Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Huge mixed used project proposed north of Quail Springs

Default Re: Huge mixed used project proposed north of Quail Springs

Not much work has been going on recently, besides some gravel roads going around the perimeter of the project, but there has been a lot of recent activity at his other development on Eastern @ the Kilpatrick.

actually okc bel air, I did see signs for the actual new development and mentioned nothing about the widening project. why would the developers of the upscale development advertise OKC widening 150th? Scroll up and look at my pics on the top of page 3, it even has the sign for the development

Quote Originally Posted by bdub02 View Post
    Quail Springs better change its marketing if its to survive. Mid-tier family oriented malls can't compete with the big box retail and lifestyle centers today. Malls today have to go upscale of they are to survive. Quail should evict the movie theater and bring in Nordstrom or Saks and give the mall a makeover.
    Evict the movie theater? That is suicide for Quail Springs. This may be a huge shot in the arm for Quail Springs and hope fully they will redesign and it will compliment the new development.

4. Default Re: Huge mixed used project proposed north of Quail Springs

If they want to evict someone to bring in Nordstrom or Saks, it would be Sears. Duh.

It's a sad day in America when a mall evicts Sears. God forbid we have a store that has reasonable prices on decent clothing.

6. Default Re: Huge mixed used project proposed north of Quail Springs

I just bought a suit there yesterday. I'm not dogging it. I'm just saying that it's the logical choice if they are going to let a lease expire in order to bring in a more upscale dept. store.

I think the project is interesting. Not only do you have the obvious turnpike driven customers but the extension of the Hefner Parkway is coming soon and will provide yet another major vein for retail life.

I was sitting in a development seminar about a year and a half ago listening to a speaker discussing right-of-way acquisition for Portland which will become more of the Hefner Parkway. The plan is to link it with Waterloo (I think that's the east/west street) and create a new loop around Edmond and onto I-35.

Should this project come to fruition, this area is only a mile or so from the expanded road area and could be white hot in the years to come.

/expanding the Hefner Parkway might also alleviate traffic from the North and East areas

8. Default Re: Huge mixed used project proposed north of Quail Springs

If the extention of the parkway north comes through I bet the Rose Creek folks will be pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post

I was sitting in a development seminar about a year and a half ago listening to a speaker discussing right-of-way acquisition for Portland which will become more of the Hefner Parkway. The plan is to link it with Waterloo (I think that's the east/west street) and create a new loop around Edmond and onto I-35.
    Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    If the extention of the parkway north comes through I bet the Rose Creek folks will be pissed.
    I believe this has already started. If you go up Portland, they are widening it and moving south. It starts at Waterloo. It might just be a four lane.

Yeah, the extention project is already happening, They widened 74 all the way to Guthrie, they started the north part first and are working south. It will happen and funding is already in place, it's not a proposed project. The project possibly linking it to I-35 is all conceptual now, but the other is reality worthy cook. Sorry Rose Creek.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Yeah, the extention project is already happening, They widened 74 all the way to Guthrie, they started the north part first and are working south. It will happen and funding is already in place, it's not a proposed project. The project possibly linking it to I-35 is all conceptual now, but the other is reality worthy cook. Sorry Rose Creek.
    Waterloo is as far north as they widened 74.

They're currently working to just north of Covell. Shouldn't be too much longer until they move towards Danforth.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Waterloo is as far north as they widened 74.

They're currently working to just north of Covell. Shouldn't be too much longer until they move towards Danforth.
    That makes sense. I was having trouble remembering any road widening project on Portland (I travel that road all the time) but I never go north of 178th on Portland.

Im not one of those urban snobs, but if people choose to build far away from city centers when there are no highways, why do the powers that be feel like they have to build them a highway at all?

I heard this project is still moving ahead as scheduled. The signs weren't taken down they were destroyed by those nasty storms we had earlier this Spring. I know they sent out bid packets for the water and sewer earlier this week.

Quote Originally Posted by solitude View Post
    It's a sad day in America when a mall evicts Sears. God forbid we have a store that has reasonable prices on decent clothing.
    Not everything can be for the benefit of the proletariat. We salariat have to shop somewhere for our clothing. We prefer to shop at nicer places than Ross and Dress Barn.

A mall is a free-market venture and can choose its own mix of retailers.

That said, I like Sears at Quail Springs, but I do see it as sort of not fitting the image of an upscale mall store. I think Sears is better suited to a strip mall these days than a mall.

16. Default Re: Huge mixed used project proposed north of Quail Springs

Well, the rest of us who were here before all the other housing developments would like life to return to the normal days when you could drive down Portland without it taking five minutes per mile because each stoplight or sign is backed up for at least a quarter mile.

Quote Originally Posted by shane453 View Post
    Well, the rest of us who were here before all the other housing developments would like life to return to the normal days when you could drive down Portland without it taking five minutes per mile because each stoplight or sign is backed up for at least a quarter mile.
    Keep the traffic flowing and get better gas mileage! Install roundabouts!

18. Default Re: Huge mixed used project proposed north of Quail Springs

I hope one thing we get with this development is Urban Outfitters. I'd rather see them downtown, but this seems more likely.

Either way, it's pretty ridiculous that they are in Boise, Birmingham, and Baton Rouge, but not here.

19. Default Re: Huge mixed used project proposed north of Quail Springs

I drove by there again yesterday on 150th. Looked like nothing was going on.

I dont picture an Urban Outfitters locating there. Doesnt exactly seem all that 'Urban"
    Automobile Alley would be a good area, but thats still several years away from that kind of retail. I would think somewhere in the Penn Square area would be the best bet.

21. Default Re: Huge mixed used project proposed north of Quail Springs

Despite the name, most of them are just in lifestyle centers exactly like this one will be.

Looks like this has changed. New signs are up along Penn and May. I think they said Tuscana? Anybody have more details. Drove by at night so I couldn't tell if they had a web address or not.

Same name and project. That's always been it's other name, check out the link on page 3.

Here is direct link:

RCL Development

Thanks, maybe this is finally moving ahead since new signs and some sewer/plumbing dirt work has started.

Thread Information