Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 94.7's new format

Default Re: 94.7's new format

What blows my mind is that Clear Channel knows how to program good rock stations yet they always go the crap route in OKC. KMOD in Tulsa and KEGL have always been great.

If nothing else, they should simulcast KMOD in Oklahoma City. This would create a huge broadcast area.

They could also program 94.7 to local talk like WLW is in Cincinatti. WLW is all local guys and no syndication. They talk about everything under the sun not just politics.

2. Default Re: 94.7's new format

Radio Ink Magazine

douche chill from the article: "The format switch took place yesterday, "Brews-day," December 29th."

3. Default Re: 94.7's new format

Quote Originally Posted by windowphobe View Post
    Then there's John Adams (1947- ), who won the 2003 Pulitzer Prize in Music for On the Transmigration of Souls, a choral work about the 9/11 attacks, and the highly-regarded opera Nixon in China, which is where I discovered Adams.

Nixon in China (opera) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Yes, Mid showed me that at dinner... We didn't study him in undergrad....though my 20th century music history teacher was pretty abysmal so it shouldn't come as a shock.

Notebook has been put away.
    Still corrupting young minds

Quote Originally Posted by oneforone View Post
    What blows my mind is that Clear Channel knows how to program good rock stations yet they always go the crap route in OKC. KMOD in Tulsa and KEGL have always been great.

If nothing else, they should simulcast KMOD in Oklahoma City. This would create a huge broadcast area.

They could also program 94.7 to local talk like WLW is in Cincinatti. WLW is all local guys and no syndication. They talk about everything under the sun not just politics.
    Maybe that speaks to what most people here are wanting to listen to. Not much you can do if your neighbor's tastes are crap.

Looks like Clear Channel pulled one of their quick, stock stations out of their ass in an effort to alter their income statement. The Buzz won't work because it tells it's listeners that the music it plays is popular when, in reality, it is not at all. Hinder couldn't pack their own downtown venues last time around despite the Buzz flaunting their majesty along with countless other "artists" who turn down their mids and up their trebles, layering mid-nineties, post grunge vocals over some distorted attempt at pop music.

Time to put a backup station in place until a new market can be determined.

It's a good sign for real music. The masses aren't falling for it anymore.

Nah. I think Hinder is doing just fine. They didn't pack their show here because, well, we've frankly seen them a million times before they made it. Why would we pay that money to see them now? That's the biggest thing bands from here forget when they make it. We helped you get there, don't come home and be jerks. Be grateful. There are a few bands that get it. They come back into town and do surprise find me texts to friends and do a show in a small seedy club they started in. Those are the best. We'll pay once to see you in the Ford Center just because we know it's a goal...after that, forget it.
    Unfortunately that crap sells. Why do you think so many bad concerts come through here? The zoo packs them in every year. Because the sheep love it.

7. Default Re: 94.7's new format

so are we just jewed for the time being till a better rock station pops up? i need to hurry and get my carputer put back in. or blair my iphones tiny speaker

8. Default Re: 94.7's new format

Quote Originally Posted by americasfuture2k View Post
    so are we just jewed for the time being till a better rock station pops up? i need to hurry and get my carputer put back in. or blair my iphones tiny speaker
    Nice antisemitism remark. But based on your excellent use of the English language and grammer, I am not surprised.

9. Default Re: 94.7's new format

I am thoroughly disgusted with radio in OKC. A few years ago I could almost always find something current and good between 98.9 KISS, 94.7 Buzz, or 102.7 KJ103. Every now and then something good on 100.5 KATT. But then 98.9 started playing a plethora of older crap mixed in with the good stuff. Then The Buzz slowly went downhill. Now 94.7 is playing the same thing as 107.7, 96.9, and plenty of other stations. More 80's and 90's crap?!? Really??

It is REALLY sad when 102.7 is the best station in OKC for new songs.

Quote Originally Posted by brianinok View Post
    I am thoroughly disgusted with radio in OKC. A few years ago I could almost always find something current and good between 98.9 KISS, 94.7 Buzz, or 102.7 KJ103. Every now and then something good on 100.5 KATT. But then 98.9 started playing a plethora of older crap mixed in with the good stuff. Then The Buzz slowly went downhill. Now 94.7 is playing the same thing as 107.7, 96.9, and plenty of other stations. More 80's and 90's crap?!? Really??

It is REALLY sad when 102.7 is the best station in OKC for new songs.
    102.7.... Seriously. Maybe on Sunday nights when they play the old school slow songs. That's about it. The rest is music for preteen girls.

11. Default Re: 94.7's new format

If this keeps up...Maybe my mullet will be back in style.

Flippin' SWEET.

Quote Originally Posted by Oh GAWD the Smell! View Post

Flippin' SWEET.
    LOL. sweet.

And this is exactly the reason I listen to satellite radio.

-Chris-

The format change is only in it's infancy and I already find it repetitive. I thought I was in hell earlier today. The KATT, 94.7 and KRXO were all playing the same song.

I predict another change or maybe even a snowball's chance move of KTOK to FM.

I was listening to it the other day, and yes even I got bored with it, I thinking it may not last, I still think that KTOK is going to end up with it and simulcast their programing on the station.

Doesn't make sense to move KTOK from AM to FM. At that point the AM becomes a dead stick. It's like taking the money from one pocket and putting it in another. KTOK-AM compared to other AM's is doing pretty good financially, however a successful FM format would make even more. It's all about the $$$$$.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker34 View Post
    Doesn't make sense to move KTOK from AM to FM. At that point the AM becomes a dead stick. It's like taking the money from one pocket and putting it in another. KTOK-AM compared to other AM's is doing pretty good financially, however a successful FM format would make even more. It's all about the $$$$$.
    True. I would love to see KTOK on FM.

The only reason the Sports Animal does so well here is because the music selection in this city is lousy. If you drive more than a couple of hours a day you are pulling your hair out because of the commericals or the repetition. I used to drive 8-10 hours a day for work. I was a home delivery driver for a now defunct retailer. After the first six months, I listened to nothing but, talk radio.

Not necessarily for the material just something to drown the silence because my bosses always scheduled the sleepy pothead kids as my helpers. All that mattered to me is that they were awake and moving when we stopped.

That is the big problem with terrestrial radio in all markets since most are owned by conglomerates that program the same thing all over. When I was commuting from Austin to Dallas between that and losing a signal and having to find the next one I just switched to Sirius. There are more programming options and if I am going to listen to something programmed from elsewhere, I might as well not have to find another station every 75 miles.

I love it!

KATT
    KRXO
    Bob
    The Brew
    and "Jack FM"

Glad to finally have a better selection of good music! New music is crap. Old Rock music owns!

Got a question here? so since 94.7 The Buzz is gone,what happens to Lex and Terry in the Morning?

Quote Originally Posted by dmoor82 View Post
    Got a question here? so since 94.7 The Buzz is gone,what happens to Lex and Terry in the Morning?
    According to their discussion boards the show is gone from 94.7 with the old format.

KHBZ, "The Buzz" was flipped to a different formats, and the show removed for reasons not explained to us. We only were notified a day prior to the flip (while we were on vacation) and it came without any warning or expression of concern that the station was not performing to management's expectations.

Lex & Terry were the highest rated daypart, and sometime the show alone isn't enough to sustain a station.

We are going to look for other stations to move to, but I don't have a timeframe. You can also express your thoughts to the stations Operation Manager, Tom Travis (tomtravis@clearchannel.com) and the General Manager, Bill Hurley (BillHurley@clearchannel.com). I ask that you express your passion for the show in a polite manner as name calling and telling them how much you think they, 'suck' won't help the situation. It is important for them to know how you listened, used the advertisers on the show, and/or if you are a business owner yourself.

In the meantime there are several ways to continue to listen.

1) If you have an iPhone you can use our specific application, just search "lex & terry" in iTunes and you will find the app that allows you to listen to the whole show LIVE and then repeated throughout the day

2) If you have an iPhone, certain models of Blackberrys and a phone with the Android operating system you can use the "I Heart Radio" app (www.iheartradio.com). Now you can hear the first four hours live via the Dallas (KEGL) and Orlando (WJRR) stations, and the whole show in delay on our channel found under "personalities"... I know this is confusing, but its another one of those great Clear Channel decisions I can't rightly explain.

3) The free podcast. Just go to the nav bar of our site and under "audio", click on "podcast"... There you will find each day's entire show and you can even add it to your iTunes (follow the instructions) and it will automatically download them for you. You can listen to these without iTunes as well and on ANY MP3 compatible player

4)The web: You can also listen and watch the full show each day at lexandterry.com
    you can watch the show live via our UStream broadcast, live and repeated
    you can listen to the show live and repeated on our audio only stream (look under "audio")

We will work to get the show back on, and we really appreciate your support of the show. We are terribly sorry about this as the people that are effected the most are you, our loyal listeners.

Happy New Year

Peter Welpton
    Lex & Terry Morning Radio Network
    Clear Channel

22. Smile Re: 94.7's new format

Quote Originally Posted by Oh GAWD the Smell! View Post

Flippin' SWEET.

And just to keep up with the tackiness, I'll rock the reverse mullet a la Kate Gosselin (before the extensions) !!!

Don't forget the leather pants and industrial size cans of Aqua Net.

24. Default Re: 94.7's new format

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWestOKC View Post
    I love it!

KATT
    KRXO
    Bob
    The Brew
    and "Jack FM"

Glad to finally have a better selection of good music! New music is crap. Old Rock music owns!
    I'm glad somebody else doesn't mind it.

I like it. The music anyway. I can't STAND people talking on my radio. Sports, stories, news, commercials, etc....If it's not music, I change the channel.

Probably why I primarily listen to CD's/MP3's.

105.3 The Spys is back.... Better than the Buzz ever was...

Thread Information