Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Steve is such a tease...

Default Re: Steve is such a tease...

Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideSooner View Post
    You could take responsibilty for maintenance and upkeep, you could take responsibility for security.....you could take responsibilty for providing transportation....
    taking responsibility for something isn't the same as taking ownership in it. need to be in a position overseeing peoples responsibility for ownership.

2. Default Re: Steve is such a tease...

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    Not if it's a downtown circular like Portland Streetcar.
    Our CBD is pretty small for something like this, IMO. We're talking like 5 blocks by 5 blocks that holds most everyone that's down here.

3. Default Re: Steve is such a tease...

You could fund/plan/implement something that is a catalyst to improvement & development (which is what MAPS was).

A Devon-funded downtown circular would certainly do that. Even if you don't think you would ride a streetcar from the Brick over to McNellie's for a couple bucks, the development that has been proven to accompany mass transit alone is something to get excited about.

4. Default Re: Steve is such a tease...

Quote Originally Posted by OKCMallen View Post
    Our CBD is pretty small for something like this, IMO. We're talking like 5 blocks by 5 blocks that holds most everyone that's down here.
    It's not just CBD. It involves Arts District, Bricktown, and A-Alley as well, according to Steve. And a circular could/should include Midtown and the Med. District as well.

5. Default Re: Steve is such a tease...

I'm logging off now. You'll be seeing my coverage soon.

6. Default Re: Steve is such a tease...

It's not just CBD. It involves Arts District, Bricktown, and A-Alley as well, according to Steve. And a circular could/should include Midtown and the Med. District as well.
    Gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I'm logging off now. You'll be seeing my coverage soon.
    get us talkin.........then just leave.......unfair.

8. Default Re: Steve is such a tease...

He's got to go write the article!

i hope he quotes me

Could be beautification related, too. All new streets/sidewalks courtesy DVN?

"Imagine if every plan and every dream could come true …"

-Steve's blog

12. Default Re: Steve is such a tease...

Solidification of a phase of C2S? Someone mentioned that ina comment on Steve;s blog.

So, what if this has to do with the Triangle?

Devon wants to make sure they're employees have good places to live and play downtown... where they work. So, a partnership with the Triangle would make sense. I think all the tags Steve posted would work.

14. Default Re: Steve is such a tease...

But how would the Triangle or C2S involve Bricktown, Arts District, CBD...?

I'm thinking the canal extension is definitely involved. A couple of months ago, someone from the Riverfront redevelopment Authority told me they had resumed discussion about finishing the canal. Here's what I'm thinking:

A canal extension that goes from Bricktown to Devon Tower, with stops at a new convention hotel and Core-to-Shore's proposed Central Park, which may be considered an addition to the Arts District. Of course, that doesn't take into account the Automobile Alley and housing tags, which is why I believe there will be some residential property constructed at the vacant lot on NW 13th and Broadway.

I'm also intrigued at the possibility of buses and light rail. Devon is definitely willing to spend some bucks on transportation, as they proved with the river boats. They may also do some beautification-type projects in the area: parking meters, public art, covered rail or bus stops... That's a good way a corporate entity could establish "ownership" of an area without a major land grab. If every bench, lightpole, railcar, and bus is plastered with the Devon logo, it will be Devon City even if they don't buy up every available property.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    "Imagine if every plan and every dream could come true …"

-Steve's blog
    This makes me think more on the lines of a fund that Devon would give to developers and entrepreneurs who have ideas for downtown... or something.

Of course, that comment sounds very Disney too.

"OKC... Where all your dreams can come true!"

17. Default Re: Steve is such a tease...

What about the mention of "education"?

That backs up my idea of a downtown circular including the Med. District and OUHSC.

18. Default Re: Steve is such a tease...

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    This makes me think more on the lines of a fund that Devon would give to developers and entrepreneurs who have ideas for downtown... or something.
    This occurred to me too, but it seems to abstract. It's got to be a little more concrete than that.

Ah, I forgot about the education thing... I've got no explanation for that, though it does back up the transportation theory.

This occurred to me too, but it seems to abstract. It's got to be a little more concrete than that.
    Yeah, but with all the districts mentioned it has to be abstract... unless it is a transit system that connects them all.

Which could make sense too.

I can't imagine them building another whole project to address all those tags, which would lend credence to the idea that they will help fund ideas already in place in some way.

With thousands of Devon workers downtown it would make sense that Devon would want there to be places for them to live downtown and play downtown too... which is lacking.

21. Default Re: Steve is such a tease...

OMG.

We're getting hills.

They're going to import them from cash-strapped Appalachians.

This town is going to be PIMP.

I think this is something that hinges on Saint Anthony and OU.

23. Default Re: Steve is such a tease...

Why St. Anthony?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. T in OKC View Post
    They are moving the Space Needle to OKC?
    You beat me to it. I was just now gonna say that. LOL! It would be a nice addition to the ferris wheel that Humphreys plans to put somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Oh GAWD the Smell! View Post
    OMG.

We're getting hills.

They're going to import them from cash-strapped Appalachians.

This town is going to be PIMP.
    It would be cheaper if we stole 'em from Tulsa.

Thread Information