Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst local commercial?

Default Re: Worst local commercial?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Every Integris Health commercial is an affront to God and humanity both.
    There are no good hospital commercials.

Having said that, Norman Regional actually makes pretty good ones. And Midwest Regional has one good one - where the boy talks about how dad was cooking and used something "WAAAY past the expiration date. and now he's only allowed to cook cereal." Outside of those, NOPE.

The Fowler guy, whose name I forget. Cannot stand any commercial he is in.

I ADORE the Midwest City Regional kiddo. He shills that story like an old pro

4. Default Re: Worst local commercial?

Mr. Sprigg's is the best/worst.

YouTube - Mr. Spriggs BBQ

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    I ADORE the Midwest City Regional kiddo. He shills that story like an old pro
    Too bad the rest of the MWC Regional commercials are typical hospital fare. Using kids in them doesn't help. In fact, ugh. I'd rather have generic hospital dreariness.

edmond hyundai commercials are THE WORST

7. Default Re: Worst local commercial?

At The Beach commercials. There are several varieties, one with a guy trying (and failing) to sound like Arnold Schwartzenegger, and one with a girl trying to sound like ... well ... I have no idea. Not many commercials make me dive for the mute button, but this is one of them.

8. Default Re: Worst local commercial?

Oh man...I need a stack of those foam bricks made for throwing at the TV just for when those At the Beach commercials come on.

Also...To throw at the unsuspecting mailman. He's evil and deserves a good scare.

Dog toys work well - at least the plush variety works. We're constantly lobbing "baseballs" at Edmond Hyundai. After grabbing for the mute button, of course. At the Beach is a good one too.

1 - Mathis Brothers - why do they use that kid as a prop?
    2 - Wava
    3 - That bug-eyed guy
    4 - Any personal injury lawyer or bail bond commercial

Quote Originally Posted by dances with cameras View Post
    I CANNOT believe no one has mentioned Mr. Sprigg's BBQ (Sprigg's BBQ, Sprigg's BBQ) I didni't know R. Kelley did songs about BBQ! The best part is: "MEAT FALLS OFF THE BOOOOOOONE..."

Check it out

YouTube - Mr. Spriggs BBQ
    Will Ferrell likes it - From Funny or Die: Usually even a good commercial makes me think "Yeah, right. Of course you're saying that. You wanna sell your thing." This video makes me want to move to Oklahoma and eat Mr. Spriggs for breakfast, lunch, dinner and Taco Bell fourth meal. Enjoy the joy.

Will Ferrell's Picks (about half way down)... Funny stuff... big time stars are even making fun of it...

What is up with this Marquis furniture ad? Shouldn't that be pronounced "Mar Kee" instead of "Mar kwis"? With this guy's hick accent, it sounds like we are not very refined .

i'm sure if it's their last name they can pronounce it any way they want

Sort of like pronouncing Miami like Miamuh? I was told that Miami, Oklahoma is named after a tribe. I am not sure how acurate that is.

15. Default Re: Worst local commercial?

I agree with the At The Beach commercials being annoying. I also hate that ad by some local attorney that looks like a used car salesman and says something to the effect "Hire us and nobody will take advantage of you, AND I MEAN NO ONE!"

affordable furniture, for some reason, the little girl has lack of expressions, or looks like she is being forced to to say lines, it bugs me to much.

"where the working women shop"......that line always makes me laugh considering they are/were (since it burned down) next to an adult nightclub.

They closing down now. "to go fishing"

when my sister came down to visit, she laughed at this one furniture commercial, for hooker furniture. She was laughing saying she wants to go see what a good hooker bed looks like. Does anyone else know what im talking about, they still play a commerical for hooker furniture every now and then. I can just see it now, telling my friends common over and look at my new hooker furniture!

20. Default Re: Worst local commercial?

For me, it's currently the Edmond Hyundai commercials with Randy Colton chanting "Edmund Hyundai" ad nauseum. I like Randy; he's got a killer sense of humor, but sometimes he jumps the shark. I have muted that commercial for weeks.

I kinda like the "Toad Rage" ones though, it's creative if nothing else.

21. Default Re: Worst local commercial?

How about "let my daddy build your home."

Quote Originally Posted by BailJumper View Post
    How about "let my daddy build your home."

DEAD RIGHT!!!!....but The old Systems Plus commercial is close...

23. Default Re: Worst local commercial?

Quote Originally Posted by drumsncode View Post
    For me, it's currently the Edmond Hyundai commercials with Randy Colton chanting "Edmund Hyundai" ad nauseum.
    Ugh. How could I forget that one (blocked it out maybe?) That one pollutes the radio waves too.

Quote Originally Posted by NativeOkie View Post
    Hi torture time again...
    Allan Merrill Chevrolet route 66 Yukon.
    Quote Originally Posted by drum4no1 View Post
    What about all the obnoxious Mike Munday spots with all the yelling, same sound effects and scripts.
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeOkie View Post
    Thats it TRUST HOUSE JEWELERS.
    Augggh I see them now in my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Every Integris Health commercial .
    Quote Originally Posted by OKCDrummer77 View Post
    At The Beach commercials. There are several varieties, one with a guy trying (and failing) to sound like Arnold Schwartzenegger, and one with a girl trying to sound like ... well ... I have no idea. Not many commercials make me dive for the mute button, but this is one of them.

Funny how bad some of these commercials were and yet we remember them.
    The "torture time" ads were my dads favorite.
    I have and always will boycott buisness' that use Mike Monday.
    Trust House Jewlers ....I'd forgotten about those.
    Integris health..."I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad. The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had." WTF??? Now Im depressed.
    At the Beach....Give me some foam bricks to throw at the tv when this one comes on too. How many people can they insult in one ad?
    Tall Paul.....classic.

I know this isnt local but not worthy of its own thread either. Enzyete...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqffNjcxMDgTry explaining what the women are whispering to each other (about santa)to a small child. "Chuuby Santa" & "the joy of the gift that keeps on giving" Smilin Bob creeps me out bigtime, and those must be some lonely women.

why do people insist on having their kids in the commercial? The Sooner Copy Machines - every Sunday without fail and several times during the morning. That girl's voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard and the little boy looks ridiculous.

Thread Information