No particular order, because I love them all -

Cock-o-the-walk
    Ron's sausage chili cheeseburger
    Earl's Cheddar Burger
    Irma's no-name burger
    Johnnie's #3
    Beverly's Big Bev
    Goldie's special

OKC really has become hamburger heaven, especially since Ron's came here. Be sure to use Melinda's XXXX habenero sauce on the chili cheeseburger

Default Re: Best burgers in Oklahoma?

Jimbo, you need to try Nic's and Spinozi's then.

I work at a software company and many of our people travel a fair bit for installations. The hands down best burger, not in the state, but in the US, according to them is the one at Nic's. It's incredibly good.

Ron's is decent.
    McNellies has a decent burger.
    Bunnies is good.
    J&W Grill in Chickasha is probably #2 on my list.
    Nic's wins. Hands down wins.

OK, where are Nic's and Spinozi's?

I forgot Sid's Diner in El Reno...great onion burger.

Quote Originally Posted by RealJimbo View Post

I agree, Nic's burger is good, but Sids, Roberts or Johnnies in El Reno have been making awesome burgers, onion or otherwise, for a long time. I have a feeling that if either of the those places had a location in OKC, they would be just as popular as Nics or the others.

Quote Originally Posted by RealJimbo View Post

nics is on the northwest corner of 11th and penn it is greatness ..

I second (or technically 6th or 7th) Nics. My husband and I tried for the first time last week and OMG! We got there about 12:30 and had a little bit of a line. The wait was about 10-15 minutes but the man in front of us was really friendly. He said he had been going there for about 10 yrs. Nic was nice and who ever said to be greedy and get lots of napkins wasn't kidding but it was soooo good plus the fries were just as awesome! Admittedly though if you're claustrophobic it might be better to get it to go. Although we thought we heard Nic mention to some doctors at the other end of the counter that he was hoping to expand into the yard next to the building.

Nic's sounds good. I'll have to go. That's near the Hungry Frog, yes?

yes, it's about a block north of there on Penn.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly831 View Post
    I second (or technically 6th or 7th) Nics. My husband and I tried for the first time last week and OMG! We got there about 12:30 and had a little bit of a line. The wait was about 10-15 minutes but the man in front of us was really friendly. He said he had been going there for about 10 yrs. Nic was nice and who ever said to be greedy and get lots of napkins wasn't kidding but it was soooo good plus the fries were just as awesome! Admittedly though if you're claustrophobic it might be better to get it to go. Although we thought we heard Nic mention to some doctors at the other end of the counter that he was hoping to expand into the yard next to the building.
    Ive talked to Nic, he won't be expanding. He doesn't want to hire more help and the grill isnt big enough to allow for more customers

Best burgers in Oklahoma? The burgers right off my grill :-)

I live in Tulsa, but whenever I go to OKC, I usually dont get burgers, but I have had Stumpys at Bricktown, not too bad, I want to try Bricktown burgers, but they seem to be closed when Im there.

But as far as Tulsa goes, there is only a competition for 2nd best, because the best you will ever eat is at Hardens at 4th & Sheridan.
    the contenders are:
    Hanks
    Bills
    Linda Mars in west Tulsa
    Happy Burger in Sapulpa, old Rt 66 icon

and because its a national chain, I can only give honorable mention, but Hooters makes a tasty burger

I cant believe that I forgot Webers, Thats one of my regular lunch rotations, and Clauds too

I don't know if this place still exists so if you're from there, let me know.

When I was in middle school we went to go play Deer Creek in football. On the NE corner of MacArthur and NW 206th St. there was a little gas station/cafe. I don't know what it was about their simple plain burgers, but they just hit the spot. Makes my mouth water thinking about them! This was 18 years ago.

I just looked at Google maps and it appears to be a bbq joint.

I didn't read the whole thread so it may have been mentioned but Interurban in Norman has a burger with honey-pepper bacon that takes the prize for me (they also have the best club sandwich I've ever had). My previous favorite would have been the No-Name Burger at Irma's.

avoid Mike's Onion burgers off Nw expressway and rockwell. Very greasy, made me sick.

Had a Charcoal Oven bacon cheeseburger today. I'd forgotten how much I like them.

19. Default Re: Best burgers in Oklahoma?

Like what I've read here...maybe not the best but.

Dan's ol' time diner on sw80th(ish) and western. Awwwesome fried onion burgers and don't tell anyone I said this but, good fries too. Obviously nothing compared to drunken fry fries haha.

Oh and lots of REALLY cool coke collectables, about a dozen old timey coke dispenser from 1940's on and bottles of every make and occasion. It's a fun timeline to follow, from pull tabs to the glass bottles of the 80's and beyond.

when was the last time you went to dan's?

over the last few years, i think the quality has gone way down. the last time i went, maybe a year ago, i felt the burger just didn't taste good at all... completely dry and tasteless. unless they improve, i won't go back.

sad, really... 'cause at their prime they really did make a great burger. -M

Hamburger King Shawnee, Ok. You poor souls who voted bk and braums.

K&N Grill in the Union Plaza building - basement. Ken makes a truly awesome burger and fries.

My husband's cousin and his wife grew up in El Reno and now live in a suburb of Boise ID called Meridian. They just opened a version of Sid's Burgers (with Marty's help and blessing) in Meridian called Take and Shake Burgers last week. They are doing incredible business so if you are ever in Boise you can now taste one of the best burgers in Oklahoma.

VZDs at NW 42nd & Western
    Irma's no-name burger
    Earl's BBQ has a huge and tasty, well seasoned burger!
    Barry's (?) Old fashioned burger place near NW 29th & May
    MMMMM

I will add one more to this list:

Electro Lounge the long time hipster hangout on N. May in the office building across from Best Buy is now a bar/burger joint and the burgers are delicious.

My long time favorite in OKC has been Nic's and in my opinion Electro has a burger that competes with Nic's. They serve the classic grilled burger but they also serve unique variations of it. In addition to this they also offer slider versions of the burgers so if you're not in the mood for a huge burger you can get a mini version.

Thread Information