Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Spark

Blog Entries

Default Re: Spark

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    not to derail the thread... but, was it worth the trip? it's been on my 'list' for a while now.
    As an FYI, if you stay a night at Price Tower (def worth it), you get a free behind the scenes tour the public doesn't get. Worth it for that alone.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    As an FYI, if you stay a night at Price Tower (def worth it), you get a free behind the scenes tour the public doesn't get. Worth it for that alone.
    That must've been something that they started after we stayed there. We did do a tour the previous time we visited, but it was just the normal tour.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Have you ever had Jared's in Bartlesville? It's the best I have ever.
    The custard they have at Spark and the dairy is from Marak Family Farms here in OK.... and it was high up there with some of the best I've had FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    The custard they have at Spark and the dairy is from Marak Family Farms here in OK.... and it was high up there with some of the best I've had FWIW.
    We'll definitely try Spark's just because it's here in the city, thx. Have never found any that's the consistency and richness, as well as had the inventive combinations, of Kopp's, but it's not like we're on a quest for the best frozen custard, we haven't searched really hard, just tried the usual suspects (Culver's, Freddy's, etc.).

5. Default Re: Spark

Marak's is my go to when I'm making homemade cheese.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    That must've been something that they started after we stayed there. We did do a tour the previous time we visited, but it was just the normal tour.
    This was years ago, maybe it's something they stopped. Or maybe I'm mistaken. I just remember being in a part where they said this is not on the public tour.

Went before the Lakers game. Was there a little after 5 wasn't very busy. Neither was the park though because of the weather. Was hoping this would be my go to spot before the thunder game but I wasn't blown away. Don't get me the burgers were great but pricey. I understand cause of their location it's going to be pricey but if I'm spending over $7 for a burger i need something bigger than a 1/4 pounder. Also $3 for fries that tasted like hot dogs. Yeah they tasted like hot dogs. Not sure if they are using the same fryer for their corn dogs bits and fries but I suspect that they are. 2 burgers 1 order of fries 2 drinks and 20% tip was just under $29. Just didn't seem like a good value. I know given their location it's going to be expensive but I'll take the street car up to S&B burger joint before weekday games and get more bang for my buck. Not sure what specials they currently have but they used to have $7 burger and fries on Tuesdays. Will I go back to sparks. Probably. I do want to try their shakes and their burgers were good and if I'm at the park yeah but I also won't go out of my way.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Went before the Lakers game. Was there a little after 5 wasn't very busy. Neither was the park though because of the weather. Was hoping this would be my go to spot before the thunder game but I wasn't blown away. Don't get me the burgers were great but pricey. I understand cause of their location it's going to be pricey but if I'm spending over $7 for a burger i need something bigger than a 1/4 pounder. Also $3 for fries that tasted like hot dogs. Yeah they tasted like hot dogs. Not sure if they are using the same fryer for their corn dogs bits and fries but I suspect that they are. 2 burgers 1 order of fries 2 drinks and 20% tip was just under $29. Just didn't seem like a good value. I know given their location it's going to be expensive but I'll take the street car up to S&B burger joint before weekday games and get more bang for my buck. Not sure what specials they currently have but they used to have $7 burger and fries on Tuesdays. Will I go back to sparks. Probably. I do want to try their shakes and their burgers were good and if I'm at the park yeah but I also won't go out of my way.
    That's pretty much the exact same pricing as Tucker's and S&B's (barring a special night), both of which I'd put in the same category....

That's pretty much the exact same pricing as Tucker's and S&B's (barring a special night), both of which I'd put in the same category....
    Pretty sure S&B's standard burgers are 1/3 lb, and their specialty ones are 1/2 lb, though, so not the same value if the Spark burger truly is 1/4 lb.

Now that your brought it up yeah it's pretty much a Tuckers downtown. S&B I think has slightly bigger burgers and they do run specials more or at least they used too.

Now that your brought it up yeah it's pretty much a Tuckers downtown. S&B I think has slightly bigger burgers and they do run specials more or at least they used too.
    I enjoyed it, but it is indeed pricey. The burger I got seemed much smaller than a Tuckers. Cost wise Tuckers is at least 10% less for my usual order, more so if I remember to use the Keep It Local card.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Nope, been in Bartlesville twice, but never knew about it, doubt we'll be there again to try it, though - we never get up that way for anything and now that we've stayed in Price Tower, not much need to go there again. Ever had any frozen custard from any place in Milwaukee (the experts in the country, apparently) to compare?
    Sorry, I don't. Wish I did. The Milwaukee area is on my list to visit.

Blog Entries

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211028_185756.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	17189

Incidentally, had gone to S&B last night, so here are current prices for comparison.

I went to the park on Saturday and gave Spark a try, I ended up having the BLC Spark and was not disappointed. Gonna be hard to be creative and try something else on future visits.

Blog Entries

I've had a chicken sandwich and the acai bowl, both of which were good.

And the view is great.
    https://twitter.com/shawn_dubs/statu...91016242139144

I was there around lunchtime on Saturday, and there was a bit of a line that extended out into the park a ways. Probably was a 20 minute wait or so, so they moved us through at a decent clip. By the time I ate and left it had calmed down.

Blog Entries

when the line gets long they have someone going through it as well with an order pad like how chick-fil-a does it. they take your number and text you when it's ready. haven't had to wait TOO terribly long yet to order at least. also if you forget to check your phone they'll eventually come find you with your food.

I'm very glad to hear they have been experiencing strong business.

The park is getting ready for the holidays, which will bring lots of people down there.

Then by spring and summer, I bet they have large crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'm very glad to hear they have been experiencing strong business.

The park is getting ready for the holidays, which will bring lots of people down there.

Then by spring and summer, I bet they have large crowds.
    We went Friday night around 7:00, and there wasn't an empty seat inside (it was cold and windy, or we would have sat outside). They're going to do very well.

Bumping this up. What's everyone thoughts. Honestly I haven't been back since the first open I have just been going else where before Thunder games for now.

Bumping this up. What's everyone thoughts. Honestly I haven't been back since the first open I have just been going else where before Thunder games for now.
    I've been three times now, and have had the Spark burger, BLC burger and the chicken sandwich. The consensus has been for us that it's a great feature to have in the park, and is a quick and easy spot to grab food before a Thunder game or at events at the park, but it won't be a place that we go out of our way to eat at unless we're in the area. It's good, but OKC is saturated with burgers and I think there are better options out there.

That being said, the custard is one of the best I've ever had.

By next spring and summer when even more people are packing the park, I bet this place is always going to be packed.

I've been three times now, and have had the Spark burger, BLC burger and the chicken sandwich. The consensus has been for us that it's a great feature to have in the park, and is a quick and easy spot to grab food before a Thunder game or at events at the park, but it won't be a place that we go out of our way to eat at unless we're in the area. It's good, but OKC is saturated with burgers and I think there are better options out there.

That being said, the custard is one of the best I've ever had.
    Where you been Parking for Thunder games. I try to get down there around 5:30 so I can go get something to eat. Sometime 5 if I want to take the street car to midtown. I always check around sparks and never can find a spot at all along the street. So I usually park NW Gardens either take that street car or walk a block to the other corner and take that street car to bricktown to grab a bit.

24. Default Re: Spark

I went Sunday after the park's Hanukkah light program. Spark was busy, and after I sat down there was a line out the door. Mayor Holt was there as well having dinner with his family. I had the chicken sandwich and fries, no complaints here. The view is great too, as Shawn mentioned above

25. Default Re: Spark

Where you been Parking for Thunder games. I try to get down there around 5:30 so I can go get something to eat. Sometime 5 if I want to take the street car to midtown. I always check around sparks and never can find a spot at all along the street. So I usually park NW Gardens either take that street car or walk a block to the other corner and take that street car to bricktown to grab a bit.
    We live relatively close to downtown, so we typically Uber down.

Thread Information