Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: City Garden (formerly Bleu Garten)

Default Re: Bleu Garten

Quote Originally Posted by jrod View Post
    Food truck/local brewery dinner. Each truck produces a course, paired with the brewery's beers. My wife and I went to a couple events like this in Cleveland that were amazing.
    Great Lakes BC brewmaster dinner??

Quote Originally Posted by Chadanth View Post
    I really appreciate your vision, and look forward to seeing come to fruition. Kudos.
    Thank you very much. It's been a ton of work, and a hell of a gamble. It's all up to Downtown Design Review Committee now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HWheat View Post
    Thank you very much. It's been a ton of work, and a hell of a gamble. It's all up to Downtown Design Review Committee now.

I know as am entrepreneur it feels like a gamble, but i cannot for the life of me imagine this not being financially viable. The winter will be tough, but you have a great concept and a great location. The city could use more people with your outlook. Best of luck, see you this summer!

Regarding the winter months, I've heard the Holiday Pop-up Shops will be moving to the lot directly west of Bleu Garten and that MidtownR has purchased a huge Christmas tree that will be featured there.

So, you get a real synergy between this project and the shops and at the same time create more opportunities for fall and winter events.

And remember, 1101 and 1100 N. Broadway will both bring a lot more office workers to the area when they are leased out in the very near future.

Really, this couldn't be in a better location.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Regarding the winter months, I've heard the Holiday Pop-up Shops will be moving to the lot directly west of Bleu Garten and that MidtownR has purchased a huge Christmas tree that will be featured there.

So, you get a real synergy between this project and the shops and at the same time create more opportunities for fall and winter events.

And remember, 1101 and 1100 N. Broadway will both bring a lot more office workers to the area when they are leased out in the very near future.

Really, this couldn't be in a better location.
    That'll be a better location for the pop ups. 10th street is getting good!

Ha I would love that, but can't break the law.

We do want to have an outdoor ping pong table, chess boards, and giant jinga! Anything else that you think would be fun to play?

I'm sure there's a way to make it fun and well within legal boundaries.

Prizes, Entrance fees (that give vouchers for food).

Blog Entries

Don't forget the law school. Those kids will definitely be walking here at lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    I'm sure there's a way to make it fun and well within legal boundaries.

Prizes, Entrance fees (that give vouchers for food).
    That's an idea we can play with. I know it's something we would have to get full written permission from the city.

At the very least we can make Rounders one of the summer movies!?

What are the too films that would make for the perfect summer.

We were thinking some Wes Anderson films, Rounders, The Big Lebowski, Blues Brothers, Office Space, Animal House, Pulp Fiction- any suggestions?

One thing we are wanting to do. When I was in Portland Oregon, they had something called The Lebowski March. We were thinking of having a Lebowski pub crawl! It's where participating bars give specials to patrons dressed as a Lebowski characters. In the end the patron ends the night at Bleu Garten for a screening of The Big Lebowski and a White Russian.

We could do this theme with a ton of cult classics.

That's an idea we can play with. I know it's something we would have to get full written permission from the city.

At the very least we can make Rounders one of the summer movies!?

What are the too films that would make for the perfect summer.

We were thinking some Wes Anderson films, Rounders, The Big Lebowski, Blues Brothers, Office Space, Animal House, Pulp Fiction- any suggestions?

One thing we are wanting to do. When I was in Portland Oregon, they had something called The Lebowski March. We were thinking of having a Lebowski pub crawl! It's where participating bars give specials to patrons dressed as a Lebowski characters. In the end the patron ends the night at Bleu Garten for a screening of The Big Lebowski and a White Russian.

We could do this theme with a ton of cult classics.

Is this a 21+ venue? If not, I would suspect it would be far more difficult to get permission to show an R-rated movie than host a faux-poker tournament. Not that either one would be impossible, but God help your soul if the wrong person walked in during a showing of Rounder's.

Clerks!!!! What a great movie to watch while sitting there talking to your friends.

You can always get the edited version of any R-rated movie.

Also, what about smoking? Since this will be largely outdoors it probably will be allowed but here's a vote for making the whole venue smoke-free.

Our movies will be 21+ since we will be serving alcohol. The worry is teens sitting in the dark bringing in their own alcohol.

Public safety always falls in our #1 priority.

Starting around 9 pm every night Bleu Garten will be 21+.

This does not mean it's a party, it's just a way to control the safety.

As far as smoking, we are still debating.

"We believe that business is good because it creates value, it is ethical because it is based on voluntary exchange, it is noble because it can elevate our existence and it is heroic because it lifts people out of poverty and creates prosperity. Free enterprise capitalism is the most powerful system for social cooperation and human progress ever conceived. It is one of the most compelling ideas we humans have ever had. But we can aspire to even more."- John Mackey

Depending on what area around it you can enter onto, I would definitely recommend no smoking then have an area outside of the gates to the north or west for people to smoke. Is there going to be dedicated parking for this to start or is it just find a spot and walk down?

My "vote": No smoking.

Ditto ^^^

15. Default Re: Bleu Garten

No smoking, please.

I would think you would upset more people having smoking allowed than if you said it was to be non-smoking. Smokers have gotten used to not being able to smoke in certain areas. I really hope Oklahoma moves to not allowing smoking in all restaurants and bars in the near future, but that is for another thread at another time.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    I would think you would upset more people having smoking allowed than if you said it was to be non-smoking. Smokers have gotten used to not being able to smoke in certain areas. I really hope Oklahoma moves to not allowing smoking in all restaurants and bars in the near future, but that is for another thread at another time.
    I think you have a very valid point.

"We believe that business is good because it creates value, it is ethical because it is based on voluntary exchange, it is noble because it can elevate our existence and it is heroic because it lifts people out of poverty and creates prosperity. Free enterprise capitalism is the most powerful system for social cooperation and human progress ever conceived. It is one of the most compelling ideas we humans have ever had. But we can aspire to even more."- John Mackey

I think you have a very valid point.

Not to mention that there is still going to be a massive empty lot surrounding this. I'm sure if smoking is not allowed inside, people will be able to find some where else nearby to do it.

I would vote no on smoking.

20. Default Re: Bleu Garten

I vote the only smoking allowed involves huge hunks of meat and hardwood.

21. Default Re: Bleu Garten

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    I vote the only smoking allowed involves huge hunks of meat and hardwood.
    I believe that everyone is right. No smoking at Bleu Garten... Unless it's meat!

I believe that everyone is right. No smoking at Bleu Garten... Unless it's meat!

Nice! I love that you are taking the input and really appreciate it. Plus, with all the motors for the food in the food trucks, there will already be plenty of polution in the area...

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Nice! I love that you are taking the input and really appreciate it. Plus, with all the motors for the food in the food trucks, there will already be plenty of polution in the area...
    He's providing electric for the trucks so no motors will be running.

25. Default Re: Bleu Garten

Thread Information