Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Smashburger

Default Re: Smashburger?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChris7 View Post
    The Outlet Mall and the Memorial locations are WAYYYY too small!! There is always a line out the door, and no where for anyone to sit.
    Line moves fast. It's a QSR.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    The last time I was at the Outlet mall location there was no line and plenty of seats were available.
    Maybe we've just gone at the wrong times.

3. Default Smashburger

A new Smashburger is opening up soon in Belle Isle

Default Re: Smashburger

Wink Re: Smashburger

Quote Originally Posted by TechArch View Post
    I heard they open Monday the 7th of January! Can't wait!!

5 guys has a good burger and I do prefer their fries BUT -- SMASH is better!! better burger, many more sides to choose from, awesome chicken sandwich when you want to switch it up or if someone doesn't like burgers and they have a nice black bean burger as well as BEER! Go Smash imo

Anyone know what happened to the Smashburger at Belle Isle? I just recently discovered it as a burger joint I really like, and then I found it closed last week (oddly, just like I found the Jamba Juices closed recently).

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Anyone know what happened to the Smashburger at Belle Isle? I just recently discovered it as a burger joint I really like, and then I found it closed last week (oddly, just like I found the Jamba Juices closed recently).
    We live pretty close to that location and since we visited for the first time a couple of years ago, we haven’t been back. And I remember the place being pretty dead when we there. And we also noticed that they’ve been sending a ton of mailer coupons over the past several months. So probably struggling for a while. We actually enjoy Smashburger, but there’s just too many places that are in our rotation, they haven’t made it back in yet.

9. Default Re: Smashburger

The one at the outlet mall closed too. Maybe they were franchised together and they dropped?

Quote Originally Posted by soonermike81 View Post
    We live pretty close to that location and since we visited for the first time a couple of years ago, we haven’t been back. And I remember the place being pretty dead when we there. And we also noticed that they’ve been sending a ton of mailer coupons over the past several months. So probably struggling for a while. We actually enjoy Smashburger, but there’s just too many places that are in our rotation, they haven’t made it back in yet.
    I had the same experience. It was a weekday lunch hour and they were dead. Pei wei and Firebirds by comparison are always packed. I think there are just too many burger places to choose from in that area.

Haven't really liked Smashburger. They aren't bad, just for some reason hasn't really stuck in my mind as someplace I want to frequent.

Are you bringing evil spirits into these restaurants?

We frequent the Smashburger in Moore, and my wife is nuts about their chicken sandwich. They're OK for me - not great, not bad. My observation is the location in Moore has never been "packed" in the times we've visited. Consistently busy, I suppose, but never packed. They're about as good as Freddy's in my book, but my family likes Smashburger better, so that's where we go.

I do tend to like 5 Guys burgers a bit better, but their fries are a cubed clotted mass of grease. No one in my family wanted them - and that's a rarity. It's been a looong time since we visited, so perhaps that's not a fair criticism....

The first time I ever went to a Smashburger I asked the server what was good and she said 'Ironically, the smash chicken.' So that's what I pretty much exclusively get. If you haven't tried it, give it a shot. My family hits up the memorial location about once a month (generally when we have a smash club coupon). Hoping they don't go out of business too.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Are you bringing evil spirits into these restaurants?
    Maybe?

I'll know if it's a problem if the Freebirds right there in Belle Isle closes.

15. Default Re: Smashburger

Maybe?

I'll know if it's a problem if the Freebirds right there in Belle Isle closes.
    Well stay the heck away from Texas de Brazil!

16. Default Re: Smashburger

Well that is too bad to hear, their BBQ bacon cheeseburger is probably one of my favorite burgers in town.

I used to love Smashburger, but when I went vegetarian I was sorely disappointed in their black bean burger and stopped going. Pretty flavorless with a pretty meh texture. I much prefer the Garage's veggie burgers (both the old and new iterations)... though I do love me some smash fries...

Technically off-topic, but Backyard Burger was so much better than all of these new chains, IMO. I frequented the one on Hefner and Rockwell religiously during it's brief run.

19. Default Re: Smashburger

Quote Originally Posted by TheirTheir View Post
    Technically off-topic, but Backyard Burger was so much better than all of these new chains, IMO. I frequented the one on Hefner and Rockwell religiously during it's brief run.
    I had forgotten about that place, but I was a big fan of Backyard Burger as well.

I'm not sure why the chain left the state. I can only assume it wasn't doing well. I loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    I'm not sure why the chain left the state. I can only assume it wasn't doing well. I loved it.
    They didn't leave the state. Just the Belle Isle and outlet locations.

22. Default Re: Smashburger

Quote Originally Posted by jompster View Post
    They didn't leave the state. Just the Belle Isle and outlet locations.
    Pretty sure the chain he was referring to was Back Yard Burger.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    Pretty sure the chain he was referring to was Back Yard Burger.
    I believe you're correct. Sorry about that!!

What is it going to take to get a Shake Shack here?

Noticed that the former Belle Isle Smashburger now has a new seafood tenant called The Catch.

Thread Information