Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cheever's

Default Re: Cheever's Cafe

Wow! That's an amazing list of restaurants to be included with! Flagstaff House in Boulder is amazing. Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by tuck View Post
    Congratulations! Well, well deserved.

It's quite good. Only been to Cheever's once. I've been to all the Good Egg restaurants ('cept for the one they manage off of Route 66) and never once had a bad experience either from the service or from the food. This one group of restauranteurs has done a lot to raise Oklahoma City's profile in that we now have impressive and unique places to bring out of towners (besides Cattleman's).

where is this cafe located?

Go to Google, type in Cheevers, it gives you a map.

Is there a reason why you reposted this metro?

Ignorance. I saw the link last week, but don't know exactly as I looked at the link above and it was on a different website. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Ignorance. I saw the link last week, but don't know exactly as I looked at the link above and it was on a different website. My bad.
    lol. I thought maybe I was just missing something new.

Went back Sunday...great brunch! YUM.

Finally had brunch at Cheevers for the first time.

Wow. Of course Cheevers and the rest of the goodegggroup concepts never disappoint. Brunch definitely met my expectations as a foodie. Saw tuck and his entourage while I was there as well.

I ordered the Cowgirl Benedict, a chicken fried steak on a bed of skillet potatoes, topped with a fried egg and tabasco hollandaise sauce. I think it had some fried onions or something as well in the skillet potatoes. Outstanding! Definitely a new twist on the CFS. As you can see in my previous review, their CFS with jalapeno gravy is also amazing!

The wife ordered the Chicken & Waffles and a side of fruit. The fruit was fresh of course. The C&W was also divine. The Chicken was better than Eichens she said. I thought it was equally excellent although different. She loved it and I of course had to nab a few bites as well. My only thing I saw for improvement was that I was hoping for more corn flavor in the waffles. Despite not tasting the cornmeal in the waffles, it was still probably the best waffle I've ever had.

Service was quite slow unfortunately.

Overall I rate my experience an 8. Atmosphere is always great. Service gets a 7 and Food a 9.5. I'll be back soon!

11. Default Re: Cheever's Cafe

Ate there Saturday night. Not one complaint except the per-glass price of wine, but that's to be expected. Food was outstanding.

Had a business lunch there today. Ordered the skirt steak sandwich. Amazing! It beat my expectations. I wasn't expecting the mustard on their however, but it was complimentary to the sandwich. My colleagues all seemed to thoroughly enjoy their meal as well. Glad to eat Cheevers twice in 4 days! Can't wait until next time..

13. Default Re: Cheever's Cafe

With out a doubt my number one choice for a late relaxing lunch when you just need to ponder and think.

I checked out the online menu and now I'm starving.... I'll be there as soon as I get a chance.

15. Default Re: Cheever's Cafe

Quote Originally Posted by RealJimbo View Post
    I checked out the online menu and now I'm starving.... I'll be there as soon as I get a chance.
    You won't be disappointed. I jsut had the strudel for the first time as an appetizer the last time I went. Amazing.

Saw this link of the 360 virtual tour on Cheevers Twitter:

NewSpin360.com | Virtual Tour

Going here for my late B-Day party today.. Any suggestions? And is it formal dress? Casual?

Quote Originally Posted by diggyba View Post
    Going here for my late B-Day party today.. Any suggestions? And is it formal dress? Casual?
    Casual...jeans are fine! Happy Birthday!

Quote Originally Posted by tuck View Post
    Casual...jeans are fine! Happy Birthday!
    Thanks!

Chicken Fried Steak was amazing! This place is a jewel!

The roasted chicken and pepper jack strudel is one of the best things I have ever eaten in my life. And, Sunday brunch is great. A favorite is the fried chicken and waffle. I love this place.

Ohh, and the entrees are HUGE! Come with an empty stomach!

23. Default Re: Cheever's Cafe

wife and i ate here for the first time (i don't know why it was the first time, don't ask) tonight.

amazing food, fantastic service, great atmosphere. we split the jumbo shrimp ceviche and then the chicken friend steak. i got a bottle of spaten optimator and she had a glass of some Gewurtztraminier from New Zealand. all very, very good, $50 (w/ tip).

highly recommend if you are a slow adopter, like me.

Default Re: Cheever's

I'm interested to see what's happening during this remodel!

Default Re: Cheever's

The remodel has mainly to do with the kitchen. We are adding 15 ft of vent hood space, redoing the cook line and upgrading the prep area. The FOH will of course get a great cleaning with small upgrades to the wait station area.

Thread Information