Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Chuy's

Default Re: Chuy's

Chuy's is coming to Memorial Road, just to the west of Argon apartments and Chisholm Creek. The property is actually owned by a church.

They opened in Norman about 10 years ago but this will be the first location in OKC.

2. Default Re: Chuy's

would be cooler if it was a Chevys but I'm not mad

Stoked! Love this place when I lived in Dallas.

Grew up in San Antonio and I have to say Chuy's is pretty damn solid!

Chevy's is garbage big time!

Blog Entries

Chuy's is great, but understand what they are good at. It's not their Tex-Mex dishes, which are fine (a hell of a lot better than Ted's) but nothing truly special. Where they shine is with all of their New Mexico style green chili dishes. And creamy jalapeno dip.

I wish Salsalito Cantina would expand right by my house

probably my favorite tex mex spot in san antonio on Nacogdoches NW San Antonio

7. Default Re: Chuy's

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    Chuy's is great, but understand what they are good at. It's not their Tex-Mex dishes, which are fine (a hell of a lot better than Ted's) but nothing truly special. Where they shine is with all of their New Mexico style green chili dishes. And creamy jalapeno dip.
    Yeah, I love their Hatch chili sauce.

They have a good, but much reduced menu it seems. I hit the Norman location up maybe once a month. This is going to be pretty close to home though, I'm sure we'll work it into the rotation provided they aren't too swarmed.

I am a big fan of the Boom-Boom sauce! I get that over their Chicken Chimichanga! I also enjoy their fajitas too! This should do well in OKC!

10. Default Re: Chuy's

Quote Originally Posted by shartel_ave View Post
    Grew up in San Antonio and I have to say Chuy's is pretty damn solid!

Chevy's is garbage big time!
    Bite your tongue!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    Bite your tongue!
    Ahhh...you made me laugh out loud, seriously though growing up in SA I can't take Chevy's seriously

Well under construction; should open early spring.

Their "New Mexican style" chile dishes taste nothing like New Mexican food, and their Tex-Mex is off. I remember it being great back in the day with the location in Dallas Uptown but it's not what it once was.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Their "New Mexican style" chile dishes taste nothing like New Mexican food, and their Tex-Mex is off. I remember it being great back in the day with the location in Dallas Uptown but it's not what it once was.
    I ate at one in North Dallas recently and it was above average. I do think they are generally better than Ted’s. It’s a popular commercial restaurant.. it will kill it at this location. Better than what is up there except for Uncle Julio’s but way better priced than UJ.

It's all a matter of individual taste. I personally, like Chuy's. The chili rellenos are my fav.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    It's all a matter of individual taste. I personally, like Chuy's. The chili rellenos are my fav.
    Good queso too.

17. Default Re: Chuy's

Their hatch chili sauce is pretty damn good.

18. Default Re: Chuy's

I used to love the Chuys in Norman. Post-Covid they just gutted the menu. Most of the favorites are gone now. Hasn't been the same since.

19. Default Re: Chuy's

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    I used to love the Chuys in Norman. Post-Covid they just gutted the menu. Most of the favorites are gone now. Hasn't been the same since.
    If you ask them to make something off the old menu they usually will.

The new location on Memorial is now hiring.

I would guess they will be ready to open in early May.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The new location on Memorial is now hiring.

I would guess they will be ready to open in early May.
    Look forward to trying this!! A foodie friend says it's his favorite Tex Mex restaurant.

23. Default Re: Chuy's

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    Look forward to trying this!! A foodie friend says it's his favorite Tex Mex restaurant.
    Looking at their website this looks like my kind of place!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    Looking at their website this looks like my kind of place!
    Of all the commercial Tex Mex places, Chuy's is pretty good.

Of the commercial places, I also think it's pretty good and I'll certainly eat at this spot.

Thread Information