Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bungalow 23 (formerly 23rd Street Courts)

Default Re: Bungalow 23 (formerly 23rd Street Courts)

Just announced:

Get ready, OKC! Sandoitchi is back for a 3-week takeover at Bunglow23 in the Uptown 23rd District. Indulge in all of your beloved sando favorites and new exclusive OKC offerings. Pre-order for our first week kicks off on Sunday 12/3 at 6pm CT on our website. Mark your calendars so you don’t miss the chance to satisfy your sando cravings!

Bungalow23
    727 NW 23rd St
    Oklahoma City, OK 73103

Online Pre-order:
    Sunday @ 6pm

Service:
    Tuesday - Saturday
    11am - 3pm

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Just announced:

Get ready, OKC! Sandoitchi is back for a 3-week takeover at Bunglow23 in the Uptown 23rd District. Indulge in all of your beloved sando favorites and new exclusive OKC offerings. Pre-order for our first week kicks off on Sunday 12/3 at 6pm CT on our website. Mark your calendars so you don’t miss the chance to satisfy your sando cravings!

Bungalow23
    727 NW 23rd St
    Oklahoma City, OK 73103

Online Pre-order:
    Sunday @ 6pm

Service:
    Tuesday - Saturday
    11am - 3pm
    Whose website? Do you know what the website address is?

Quote Originally Posted by fortpatches View Post
    Whose website? Do you know what the website address is?
    sandoitchi.menu

Edit - for those new to the Sandoitchi process, you have to sign up on taptapeat.com, which that link redirects you to, then when the time comes, you select what you want to order and a pick-up time. They usually don't have a menu up on the site ahead of time, but will send one out via email close to ordering day if you sign up for their list, I believe. Usually the same-ish stuff each time they come here, so you can look for old menus and get an idea of what they serve. We get something from them every time, and the fruit sandoitchis are fantastic, while the other stuff ranges from good to pretty good. Guessing they'll have a fuller range of items than normal this time since they're here for 3 weeks, and some things will most likely be available for only 1 week's ordering. They have sold out ridiculously quickly in the past (like Beyonce-quick) but the last time they were here (in NEON's old space in the Plaza), it wasn't too bad, but we still always try to order right when it opens up.

4. Default Re: Bungalow 23 (formerly 23rd Street Courts)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Just announced:

Bungalow23
    727 NW 23rd St
    Oklahoma City, OK 73103

Online Pre-order:
    Sunday @ 6pm

Service:
    Tuesday - Saturday
    11am - 3pm
    My experience was pretty bad with Sandoitchi yesterday, I usually keep mediocre experiences to myself, but this just was a massive disappointment on so many levels I have to warn people.
    They sent out texts saying "your order is ready for pick up," but we still had to stand in line for over an HOUR AND A HALF. The egg salad was pretty bland, nothing but egg and mayo with some pepper on the cut side. The Katsu was cooked well, but all the flavor was in the slaw. The fruit sandos only have the visible bits of fruit, they have a video showing them doing three full strawberries, and cutting one up for the back end. That was a lie, they just had the three visible bits of fruit. Everything was pretty dry, never had dry whipped cream before. My friend and I were both mega disappointed by the lack of flavor and the insane wait for pre ordered item that were claimed as "ready for pick up."
    I highly recommend skipping this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Beard Face View Post
    My experience was pretty bad with Sandoitchi yesterday, I usually keep mediocre experiences to myself, but this just was a massive disappointment on so many levels I have to warn people.
    They sent out texts saying "your order is ready for pick up," but we still had to stand in line for over an HOUR AND A HALF. The egg salad was pretty bland, nothing but egg and mayo with some pepper on the cut side. The Katsu was cooked well, but all the flavor was in the slaw. The fruit sandos only have the visible bits of fruit, they have a video showing them doing three full strawberries, and cutting one up for the back end. That was a lie, they just had the three visible bits of fruit. Everything was pretty dry, never had dry whipped cream before. My friend and I were both mega disappointed by the lack of flavor and the insane wait for pre ordered item that were claimed as "ready for pick up."
    Wow, that is exactly the opposite of the two other times they've been here, that's sad. Guess we'll see what happens on Sat when we pick ours up, maybe they'll have their sh!t together by then. The first time you actually had to choose a specific pickup time, but the last time and this one, you only choose the day. Guessing that's what is screwing up their timing since you can't just have the hotlink done and sitting around, as well as the fried cauliflower, so they have to make things as people pick them up (without any advance notice, so 15 people ahead of you could've ordered the hotlink they have to then make). Really sad to hear about the fruit sando, they used to be magnificent.

but we still had to stand in line for over an HOUR AND A HALF
    I dont get why people are crazy about this, what's special about sando? It's probably the most basic of the basics in Japanese cuisine.

7. Default Re: Bungalow 23 (formerly 23rd Street Courts)

I was in line for about 10 minutes. I got 5 sandos and one hot link. They were all delicious and I will do it every time it comes through. Some people like basic food especially if it is made well and affordable.

8. Default Re: Bungalow 23 (formerly 23rd Street Courts)

Quote Originally Posted by Oski View Post
    I dont get why people are crazy about this, what's special about sando? It's probably the most basic of the basics in Japanese cuisine.
    Are they available anywhere locally?

If your answer is "No" then you should be able to figure out the answer to your question.

Quote Originally Posted by Oski View Post
    We live in Oklahoma City, not Japan (or Dallas), remember?

10. Default Re: Bungalow 23 (formerly 23rd Street Courts)

I will say they didn't really do a good job of giving you an exact time for pick up. Mine was Today, Wednesday, from 11 am to 3 pm. I chose to go at around 1pm hoping the line wouldn't be long and I was correct. By the time I was leaving the only people waiting for food were those who just walked up. All pre orders had basically been helped. I really do think it depends on the day and time you choose to go. I hope they fix this problem so that our pick times are more precise.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieBerto View Post
    ... I hope they fix this problem so that our pick times are more precise.
    I doubt they will. The first time (next to Elemental), you had an actual time slot. The second time (Neon), you just chose a day (and they actually were able to sell things to walk-up customers, which wasn't the case with the first time). This time, you just chose a day (and they are apparently also selling to walk-ups this time).

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    We live in Oklahoma City, not Japan (or Dallas), remember?
    Oh yeah, you're right, I gotta line up tomorrow as well, can't wait, I don't want to miss out.

13. Default Re: Bungalow 23 (formerly 23rd Street Courts)

I had saved a strawberry sando until last night and think it tasted better than day 1, but not by a crazy amount.

There was a line when I showed up and I waited about 30 minutes but I still thought my sandos were quite good. I think it makes a big difference when you show up during that time window of 11am-3pm.

It looks like a lot of the businesses in the area are open and I have seen posts of people enjoyed the old parking lot in the middle.

Any word on when the Miriwa building will be torn down?

Thread Information