Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Market C (closed)

Default Re: Market C Bites The Dust

At least the building won't be vacant and the lights will be on. Love seeing the Red C at night and the building is like a piece of art.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    I think you mistaken me for Brian Bates post.
    Metro: Huge apology coming your way...surprised me totally; you have been one of our best customers! I'll redirect to Brian...

3. Default Re: Market C Bites The Dust

Redirect away, all seems pretty silly to me. You can wrap the words up in whatever bow and ribbons you want to, but in the end it still means "out of business."

Had food from there twice. It was good, but too expensive and inconvenient in my opinion. Like I said, I don't think many were shocked to hear it was closing. Not that it was bad or didn't have a following, I just can't recall any take away food places that last very long in OKC.

4. Default Re: Market C Bites The Dust

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    Redirect away, all seems pretty silly to me. You can wrap the words up in whatever bow and ribbons you want to, but in the end it still means "out of business."

Had food from there twice. It was good, but too expensive and inconvenient in my opinion. Like I said, I don't think many were shocked to hear it was closing. Not that it was bad or didn't have a following, I just can't recall any take away food places that last very long in OKC.
    I don't think you're getting any extra truffle butter at RED any time soon. Nor should you. Sheesh. Tough crowd lately. Everyone wants to sound like a genius and act like a tough guy.

It could easily be seen as repurposing their existing property. If Cheevers catering is doing well enough to expand, let them! I know friends will miss Market C but Good Egg knows its needs - I agree that "Bites the dust" is harsh.
    Even the headline in the Oklahoman was a bit negative - "Tough times for A Good Egg" - But I come from a PR background, and I'd prefer to see the positive side of things, given a choice.

6. Default Re: Market C Bites The Dust

Quote Originally Posted by OKCMallen View Post
    I don't think you're getting any extra truffle butter at RED any time soon. Nor should you. Sheesh. Tough crowd lately. Everyone wants to sound like a genius and act like a tough guy.
    And some like to make comments that assert too much. I certainly wasn't making 'tough guy' or 'genius' statements - I simply pointed out that Market C was closing their doors and obviously Tuck didn't like my choice of words even though I made no disparaging remarks. I followed it up with my opinion of the establishment - again without taking any unnecessary jabs (totally out of character for me I might add).

And some like to make comments that assert too much. I certainly wasn't making 'tough guy' or 'genius' statements - I simply pointed out that Market C was closing their doors and obviously Tuck didn't like my choice of words even though I made no disparaging remarks. I followed it up with my opinion of the establishment - again without taking any unnecessary jabs (totally out of character for me I might add).
    I know if I was closing a business, I would be a little sensitive to someone saying it bit the dust. I wouldn't have been as classy as Tuck.

People need to understand that the closing of failing businesses is a positive. That whole strip across the street from Big Truck Tacos is ripe for something, maybe another wig shop

Whole Foods is coming!
    Whole Foods is coming!
    Close your doors and shutter your windows!
    Whole Foods is coming!

10. Default Re: Market C Bites The Dust

Quote Originally Posted by lasomeday View Post
    I know if I was closing a business, I would be a little sensitive to someone saying it bit the dust. I wouldn't have been as classy as Tuck.
    Sure, but then again you should probably be level headed enough to realize you're being overly sensitive and a little too close to the topic. I mean give me a break, there are hundreds of threads on this forum that would probably offend or at least somewhat bother whomever the thread is directed at. 'Class' is the last thing most threads are about and I'm cool with that.

That whole strip across the street from Big Truck Tacos is ripe for something,
    I would really like to see that whole strip full of mixed retail and food.

Quote Originally Posted by blangtang View Post
    People need to understand that the closing of failing businesses is a positive. That whole strip across the street from Big Truck Tacos is ripe for something, maybe another wig shop
    But that's just it, it wasn't a failing business.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    But that's just it, it wasn't a failing business.
    Maybe not but it is obvious that Cheevers Catering was a more successful play since they are moving into that space and not the other way around. It would be silly to expand a less successful business into a more successful one.

13. Default Re: Market C Bites The Dust

Sure, but then again you should probably be level headed enough to realize you're being overly sensitive and a little too close to the topic. I mean give me a break, there are hundreds of threads on this forum that would probably offend or at least somewhat bother whomever the thread is directed at. 'Class' is the last thing most threads are about and I'm cool with that.
    Well. Everyone with an opinion on it thinks you're being a bit of a jerk. Do you think everyone else is right, or that just you are?

Most people on the board try not to step on toes. You're not a newb, and this isn't the political forum- you should know this.

You were corrected by tuck, then decided to just go on blathering refusing to admit you might have been factually wrong, then kinda rude. Cheer up man. This place is a positive place most of the time.

14. Default Re: Market C Bites The Dust

Everyone with an opinion on it thinks you're being a bit of a jerk.
    Wow, you really think alot you your opinion don't you. I forget you and metro speak for everyone here.

Actually, I looked to several resources and 'Bit The Dust' is still appropriate as most every definition includes "coming to an end" without requiring, heaven forbid, 'failure'. And, Tuck didn't 'correct' anything, he just got his feelings hurt over nothing. And, just because someone with a business says, "Things were great, we were making lots of money, we just decided to close the very successful business and not relocate it because we can" doesn't make it the totality of the truth.

Bottom line...It just wasn't very good.

16. Default Re: Market C Bites The Dust

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Earl View Post
    Bottom line...It just wasn't very good.
    Not when you consider their customer service was lacking and for their price you could easily go out and eat. It was one of those places where I knew a couple of people who loved and it and many who didn't.

Not when you consider their customer service was lacking and for their price you could easily go out and eat. It was one of those places where I knew a couple of people who loved and it and many who didn't.
    That could be said for several business's. including yours

18. Default Re: Market C Bites The Dust

Wow, you really think alot you your opinion don't you. I forget you and metro speak for everyone here.

Actually, I looked to several resources and 'Bit The Dust' is still appropriate as most every definition includes "coming to an end" without requiring, heaven forbid, 'failure'. And, Tuck didn't 'correct' anything, he just got his feelings hurt over nothing. And, just because someone with a business says, "Things were great, we were making lots of money, we just decided to close the very successful business and not relocate it because we can" doesn't make it the totality of the truth.
    You're bringing a knife to a gunfight. We can stop now- you're just embarrassing yourself.

And what's your business? I'd love to know.

19. Default Re: Market C Bites The Dust

Bottom line (to borrow phrase from Edmond Earl): What I understand is Market C wasn't "a failing business." Instead, from what I've been told, it was a moderately successful business that gave way to a business that makes more money for Good Egg (catering). It's business guys ... Good Egg's catering operation is, by all accounts, flourishing.
    Say that Iron Starr on campus corner "bit the dust," and you'll be correct. But truth be told, it's difficult to think of a restaurant along campus corner that hasn't bit the dust. It's a tough set up out there for eateries, though I can't understand why.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Bottom line (to borrow phrase from Edmond Earl): What I understand is Market C wasn't "a failing business." Instead, from what I've been told, it was a moderately successful business that gave way to a business that makes more money for Good Egg (catering). It's business guys ... Good Egg's catering operation is, by all accounts, flourishing.
    Say that Iron Starr on campus corner "bit the dust," and you'll be correct. But truth be told, it's difficult to think of a restaurant along campus corner that hasn't bit the dust. It's a tough set up out there for eateries, though I can't understand why.
    Some places on CC stand the test of time. Some don't last a year. Been that way for the 25+ years I've lived down here.

21. Default Re: Market C Bites The Dust

What restaurants on Campus Corner have stood the test of time? I guess La Luna has been there awhile... have others been there more than a few years?

Quote Originally Posted by OKCMallen View Post
    You're bringing a knife to a gunfight. We can stop now- you're just embarrassing yourself.

And what's your business? I'd love to know.
    You dont know his business Mallen? Bates is in the business of hiding out with a camera trying to catch acts of prostitution (for whatever reason). He's quite the prostitution citizen cop, I hear his customer service sucks though.

23. Default Re: Market C Bites The Dust

What restaurants on Campus Corner have stood the test of time? I guess La Luna has been there awhile... have others been there more than a few years?
    Victoria's has been there a long time.

CC is a very fickle beast. I wonder if it's the parking that makes it tough for restaurants with bigger footprints.

24. Default Re: Market C Bites The Dust

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    You dont know his business Mallen? Bates is in the business of hiding out with a camera trying to catch acts of prostitution (for whatever reason). He's quite the prostitution citizen cop, I hear his customer service sucks though.
    I have no idea what Bates does. What I do know is that he's being a bit of a jerk, even when corrected, and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't ever be so obtuse in person to tuck or anyone else. I'd like to know what he does so I can try to understand why he's being combative instead of collaborative, and also so that I can avoid his business.

I've only been in Norman for 7.5 yrs, but during that time the constants on CC have been Victorias, Othellos, Totos, La Luna, Hideaway, NY Pizza, Cafe Plaid and Pepe Delgados.

Thread Information