Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dave & Busters in OKC sometime in 2009

Default Re: Dave & Busters in OKC sometime in 2009

I have driven to Tulsa for dinner before many times (before gas exceeded $2). Of course would end up making it an all day affair going to the various Tulsa retail that we didn't have here etc (hard to justify JUST for dinner even then...could go roundtrip on a tankful and at the time was about $10 to $12). LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Oil Capital View Post
    Wow. Who knew?

And... 2 hours to Tulsa? I'm beginning to wonder if Spartan has ever actually been to Tulsa.
    I'm guessing not everyone lives in NW OKC....

And... 2 hours to Tulsa? I'm beginning to wonder if Spartan has ever actually been to Tulsa.
    Quote Originally Posted by dismayed View Post
    I think his folks live in the Moore/Norman area, that would make the trip longer. It also depends on what area of Tulsa you are headed to, and the wait on Memorial if headed to that location.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    You know, I wouldn't worry about not having a D&B. I ate at one in Denver not long after moving here and the food was total crap. Fun place I suppose, but I'd never choose to eat there again.
    I ate at the one in Dallas, once, went a few times to play games. I have never been to the one here in Austin in the seven years that I have lived here. When my wifes's nephew comes to town he always wants to go there, he is 18 y.o.

The vast majority of non-grandmother drivers can drive from OKC to the Tulsa Dave & Buster's in a good deal less than 2 hours. Even from Moore, it should be very little more than a 1 1/2 hour drive to Dave & Buster's in Tulsa (it is completely beyond me why anyone would ever consider driving 10 minutes, let alone 1 1/2 hours to Dave & Buster's, but I digress.)

5. Default Re: Dave & Busters in OKC sometime in 2009

Wow. Who knew?

Norman, OK to S Mingo Rd & E 71st St, Tulsa, OK 74133 - Google Maps

Apparently it is actually 2 hours and 8 minutes from my OKC place to the Dave & Buster's in Tulsa.

So I am sooooo sorry. I suggested a 2 hour drive to D&B T-Town, it is actually 2 hours and 8 minutes. I can not tell a lie.

I used to be one of those people who would say things like, "Oh yeah, it only takes an hour and 15 to get to Tulsa!" and after driving 90 mph the whole way wonder why it still took an hour and 45 to get to my end-point in Tulsa. I also used to calculate 45 mins from Norman to Stillwater and a girl I was dating at the time would just add 30 minutes for me to be late..but that's on a tangent.

Since Oil Capitol is confused at the idea of Tulsa being two hours away, I am starting to wonder if HE has been Tulsa before. Here's a clue so he can go on pretending to know all about it: Trust me, once you're an hour and a half away from OKC you definitely want to just go ahead and drive the extra 15-30 minutes to wind up somewhere nicer than SAPULPA.

Hey Spartan, have you noticed the distance to/from is quite a bit shorter depending if you are Tulsa or OKC bound? I forget which but take a look at the distance signs as you get on the turnpike going each way. (I think I know the real reason but it still seems odd).

I drive downtown OKC to downtown Tulsa for work on a regular basis. With no delays from turnpike construction or accidents I can make it from one to the other in about an hour and 30 minutes, give or take 10 min. Getting to Tulsa is easier as you just get on 244 from 44 and exit at 7th street after crossing the river. OKC you go 35 to 44 to 235 and then I exit at NW 10. OU to downtown Tulsa is just under 2 hours with 35 traffic/construction.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Norman, OK to S Mingo Rd & E 71st St, Tulsa, OK 74133 - Google Maps

Apparently it is actually 2 hours and 8 minutes from my OKC place to the Dave & Buster's in Tulsa.

So I am sooooo sorry. I suggested a 2 hour drive to D&B T-Town, it is actually 2 hours and 8 minutes. I can not tell a lie.

I used to be one of those people who would say things like, "Oh yeah, it only takes an hour and 15 to get to Tulsa!" and after driving 90 mph the whole way wonder why it still took an hour and 45 to get to my end-point in Tulsa. I also used to calculate 45 mins from Norman to Stillwater and a girl I was dating at the time would just add 30 minutes for me to be late..but that's on a tangent.

Since Oil Capitol is confused at the idea of Tulsa being two hours away, I am starting to wonder if HE has been Tulsa before. Here's a clue so he can go on pretending to know all about it: Trust me, once you're an hour and a half away from OKC you definitely want to just go ahead and drive the extra 15-30 minutes to wind up somewhere nicer than SAPULPA.
    Trust me, Sparty, I've driven from Tulsa to OKC and back many many times. It has NEVER taken be anywhere near 2 hours. I looked at those Google maps times too. Not sure if they are aware that speed limits are no longer 55 mph ;-)

FWIW, you do seem to have a problem with travel time calculations if you ever thought it should take only 45 minutes to get from Norman to Stillwater

9. Default Re: Dave & Busters in OKC sometime in 2009

Um guys... what's the big deal here? 90 minutes. 120 minutes. are you really going to get into a flame war now over driving time?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Dead. Dead. Dead.
    See: big boom time retail and entertainment center developments killed by economic crash; Memorial Crossing; etc.
    You'll see this about the same time you will see a Warren Theater built at Memorial and Rockwell.
    Steve,

Just curious but when was the last time you talked to D&B.

11. Default Re: Dave & Busters in OKC sometime in 2009

Um guys... what's the big deal here? 90 minutes. 120 minutes. are you really going to get into a flame war now over driving time?
    Apparently. Oil Capitol wakes up every morning itching for it, so I guess he's going to have his way come hell or high water.

FWIW, you do seem to have a problem with travel time calculations if you ever thought it should take only 45 minutes to get from Norman to Stillwater
    Never made it from Norman to Stillwater in 45 min. Not motivated enough to get there I suppose. But getting gone from Stillwater to ANYWHERE, yeah, that's a real fast trip.

Trust me, Sparty, I've driven from Tulsa to OKC and back many many times. It has NEVER taken be anywhere near 2 hours. I looked at those Google maps times too. Not sure if they are aware that speed limits are no longer 55 mph ;-)

I'm chiming in only because I am one that likes to spread factual information. Google actually does account for speed limits and average times now. This can easily be seen by looking at the link that Spartan posted. The total mileage listed is 147 miles. Looking at each leg of the trip, from toll gate to toll gate you are looking at 82 miles; this leaves 65 miles of travel within city limits. If you assume that you can drive 82 miles an hour on the turnpike, then that is equal to one hour. The remaining 65 miles would be at a slower rate of speed since they are within city limits; however, if you assume you are traveling 65 mph within city limits then that is also equal to one hour. This equals two hours total.

In order to go from point A to B within one hour and fifteen minutes as you have suggested Oil Capital if you do the math your average speed of travel would have to be (147/1.25 =) 117.6 mph. This is a matter of simple math.

That is all. You can now go back to arguing with one another.

14. Default Re: Dave & Busters in OKC sometime in 2009

Oil Capital was actually talking about his ride time on the Heartland Flyer between our state's two cities..

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Oil Capital was actually talking about his ride time on the Heartland Flyer between our state's two cities..
    Traveling back and forth between OKC and Tulsa as much as I do I would love it if this was true.

Yep

As if it would ever be worth it to drive 90 or 120 minutes to go Dave and Busters. I don't really get the appeal of this place, but I probably spent too many Saturday afternoons at Chucky Cheese and Celebration Station with my kids to think this is a big deal. If it makes people happy to have it here, then I'm all for it, but personally, I can think of a lot of things I'd rather have.

We had a similar sounding place a few years ago but don't recall the name. Was out on NW Expressway & Council, tucked way in the back in the corner of the strip mall (the one where Target is now). Think it is a plant nursery now. Had all of the arcade type games, pool, golf simulator, food and adult beverages. Think it was a victim to its location. Probably would have done great in Bricktown.

I'm chiming in only because I am one that likes to spread factual information. Google actually does account for speed limits and average times now. This can easily be seen by looking at the link that Spartan posted. The total mileage listed is 147 miles. Looking at each leg of the trip, from toll gate to toll gate you are looking at 82 miles; this leaves 65 miles of travel within city limits. If you assume that you can drive 82 miles an hour on the turnpike, then that is equal to one hour. The remaining 65 miles would be at a slower rate of speed since they are within city limits; however, if you assume you are traveling 65 mph within city limits then that is also equal to one hour. This equals two hours total.

In order to go from point A to B within one hour and fifteen minutes as you have suggested Oil Capital if you do the math your average speed of travel would have to be (147/1.25 =) 117.6 mph. This is a matter of simple math.

That is all. You can now go back to arguing with one another.
    If you want to chime in, you should probably read the prior posts more carefully. I never suggested a 1 1/4 hour drive time from OKC to Tulsa. It has always taken me right at 1 1/2 hours. From Norman, of course it would be a little longer.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    As if it would ever be worth it to drive 90 or 120 minutes to go Dave and Busters. I don't really get the appeal of this place, but I probably spent too many Saturday afternoons at Chucky Cheese and Celebration Station with my kids to think this is a big deal. If it makes people happy to have it here, then I'm all for it, but personally, I can think of a lot of things I'd rather have.
    Exactly.

21. Default Re: Dave & Busters in OKC sometime in 2009

If you want to chime in, you should probably read the prior posts more carefully. I never suggested a 1 1/4 hour drive time from OKC to Tulsa. It has always taken me right at 1 1/2 hours. From Norman, of course it would be a little longer.
    You can rectify your disagreement after being proven wrong without being a jerk, you know..

Quote Originally Posted by Oil Capital
    Quote Originally Posted by Dismayed
    ... Even from Moore, it should be very little more than a 1 1/2 hour drive to Dave & Buster's in Tulsa (it is completely beyond me why anyone would ever consider driving 10 minutes, let alone 1 1/2 hours to Dave & Buster's, but I digress.)
    If you want to chime in, you should probably read the prior posts more carefully ...
    And if you'll look at the very first post above you should probably not make attacks based on assumptions which prove out to be incorrect.

And for what its worth, the average speed of travel from Moore to Tulsa at 1.5 hours is 109.6 mph, including travel within cities. Which in all likelihood means you would be traveling much slower within the city, and much much faster on the turnpike in order to make it in an hour in a half. In other words, your opinion is nice but it doesn't change the fact that you are factually incorrect.

23. Default Re: Dave & Busters in OKC sometime in 2009

ANYWAY......back to subject.....I've taken my son and relatives to D & B's in Denver, won a boatload of tickets, took them to the exchange shop and found nothing but garbage. Even my son, 8 years old at the time, was irritated that there was absolutely nothing there he wanted. Even candy bars or Hot Wheels or plastic soldiers or a comic book or something any kid would want to play with would have been OK, but there was literally nothing of value or worth in that shop.

We sent a very nicely worded email to the corporate office (just in case that particular location was poorly stocked) and got no response whatsoever.

D & B's is a total waste of money and a lousy company.

We need ESPN Zone! Not D and B!

Hate to break it to you but Dave and Busters is terribly over rated, the one here in Tulsa has some of the most ridiculously bad food I've had in ten years.

Thread Information