Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Car Spotting in OKC

Default Re: Car Spotting in OKC

I just discovered this thread. There are some VERY nice cars around the metro. I'll have to start posting pics of the ones I see. A while back, there was a Ferrari parked out in front of the Skirvin. It made me wonder, "Where did that come from? Do people reallly take road trips in their Ferraris?" I couldn't imagine anyone taking a trip of any major distance, so I assumed the owner must have been from Tulsa or maybe Dallas. Or maybe it beonged to someone local who was at the Skirvin for dinner or a business meeting. Who knows?

Edited to add: Oops...I forgot to mention the nicely restored 1967 Corvair that was parked in our parking garage yesterday.

I've seen several of the cars posted around as well, and know quite a few of the owners from Cars n Coffee meetings. My neighbor just bought a new Granturismo Maserati. I'm not really a fan, but my 3 year old always says "cool Car" every time he backs out of the driveway...So, I guess its cool. I just know that if I'm going to spend that much money on a non vintage car...I would rather buy a year or two old Ferrari/Lamborghini. But to each there own. I guess I'm just bitter because he's not even a car guy.

TaoMaas,
    I worked for a company, Woods Corporation and Roy Woods the founder used to go to Palm Springs quite often to golf and he always flew (probably private jet), but he wanted his Cadillac Eldorado to drive, so they loaded it on a flatcar and the car went by rail. Now admittedly, the main thing Woods Corporation did was pick up cars at the railheads and deliver them to dealers in the Southwest so they did have an in with the railroads. I know some people have their Harleys shipped to Sturgis, SD., because they didn't want to ride that far.
    C. T.
    Quote Originally Posted by TaoMaas View Post
    A while back, there was a Ferrari parked out in front of the Skirvin. It made me wonder, "Where did that come from? Do people reallly take road trips in their Ferraris?" I couldn't imagine anyone taking a trip of any major distance, so I assumed the owner must have been from Tulsa or maybe Dallas. Or maybe it beonged to someone local who was at the Skirvin for dinner or a business meeting. Who knows?

Edited to add: Oops...I forgot to mention the nicely restored 1967 Corvair that was parked in our parking garage yesterday.

4. Default Re: Car Spotting in OKC

Any car collectors here on this forum. As in vintage cars? I'd love to be able to buy and restore old cars but being the product of a single mom, I can barely change my own oil.

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    Any car collectors here on this forum. As in vintage cars? I'd love to be able to buy and restore old cars but being the product of a single mom, I can barely change my own oil.
    I would consider myself an avid collector. I don't have a warehouse full of pristine collector cars or anything, but at any given time, I'll have 3 or 4. A few that are fully restored, that I drive to car shows, and on nice days, with the intention of catching someones interest with the hopes of a sale. And then I might have another that I'm in the process of restoring. Its just a hobby for me...but, definitely where my true passion lies.

6. Default Re: Car Spotting in OKC

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
    I would consider myself an avid collector. I don't have a warehouse full of pristine collector cars or anything, but at any given time, I'll have 3 or 4. A few that are fully restored, that I drive to car shows, and on nice days, with the intention of catching someones interest with the hopes of a sale. And then I might have another that I'm in the process of restoring. Its just a hobby for me...but, definitely where my true passion lies.
    I'm jealous. My father-in-law restores old classic trucks and I'm always in awe.

The closest I came was when I found this Roadrunner Galaxie electric car. My only accomplishment was convincing the DMV to tag it so it would be street legal - which was quite the fight.

My mechanical ability is so inept that I recently sold it for fear it would break down and simply become a door stop in my garage because I wouldn't know how to fix it.

This is a video we shot of it when we were selling it....

7. Default Re: Car Spotting in OKC

I would be. But my wife won't let me. Stupid financial responsibility crap!

I told her that I would just have the cheap, weird stuff. Like a Corvair wagon and a 442...Wagon. But she still won't go for it.

/I love wagons
    //That Roadrunner Galaxie is pretty awesome too

I want to buy a 1937 Duesenberg J Type

Really bad ass semi truck that--if you look closely--you can see a tribute to the fallen in 9/11

This photo was taken by Ryan Ford. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...0184970&type=1

Saw this pull out in front of me, while heading to work this morning. Thought of this thread, so I took a quick pic to share.

McLaren 12C (Sorry for the crappy pic)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mclaren.jpg 
Views:	387 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	9350  

beautiful!

Every once in a while in the downtown area, I see what I think is a silver BMW Z8. I've only seen it in traffic and haven't been able to get a good picture of it, but it looks like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	z8-car.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	131.8 KB 
ID:	9365

14. Default Re: Car Spotting in OKC

I've got some shots of a Z8 running at Hallett. Silver with a black top.

Prunepicker Guest

Has anyone seen this awesome vehicle cruising the streets of
    OKC.

Hey, that's my ride! 1931 Ford Model A Deluxe Coupe. Yes,
    that's the original color. Most don't realize that Black was an
    option for the Model A in 1928.

16. Default Re: Car Spotting in OKC

Every once in a while in the downtown area, I see what I think is a silver BMW Z8. I've only seen it in traffic and haven't been able to get a good picture of it, but it looks like this:

Here you go:

17. Default Re: Car Spotting in OKC

Snapped this while at the Audi Dealership friday

Audi R8

Name:	IMG_20141024_161314.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	866.8 KB 
ID:	9367

My Miata looks just about as good while not being near as costly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    My Miata looks just about as good while not being near as costly.

Yeah...about the way KD and I play basketball alike. lol And I say that as someone who dearly loves Miatas and who only recently traded his off after 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    Snapped this while at the Audi Dealership friday

Audi R8

Name:	IMG_20141024_161314.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	866.8 KB 
ID:	9367
    I drove a 2009 R8 two summers ago. Really nice car.

21. Default Re: Car Spotting in OKC

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I drove a 2009 R8 two summers ago. Really nice car.
    I was there getting my wife her new car and tried to negotaite a test drive in the deal but that fell on deaf ears

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    I was there getting my wife her new car and tried to negotaite a test drive in the deal but that fell on deaf ears
    What did they say? I'm surprised they didn't let your wife test drive it.

23. Default Re: Car Spotting in OKC

Well we got her a Q7 but i wanted to give a little back off that deal to be able to test drive the R8 for fun. Bascially you have to be a real potential buyer to get near that drivers seat.

24. Default Re: Car Spotting in OKC

Name:	unnamed.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	9373

Saw this Lambo in Midwest City a few weeks ago..

Quote Originally Posted by Prunepicker View Post

Has anyone seen this awesome vehicle cruising the streets of
    OKC.

Hey, that's my ride! 1931 Ford Model A Deluxe Coupe. Yes,
    that's the original color. Most don't realize that Black was an
    option for the Model A in 1928.
    PP,
    I think I know the owner. He lives in Norman and I think is retired from Hertz. He used to drive it to work about once a month. He enjoys driving it, not just leaving it in the garage/storage, but letting people see his prize.
    C. T.

Thread Information