Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sauced on Paseo

Default Re: Sauced on Paseo

There is currently a 6-Alarm kitchen fire in the Paseo District. I’m not sure of which restaurant it is. OKC Fire Twitter doesn't state which restaurant. States small kitchen fire. https://twitter.com/OKCFD/status/1628125679299489792

Not Sauced. I had friends who went tonight, and they loved the pizza!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Sunday around 5:30 PM.
    it'll be neat to see these drone shots when the street enhancements start. I might move to another neighborhood to avoid all the construction noise and issues

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    There is currently a 6-Alarm kitchen fire in the Paseo District. I’m not sure of which restaurant it is. OKC Fire Twitter doesn't state which restaurant. States small kitchen fire. https://twitter.com/OKCFD/status/1628125679299489792

It might have been frida as there was a bunch of work/commotion going on there yesterday when i got home from work. Their dumpster also caught on fire a week or so ago lol

Quote Originally Posted by josefromtulsa View Post
    It might have been frida as there was a bunch of work/commotion going on there yesterday when i got home from work. Their dumpster also caught on fire a week or so ago lol
    Nearest to 30th/Walker (original tweet) would be Daiquiri Lounge, Red Rooster, Burger Punk.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Nearest to 30th/Walker (original tweet) would be Daiquiri Lounge, Red Rooster, Burger Punk.
    It was a small kitchen fire at Frida, sounds like it wasn't major and won't force them to close down long if at all.

Yes, Frida.

And they are already open.

Is Sauced already open? I know Pete's post says next week, but I keep seeing a ton of friends posting on social media how they have eaten there the last 3 days, including a couple today.

They’re technically in a soft-opening period. So, limited menu while they work out the kinks.

I'm thankful it wasn't anything real major.

Went last night. They had a limited pizza menu but pretty much all of everything else. It's definitely different than old Sauced, and while I love old Sauced, that's not necessarily a bad thing. Everything was very good (try the vegan pizza rolls - even if you're not vegan - so good) and operationally they seemed to be in great shape - even while dealing with the GM opening the restaurant breaking his shoulder a couple of days ago and multiple heavily armed sheriffs coming in to do a surprise ABLE "inspection" in the middle of prime time dinner service (the ridiculousness of which is probably a good topic of conversation for another thread). Staff was friendly and knowledgeable and food came out timely and hot.

^^OMG. Ridiculous

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    ^^OMG. Ridiculous
    If you’re old enough, brings back memories of DA Curtis Harris raiding the Paseo for pot and hippies

Quote Originally Posted by Mott View Post
    If you’re old enough, brings back memories of DA Curtis Harris raiding the Paseo for pot and hippies
    Now that name is a blast from the past. LOL. I remember very well when a touring production of the musical HAIR came to OKC and he threatened to make arrests if there was any nudity on stage. In this day and age, it's hard to believe he was a democrat. That was when you had to be a democrat to win an election. Voting against him was the only time in my life I have ever voted for a Republican.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by unfundedrick View Post
    Now that name is a blast from the past. LOL. I remember very well when a touring production of the musical HAIR came to OKC and he threatened to make arrests if there was any nudity on stage. In this day and age, it's hard to believe he was a democrat. That was when you had to be a democrat to win an election. Voting against him was the only time in my life I have ever voted for a Republican.
    And lot’s not forget, he busted the bar car steward for serving drinks on Amtrak passing thur Oklahoma. Not to give him credit, have an old Santa Fe bar menu, and each state had it own laws for alcohol listed, what levels, 3.2 for OK, and when the bar car could be open. As the trains went west the bar was open for all alcoholic drinks, and everyday past Texas.

Sauced if officially open! Grabbed some takeout and it was very tasty!

Just ate lunch there and it was very good. The vegan pizza rolls were excellent. You can’t tell they are vegan at all. The pizza was great as well and, based on this one experience, I’d say it gives Empire a run for its money.

Just tried it this (Monday) evening. Patio was packed but there was available seating inside. The bar next door was pretty full too. Excellent pizza and excellent, fast service. Definitely going back.

Quietly open for about a week, the new Sauced is starting to hit its stride in the Paseo.

Now open from 7 AM to midnight every day (with the kitchen operating right up until closing), the Paseo District favorite has been beautifully renovated and expanded.

The menu features favorites such as whole pies or pizza by the slice (see daily slice offerings) but has also added coffee and breakfast items and has greatly expanded its bar program.

The new setup (beginning Monday) involves ordering food at the counter, grabbing your number and then the food is brought to you along with table service for alcohol orders. Also plenty of grab-and-go items.

In addition to lots of local beers and craft cocktails, you can also order pitchers of beer and frozen Bellinis on tap.

You'll also find everything you'd want in a full coffee shop as well as kolaches, breakfast burritos, and pizza rolls (regular and vegan).

Sauced is aiming to be an all-day, everyday hangout where you can slide into one of the comfortable booths, sit at the beautiful new bar, or grab a chair on the partially-covered patio.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Quietly open for about a week, the new Sauced is starting to hit its stride in the Paseo
    my bedroom window has a direct view of sauced and I can attest they seem to be doing very well and its active most of the week. With the spring the activity around here is really starting to pick up.

I stopped by the past weekend. Their dough is a little sweet. I enjoyed it.

https://saucedpaseo.com/

This website needs a menu, at a minimum.

Phone number and hours too

Quote Originally Posted by Bits_Of_Real_Panther View Post
    https://saucedpaseo.com/

This website needs a menu, at a minimum.

Phone number and hours too
    Agreed, it's not 2012 anymore, pathetic. Their menu is on FB, but not everybody's on FB (gasp, shock). We haven't been, might go this weekend, but not expecting much since almost every Yelp reviewer that had been to the old Sauced says the new version isn't even close to how good the old one was.

Agreed, it's not 2012 anymore, pathetic. Their menu is on FB, but not everybody's on FB (gasp, shock). We haven't been, might go this weekend, but not expecting much since almost every Yelp reviewer that had been to the old Sauced says the new version isn't even close to how good the old one was.
    Can confirm, finally gave them a chance last week and will not be going back. Disappointing because it would be nice to have a good late-night food place in the Paseo, but New Sauced is missing the “good” part of that equation.

Your obsessive hatred of this place is nothing less than bizarre.

Thread Information