Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Iguana

1. Default Re: Iguana Grill

Iguana is one of my family's favorites, and we go at least once a month.

Default Re: Iguana Grill

I LOVED it! Everything was great and there were tons of people there.

Went there last weekend. Food was awesome. Service was awful.

Went several weeks back and had the Al Carbon Beef Burrito...It was excellent and the service was adequate on the packed Saturday night

Will definitely be in our weekend dinner rotation

My wife and I love this place. The chicken adobo that they put in their burritos and chimichangas is out of this world. Their queso is the best in town. Like others on the tread have mentioned, the service can be pretty bad at times. Hope it gets better soon.

6. Default Re: Iguana Grill

Mmmmm the adobo chicken........
    Still corrupting young minds

Quote Originally Posted by DesingerOKC View Post
    I LOVED it! Everything was great and there were tons of people there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Went there last weekend. Food was awesome. Service was awful.

Can you please elaborate on the food you ordered?

Went to Iguana Grill first time at lunch (Friday Aug 7 2009). Was pretty full but still they found us a table very quickly.

We had the apricot salsa that was really good.

I ordered the Mexican Chopped Salad. It was just so much better than I expected. The food is very good. The service was great and especially good considering how busy they were.

Of course it is not a huge place and the tables are close enough that it bothered me at first. But that feeling quickly departed with the quality of the food.

Extremely good experience. Will definitely find time to return to this place.

9. Default Re: Iguana Grill

love the food.

service was good, the server said he was new, as much of the staff probably is. i am confident the service will only get better.

We finally got around to trying Iguana last night. Other than wishing we arrived a tad later, it was a very nice dinner.

We were seated very promptly, under a minute. In that sense our timing was excellent considering the number of occupied tables. It was the volume from the many tables that distracted. I suppose we arrived a bit before the end of an early dinner boom. After we were there about 20 minutes, the volume was no longer an issue due to other diners departing. That's a fairly simple adjustment to the timing for me to remember.

The coral snake salsa was different but very interesting, a description which fit most of the menu. Definitely applicable to our selections when contrasted to the typical offerings about town.

Overall, we found it enjoyable to have a different take on the entrees. As to the sides, the only thing better than a bite of their smokey green beans was the next bite following. A sound compliment to the pork based burrito.

The room was largely occupied by an older crowd, including a few families.
    There seemed to be a few in 20's and 30's, but mostly 45+, some with family in tow. Several well behaved children were sprinkled throughout the dining area, and that was very appreciated.

We did not visit the lower area toward the street, though it seemed fairly full as well.

I definitely see us returning.

The only reason I go is to enjoy a beer out on the front patio. OKC has a significant lack of outdoor dining experiences. The service is terrible! I also happen to live in the area and would never travel from the suburbs to the city to eat at this joint. Overall, 1492 trumps the Iguana.

1492 over Iguana? seriously? to each his own, although both are good

A couple tidbits that might make your return trip even more pleasant:
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    We were seated very promptly, under a minute. In that sense our timing was excellent considering the number of occupied tables.
    While Iguana doesn't take reservations, they do offer call-ahead seating and are happy to tell you over the phone what the current wait time is.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    The room was largely occupied by an older crowd, including a few families.
    There seemed to be a few in 20's and 30's, but mostly 45+, some with family in tow. Several well behaved children were sprinkled throughout the dining area, and that was very appreciated.
    If you prefer a totally child-free dining experience, ask for a bar table. They only seat customers 21+ in that area (and sometimes it's a little quieter in there as well).

Quote Originally Posted by Eep View Post
    A couple tidbits that might make your return trip even more pleasant:

While Iguana doesn't take reservations, they do offer call-ahead seating and are happy to tell you over the phone what the current wait time is.

If you prefer a totally child-free dining experience, ask for a bar table. They only seat customers 21+ in that area (and sometimes it's a little quieter in there as well).
    Did not know about call ahead, so thanks for that. Might be useful for a weekend trip. We did not need it last night, not at all. Sheesh, I've waited longer at a C store to pay for a coke than we waited for a table, lol. Most probably would of had a wait if we'd been a bit earlier. Woulda been worth it, so still no worries.

As packed as the parking lot was, it was a happy surprise to be seated about as fast as I could say two for dinner and turn to nab a Gazzette off the rack by the door.

And having kiddos there was definitely not unwelcome for a Poppa of three, and two GK's to boot.

It was just nice that the little smiling faces were smiling faces and brought up by parents who know table manners do still make a difference. No throwing stuff, no trying to run, no tantrums, just nice happy smiling faces.
    I'll share a room with great behaved kiddos over a room of only adults just about anytime.

While I was somewhat expecting the place to be more of a younger crowd with far fewer family groups, that was simply a misconception on my part. If we had arrived and everyone around us were way closer in age to our young adult children, we wouldn't have left, but it might have been a tad less comfortable of an evening as we wouldn't really blend in with the crowd.

Good food, attentive staff, nice setting, all reasons for many return trips.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    1492 over Iguana? seriously? to each his own, although both are good
    1492 is so much better than iquana and it is no close ....

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    1492 is so much better than iquana and it is no close ....
    I think 1492 trumps Iguana, but I don't think 1492 is really that special either. If you are ever in Tulsa, try out Elote. It's a mexican restaurant that uses fresh, organic ingredients to produce healthy mexican entrees. Believe it or not, not every mexican dish has to be layered with cheese and grease.

I think Iguana has very fresh food, and I don't think either of them have greasy dishes. I personally love whatever they marinate their meat in for the chicken enchiladas. Coral snake salsa is to die for, as is their regular salsa. The green rice is also a fave of mine. I like 1492 as well, but pretty much go there for the duck enchiladas, which are amazing.

The service at Iguana is usually good, except on Taco Tuesday...lol but they are sure to fix their mistakes if you notify them! I always speak up

the service is fine, the food is good and the spot is quite cool. go eat teds if you dont like it.

Default Chica's Closed at Nichols Hills Plaza - Reopening in April As Iguana

Default Re: Chica's Closed at Nichols Hills Plaza - Reopening in April As Iguana

Vague post

Default Re: Chica's Closed at Nichols Hills Plaza - Reopening in April As Iguana

Probably done quickly on his phone...

Seems perfectly clear to me.

Sure wish I knew what the heck was going on at NH Plaza. Anybody notice if they are getting close to opening the new grocery in the old Crescent Market space?

23. Default Re: Chica's Closed at Nichols Hills Plaza - Reopening in April As Iguana

Chica's was sold to Mason and Painter and they're reopening the restaurant as a second location for the Iguana.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Vague post
    That's all I know. The post was intended to generate discussion.

They have began cleaning up the place and hope to be open in 6 to 8 weeks. .going to be a Iguana "CAFE" more ala carte than the other IGUANA. Sounds promising and I am sure the food will be great as always.. Iguana is one of my Favorite places to eat and am there about once a week at least so will be nice to have another option even though both are close to home.

Thread Information