Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Chelino's

1. Default Re: Chelino's

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    Good info. You wouldn't happen to know which ones are owned by which family member would you? I'd be interested to see if the ownership is the same or different on the ones I like better.
    Meridian - Jesus "Chuy" Garcia
    El Reno - Raul Garcia
    Robinson - Juan Garcia
    Norman and 10904 North May - Armando Garcia
    All Other Locations - Marcelino "Chelino" Garcia

The 5900 N May location is closing and relocating to the Henry Hudson building.... Scheduled open date is Nov 1 but that may not happen.

Default Re: Chelino's

We lived in Reed Park and drove down to south Walker location several times just for take out. It was prety good. Again, that was in the early 90's, so not sure how it is today.

We used to frequent the one at Hefner and May but finally had to stop because it wasn't always clean (one's shoes should never stick to the floor) and the food quality was wildly uneven. The one on NW Expy in the old Nino's is better but they should spend a few $$ to fix the parking lot. Haven't eaten at the one in Bricktown recently but it used to be really good.

This is the old Henry Hudson's just east of Western and north of 63rd.

5. Default Re: Chelino's

^^^^^^^
    That was always such a really, really strange location.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    Meridian - Jesus "Chuy" Garcia
    El Reno - Raul Garcia
    Robinson - Juan Garcia
    Norman and 10904 North May - Armando Garcia
    All Other Locations - Marcelino "Chelino" Garcia

The 5900 N May location is closing and relocating to the Henry Hudson building.... Scheduled open date is Nov 1 but that may not happen.
    New sign up at the 5900 N May location says "Coming Soon - Armando's", keeping it in the family, I guess.

Oh wow that color.

The are open at 6728 N. Olie... Just east of West off Western and north of NW 63rd -- the bright aqua building a few posts up.

I had posted a new thread about my recent trip to the new Armando's, but it seems to have disappeared.

Save yourself the trouble. The only thing new, is a few tables and they had painted over the founders portraits on the north wall. Their food is not as good in my humble opinion. The complimentary chips and salsa are unchanged, save the sauce is more bland. .

The food was nothing to write home about. . And apparently not worthy of a new thread here. . .

Quote Originally Posted by whorton View Post
    I had posted a new thread about my recent trip to the new Armando's, but it seems to have disappeared.
    It's here: http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=43947

Thanks for the heads up Pete!

I passed by there today. I looks like the signage is down. Have they closed already?

It wouldn't surprise me. That location has poor visibility and Chelino's is not the best Mexican food in town. I mean, it's better than El Chico, but I would put it on the lower tier when it comes to Tex-Mex, below even Ted's.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me. That location has poor visibility and Chelino's is not the best Mexican food in town. I mean, it's better than El Chico, but I would put it on the lower tier when it comes to Tex-Mex, below even Ted's.
    I guess it's one of those different strokes for different folks. There's a line waiting to get a table at Ted's everytime we go. I think food is one of those things that I take opinions about with a grain of salt. I might love something you hate and the other way around.

...below even ted's.
    ......lol!

If you're from anywhere with good Mexican food, you don't like Chelino's or Ted's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cotter View Post
    If you're from anywhere with good Mexican food, you don't like Chelino's or Ted's.
    Yep. Went to El Tiempo in Houston last weekend and was reminded how far we have to go. Barrio's beef fajitas are the only one's that I've had here that are close.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blue Sky View Post
    I guess it's one of those different strokes for different folks. There's a line waiting to get a table at Ted's everytime we go. I think food is one of those things that I take opinions about with a grain of salt. I might love something you hate and the other way around.
    Ted's is popular but popular doesn't mean its great. It's not the worst I've had either. I would say it's about average for Oklahoma. I go to Ted's with my family because that's where they insist on going but I never suggest it otherwise.

Ted's is popular but popular doesn't mean its great. It's not the worst I've had either. I would say it's about average for Oklahoma. I go to Ted's with my family because that's where they insist on going but I never suggest it otherwise.
    I could not agree more. Ted's is very popular for some reason. it is good, but not great...but on the other hand....I like them all, so what do I know. just because somebody does not like the place, does not mean it is a bad place of course....It is to that person I guess...to somebody else it is the best! To me (not that anybody cares) Chelinos is just OK, I like Teds better, and it's OK, Abuelos is OK, the two I like the best is a place call Ables, on NW 50th... boy is it good, and Green Chile Kitchen in Yukon. The only Mexican joint I don't like is a place in Piedmont, can't remember the name, their ground beef in nothing but mush! and the food in my opinion is just not good.

thank you

20. Default Re: Chelino's

Quote Originally Posted by Just Retired View Post
    I passed by there today. I looks like the signage is down. Have they closed already?
    Spoke with corporate and they are still open.

21. Default Re: Chelino's

Quote Originally Posted by sgt. pepper View Post
    just because somebody does not like the place, does not mean it is a bad place of course....It is to that person I guess...to somebody else it is the best!
    Wish more people would adopt this attitude.

no joke...

Ted's is popular but popular doesn't mean its great. ...
    Ha, my dad used to try to make me think Billy Sims BBQ was really good because of all the Cox and AT&T trucks in the parking lot...

Quote Originally Posted by sgt. pepper View Post
    Ted's is very popular for some reason. it is good, but not great...
    I think the popularity of Ted's is because it is quite a bit better than the kind of Mexican food you used to find around here. It really is pretty good compared to places like El Chico, Don Pablo, that one that was in the lower level of Crossroads Mall that I forget the name of, On The Border, etc.

that one that was in the lower level of Crossroads Mall that I forget the name of
    through most of its run it was el fenix but finished up as a monterey jack's

Thread Information