Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Lofts at Maywood Park

Default Re: Phase II of Maywood Park -- Affordable Lofts!

I just meant that in the context of current developments, The Hill is as suburban as Sycamore Square was in it's day.

With all that has been learned about New Urbanism since the 70's, The Hill violates most of those principles.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    Betts, do you know if he's referring to Maywood Hall that will be directly east of Lofts at Maywood, or is he talking about something else?
    Actually, I think what they're going to call Maywood Hall is now going to be built north of the Lofts on the mews that is between 2nd and 3rd Street. They look more like the Brownstones, but are lofts and apartments rather than townhouses. I've seen a plan for the land east of the Lofts, and originally I thought they were going to call it Maywood Hall, but I don't think they're still planning to call it that. It looks more like the lofts. This is all obviously rather fluid, but I think the current plan is to build two Maywood Hall buildings north and south of the mews before building on the east block of 2nd street.

3. Default Re: Phase II of Maywood Park -- Affordable Lofts!

Any retail planned soon, betts?

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    Any retail planned soon, betts?
    Not that I've heard. All I know about is the coffee shop on the first floor of one of the Brownstones. There's definitely land on Walnut slated for retail.

Wow, very cool, thanks for posting pics and keeping us up todate...since I no longer live in OKC I count on threads like this one to keep me plugged in since I only make it to bricktown once or twice a year

6. Default Re: Phase II of Maywood Park -- Affordable Lofts!

ditto that!
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Snapped this on Friday. The pic looks a little 'bent' since I was holding my phone out the window. You get the idea though and they are getting closer to completion. Hopefully this will add a nice influx of residential and foot traffic to the area.

It would be great to see more retail development in the area

cherrylane, I believe that is the idea, to have retail on the street level. I'm sure it's coming when this thing fills up, from what I understand it has a decent amount already sold.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    cherrylane, I believe that is the idea, to have retail on the street level. I'm sure it's coming when this thing fills up, from what I understand it has a decent amount already sold.
    Any clue as to what kind of stores we are talking?

Just speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a flower shop, florist, deli/cafe (Yes Deep Deuce can support more than Sage), coffee shop or any of those type services the Deep Deuce area could easily support.

Not impressed with parking garage. 1 spot per unit is fine, but where do friend's, family, ect park? The street? Not safe enough yet.

Quote Originally Posted by circuitboard View Post
    Not impressed with parking garage. 1 spot per unit is fine, but where do friend's, family, ect park? The street? Not safe enough yet.
    It's plenty safe. I haven't seen much riff-raff at all over there.

Plenty of street parking in that area and very safe. The only area of downtown I would consider "not safe enough" would be over west of St. Anthony towards Classen and even that area isn't that bad.

What?!

Quote Originally Posted by wsucougz View Post
    It's plenty safe. I haven't seen much riff-raff at all over there.
    I am not convinced yet. Legacy is terrible...parking for one sucks and several cars broken into in the street. Apartments in other large metros have better garages with multiple spaces for family and friends. This is a freaking condo that I would be purchasing and the garage sucks with only one spot. So again I am not impressed. Hopefully future developments will do better.

The area is beyond safe.

I live in a squat down there, i hope you yuppie snobs enjoy the area as you gentrify and displace the locals. thx

no seriously, what happened to the pix from the guy who had a deposit?

censorship on this site is rampant!

I am not convinced yet. Legacy is terrible...
    Midtown has a much larger problem with transients. This is on the other side of town.

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Plenty of street parking in that area and very safe. The only area of downtown I would consider "not safe enough" would be over west of St. Anthony towards Classen and even that area isn't that bad.
    I live in this area(west downtown/SOSA) and same dilemma about parking, haven't had a problem in the 3 years I've been here.

22. Default Re: Phase II of Maywood Park -- Affordable Lofts!

Quote Originally Posted by wsucougz View Post
    Midtown has a much larger problem with transients. This is on the other side of town.
    You want transients?

Come to my hood near 23rd and Broadway.

It's pretty shady, but I have never been victimized

Quote Originally Posted by CuatrodeMayo View Post
    You want transients?

I live not too far from there. They seem to migrate north and south between midtown and 23rd street via Shartel and, too a lesser extent, Robinson. Weird little track they run.

Exclamation The Lofts at Maywood Park

Quote Originally Posted by blangtang View Post
    no seriously, what happened to the pix from the guy who had a deposit?

censorship on this site is rampant!
    As for my post and the photos, I asked the administrators to delete it. I will be reposting both the post's content and photos soon.

Quote Originally Posted by CuatrodeMayo View Post
    You want transients?

spent a year near 24th and robinson as well and had a smash and grab and heard about several others. jefferson park def still has its sketchy element.

i lived in deep deuce for a year and never heard of any incidents/problems. i think the west side of downtown has more incidents than east side due to city rescue mission/ greyhound station/ city bus stop.

Thread Information