn bridge he wants to without worrying about ever having another interview with that person again. If he's trying to get an interview with you, stay the hell away because this guy won't pull punches.

It's kind of sad that imminent death is the only thing that can get members of the media to worry about burning bridges by reporting what they see as the truth. (and to the members of the media who read this, I say that with love).
    Oh, trust me, he'd find a way to make it "just entertainment," and then if there were public outcry his ultra-sensitive listeners would go off on a rant about how everyone is just "too sensitive" these days and should just accept his cancer jokes as the harmless entertainment they represent.

Maybe... but he's on pain meds and has mere months of life left. That's a hell of an excuse in my book.

Maybe... but he's on pain meds and has mere months of life left. That's a hell of an excuse in my book.
    If I were on my death bed, I wouldn't constantly take a dump on other people, but that's just me. Perhaps he'll enjoy every last minute of his misanthropy until he expires.

If I were on my death bed, I wouldn't constantly take a dump on other people, but that's just me. Perhaps he'll enjoy every last minute of his misanthropy until he expires.
    I guess until you're there, you just don't know.

I'm just asking that you don't judge a dying man too harshly.

Our side won. I'm just hoping to do so gracefully.

I guess until you're there, you just don't know.

I'm just asking that you don't judge a dying man too harshly.

Our side won. I'm just hoping to do so gracefully.
    My feelings on Shannon have nothing to do with MAPS. They're mostly related to the fact that he's a dick.

All 42 of his listeners....

How is that making fun of his cancer?

Quote Originally Posted by RedDirt717 View Post
    All 42 of his listeners....

How is that making fun of his cancer?
    Must've missed your point.

I was one of his listeners today... so the other 41?

He always acted like this, just not as extreme on the radio. He is just pushing it to the edge now that he "has nothing to lose". Before he was always concerned about losing his job, now he doesn't care.

My feelings on Shannon have nothing to do with MAPS. They're mostly related to the fact that he's a dick.
    Pretty much sums up my opinion and that was formed over 20 years ago well before the circumstances that he is living with now. I just hope that he reconciles whatever it is that has caused him to be a jerk his entire adult life before he passes.

22. Default Re: Mark Shannon wants to pistol whip the Mayor

Shannon is an entertainer through and through, and he's just playing to his audience.
    The thing is, Shannon may not be serious about these threats, but he's just egging on listeners who might actually do it.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

I liked Mark Shannon when he was on 107.7 in the mornings. He was kind of a dick, and he'd go on rants, but I didn't see him as really any different than Rush Limbaugh or Dennis Miller, both of whom I'd listen to occasionally because I thought they were funny. I've heard him maybe once since then, but didn't know he'd degenerated to this. It's pretty sad, really. I guess I always thought his on-air persona was kind of an act. Guess not.

I met him years ago and the guy's a loser with a tremendous and un-deserved ego, plain and simple. Unfortunately there are some sheep that will follow any fool right off the edge of a cliff.

His pervasive spewing forth of self-serving, baseless, borderline hate-mongering nonsense serves only as fuel for his own delusions of grandeur. His "blogs" demonstrate no more than a disturbed, bitter, selfish, soulless, un-repenting and insincere individual.

I’m sorry you are the way you are Mark Shannon, but you hold no sway over me and mine. We choose the way we live, not you.

Quote Originally Posted by hoyasooner View Post
    I liked Mark Shannon when he was on 107.7 in the mornings. He was kind of a dick, and he'd go on rants, but I didn't see him as really any different than Rush Limbaugh or Dennis Miller, both of whom I'd listen to occasionally because I thought they were funny. I've heard him maybe once since then, but didn't know he'd degenerated to this. It's pretty sad, really. I guess I always thought his on-air persona was kind of an act. Guess not.
    It is an act. I am a bleeding heart left of center liberal and I know Mark "Shannon." He, at one time, many, many moons ago, was a man that I considered a friend and looked up to. I still consider him a friend. He is a good man, who created a radio persona to make a living. I am sad that he is sick. He and his wife have always been friendly and gracious to me.

I've always considered him to be a good guy, and my group of friends, whom he hung out with in the mid-1980s always enjoyed his company. He has always been fair to me. I've been a guest on his radio show(s) three times, and always appreciated his candor and honesty. I am disappointed in his latest schtick, but feel that he has (mostly) been true to himself. I understand what he is doing, and I want OKCtalk forum folks to lay off and let him do his thing. It's just for show. That's entertainment, folks, and you all are talking about it. LG

Thread Information