Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Del Rancho

Default Re: Del Rancho question.

I keep seeing Chuck House touted as a good chicken fried steak restaurant. My one experience there was far less than good, much less excellent. The '50s Cafe at 2801 S. May has a really good chicken fry and real mashed potatoes with cream gravy for cheap. Del Rancho, on a good day, still has my favorite sandwich.

Chuck House was a Del Rancho at one time, it was a Big T (Tastee Freeze concept) when the building was originally built.

Most places I will give more than one try at if they have a good reputation because all of them can have a bad moment at times. There have only been a few places that were "one and done" in my mind, Taco Mayo was one of those.

Problem solved. Just got back from OKC in time for Cubs game here in Arlington. Had a wonderful Steak Sandwich Supreme at the Moore location. Great facility. Very clean w/friendly wait staff.

Default Del Rancho

I drove by the old Sonic on NW 50th and MacArthur and saw it was closed and a new Del Rancho was coming in. I have only seen Del Ranchos close for years and years and thought Del Rancho was soon to be a business of the past. I have to admit I do love their Steak Sandwich Supreme, fried okra and chef salads. I will be frequenting their restaurant and partaking in the SSS. Glad to see them opening and wish them the best. I only wish Dairy Queen would come back to the city.

Default Re: Del Rancho

pretty cool... is it remaining a drive-in concept? -M

7. Default Re: Del Rancho

I have only seen Del Ranchos close for years and years and thought Del Rancho was soon to be a business of the past.
    That was my thought too. I had to take the picture below because I found what they meant to say and what they were actually saying to be ironic. Plus, its never a good thing when your long time business location has to remind passing motorists that they are open.

8. Default Re: Del Rancho

I had del rancho last month. Had to drive to the southside, and it was OH so worth it.

That is good news...

I see on the county assessor's site that this property sold just a month ago to the same people that own the Del Rancho on SW 29th.

The one at 29th & Penn is a drive-in, so I'm sure they will keep this one in that configuration as well.

I think those trailer signs are illegal

Del Rancho has great tots and gravy. Or, there's their CFS dinner (without the bun, obviously). Better yet, CFS dinner with tots and gravy. Give them a try.

I don't get out that way much but will once they open. Can someone post on this thread once you see they are open?

Has anyone here tried eating at Chuck House? They sell Chicken Fry Steaks as well.

Yes, scroll about 10 threads down in the food section.

Quote Originally Posted by MsLoan View Post
    Has anyone here tried eating at Chuck House? They sell Chicken Fry Steaks as well.
    I like Chuck House. I have been eating at the one on 10th and Meridian since it opened over 30 years ago. It was orginally a Del Rancho and the owners scrapped the Del Rancho franchise and did their own thing. The steak sandwiches and chicken fry are quite similiar to Del Rancho. It is a no frills place with a drive through and inside dining area. I also like Chuck House's hamburgers. If you want to raise your cholesterol level, the Chuck House is a good option.

Bigray in Ok

Default Re: Why no Del Rancho's (apparently) in NW OKC?

Well they just opened at Del Rancho at N.W. 50th and MacArthur today. May want to wait a week or two for them to get the kinks worked out and avoid the rush. They were packed today and it took awhile to get my order.

Default Re: Why no Del Rancho's (apparently) in NW OKC?

Yep! I saw that it was announced a while ago. I guess they're starting to bounce back.

Del Rancho is now open.

19. Default Re: Del Rancho

I don't know what it is, but I find the Del Rancho in Moore to be superior to the others I have tried. That place is deadly though to my diet. The wife and I cut a sandwich up three ways, no fries and then take the 3rd section home for lunch the next day.

The Del Ranchos are owned by different franchisees and there obviously isn't any sort of tight corporate control, so there is probably a decent amount of variation between locations.

Having said that, I would kill for a decent chicken fried steak out here, sandwich form or otherwise! But perhaps it's best I can only have it the once or twice a year I visit Oklahoma.

Quote Originally Posted by bbatesokc
    the wife and i cut a sandwich up three ways, no fries and then take the 3rd section home for lunch the next day.
    you're a better man than me... i'd tackle one by myself. with cheese and bacon. -M

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    you're a better man than me... i'd tackle one by myself. with cheese and bacon. -M
    With bacon mmm?? Your heart is probably screaming when you order

Absolutely! It is screaming "More Bacon" and doesn't everyone know that Gravy is a beverage?

24. Default Re: Del Rancho

Del Rancho is still around in many places and their business seem to be growing strong. Its good for them to expand/grow into existing places where Sonic once reside within, because it greatly lower the cost of construction...only need to do slight remodel to fit their business theme and a new sign.

Although, I rarely, very rarely eat there, I agree they are quite good. Last time I had a sandwich there was a couple years ago. I should stop by more often.

Quote Originally Posted by easy180
    with bacon mmm?? your heart is probably screaming when you order
    yeah... screaming with delight. i've gotta admit that i only order that one maybe two times a year.

Quote Originally Posted by larry okc
    doesn't everyone know that gravy is a beverage?
    in oklahoma, gravy is a vegetable. is this a great state or what?

-M

Thread Information