Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Luxury Car Dealers in OKC

Default Re: Luxury Car Dealers in OKC

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    Where? Not trying to be a dick or anything, I am just curious about your definition of luxury. Price point? Features? Accessibility?
    It's fine. It's kind of hard really to describe each feature, but a Roll's Royce for example has several things about them that are luxurious in way BMW's aren't. Fully customization from the factory. Built by hand. Every little detail is looked at. The quality of the catch and the interior is to be unmatched. I drive a 2015 Ghost every so often and it is incredible. When you sit in it, it feels like something out of dreams. The way it drives. Handles. Not a day goes by when I'm in that car I'm not doing under 140 and it feels like it could drive itself even at those speeds.

The one I drive doesn't have this, but the Phantoms and some Wraiths have a slot for an umbrella. Wine coolers. A roof top with fiber optic lights resembling stars. I mean it is really hard to describe until you've driven one and/or just sat in it and looked at everything it has to offer because every little detail is attended to and nothing is overlooked. Even the wheels have center logos that will stand upright and stay balanced when the tyres are spinning.

The amount it weighs and the power they have is incredible. My neighbor has a 1.2 million dollar Phantom Extended Wheelbase with a solid gold grille and a customized gold Spirit of Ecstasy with a diamond on her tits that he specifically had enlarged. All Spirit of Ecstasy hood ornaments retract at the push of a button or you can set it automatically on the dash display which will show you in real time tons of different information about your engine.

The craftsmanship, blood, sweat, and tears that are put into making a machine so f$cking beautiful is unreal. Bentley's are okay. My cousin who is a developer who practically started lifestyle developments, has a Bentley Mulsanne and she is beautiful. Looks like a mafia car. :P

I'm not trying to be argumentative here. I love German and obviously British cars which include BMW, Audi, and Mercede's. I'm not big on high line Japanese models such as Lexus or Infinite because I don't like the quality of the interiors and by quality I mean how they feel. I had a 2008 M3 and a 2012 C63 and the interior of this Lexus I drove for awhile(GS 350 2013) looked a lot cooler and blew the Germans out of the water but overall I just didn't feel the 'solidness' that you get in a German car.

The LFA is a fun car to drive, but goddamn that thing is overpriced. Almost half a million for performance you could get for 100-200k from a car off the showroom. I'm not sure if they still do this, but for awhile they wouldn't even give you the title even if you paid it full until you put a certain amount of miles on the car. It is my understanding now they no longer practice this due to low demand of the car. I do really like the RC F. I haven't driven it though but from what I've heard it's a great car and I looked at one and it looks solid.

I love Volkswagen, Daimler, and BMW. Acura's are pretty cool too. They are American and Canadian cars first even though they are owned by Honda(Japan), Honda makes some of the best engines in the world and launched Acura in North America. Just like Porsche built the Panamera targeting the US though launching it in China first the engines were still built in Germany.

The difference between a Porsche Panamera Turbo S which is a performance version and the Executive version(luxury) is going to be more catered to someone who would buy a Rolls Royce which I will always use as an example of a great luxury car.

Maserati seems to be the only car company that used to be in between, but I now lump them in with BMW's and Mercedes as you can grab a Ghilbi for like 55k. They can still run into the 220s if you grab the Quattroporte GTS and add a bunch of options. But I believe you can also get some BMW's in the upper 100's excluding the i8.

I will say, luxury is very subjective, but in my knowledge, very few people who have money and want a real luxury car or people in the car industry is going to say Audi's or BMW's are luxury cars unless you're talking about specific models. I really don't know what else I can add to the subject. If you disagree with me then that is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    your definition of "luxury" is considered "ultimate luxury" by most of the authorities in the car review game. US News, Car and Driver, and Consumer Reports would all classify any one of the BMWs you listed as "luxury" cars. That's because they are.
    Where are you seeing brands that are broken down into classifications such as luxury on any of those sites? I'm not even luxury cars listed on US News.

If you want to believe that a BMW is a luxury car, you have that right. Go ahead and believe it. I don't care.

PS, I can pull websites that will say the only luxury car brands are Rolls Royce and Bentley that don't even include Maserati which I was generous to mention and I can find other sites that will say a Ford Expedition is a luxury car.

Like I said, if you don't believe me, then fine. Don't. I'll show this to my neighbor who you probably wouldn't even believe who he was if I told you and we'd laugh. I'm not trying to be a dick here man and certainly not trying to tell you what your definition of luxury is because to someone in a third world country, a trailer home with nothing but electricity and running clean water would luxurious, but let's keep things in perspective here.

I'll state this as clear as I can. BMW is not a luxury car brand. They offer luxury car models. If for some reason, 90% of car owning people in Germany can afford luxury car models than so be it, but a BMW 1,2,3,4, and 5 series are not luxury cars. Including the i3 and 90% of their SUV models. They might offer like 3 models that luxury.

Every single Rolls Royce is a luxury car. Every single Bentley is a luxury car even though Bentley tends to focus a little more on the performance part of it. There is a difference between car brands and car models. Volkswagen offers the Phaeton from time to time which is their luxury car model.

I have never heard someone claim that the only luxury cars are super cars, like you are PluPan... Clearly most middle to upper models of BMW, Audi, Lexus, Porsche, Lincoln, and Cadillac are luxury cars to the majority.

Is it because you live in LA, where super cars are everywhere? Most places in the US would consider a car over $40K to be pretty damn luxurious. So yes, it is relative. Perhaps your relativity is getting skewed by you living in the cushy SoCal area.

^haha I wanted to say the same thing, but decided to stay out of it.

Plu, we don't have the same cut & dry line for the qualifications for a luxury car.

Obviously Bentley, RR, etc, are the top of the line luxury. But, to not differentiate between a Chevy Malibu and a BMW 5 series is a disservice to the BMW. I'm not trying to lump BMW/Audi/MB in with RR, there is definitely a difference.

Just because a lot of people have something, doesn't make it not luxurious. Your definition sounds more along the lines of high luxury & exclusivity. Which isn't a bad thing.

I agree with your opinion of the Japanese 'luxury' car brands. Japanese cars should be simple, easy to produce, and cheap. In the early 2000's, their car makers lost that across all brands. Except for Subaru, which just recently went down the 'fit in with everyone else' path.

BMW isn't a luxury car... it's the ultimate driving machine

To each their own, but I just wanted to see where you stood as the topic at hand was luxury cars. We needed to get on the same page.

Back on topic, I don't think OKC will be getting a RR/Bently dealership anytime soon. Does anyone know how the Maserati dealership is doing?

Even today's compact cars would be considered ultra-luxury when compared to the standards of just 20-25 years ago.

Virtually every car sold these days can be equipped with full leather, electric everything including sunroof, navigation, high-end stereo, automatic climate control and a ton more.

About 5 years ago, I had a rental car with *crank* windows. When is the last time you saw those? In fact, I asked my friend's 15 year-old kid what he thought the crank was for and he had absolutely no idea. I'm sure he had never seen them in his lifetime.

And even more surprising, these fully equipped cars cost about the same as the crappy ones of a few decades ago, when you adjust for inflation.

I've always liked nice cars but recently took a long look at the new Honda Civic and found myself thinking, what the heck more could I possibly need in a car? Why pay double (for an Audi or BMW) when the difference is quite marginal.

BTW, that Civic would just about out-perform my 1984 Porsche 944.

And of course, modern cars last almost forever if you maintain them properly. It wasn't that long ago that you had to sling a net under cars to catch all the broken parts. When is the last time you were stranded due to a break-down? Used to happen *all* the time.

I have a Lexus approaching 150K miles and as much as I want a new car, I can't justify it because the thing still looks almost new inside and out. Even the driver's seat looks new-ish.

It's simply stunning how far all cars have come and frankly, after you pay about $25K there are massive diminishing returns as you go up the price scale.

Pete, there is definitely a build quality difference between a BMW and Honda. But, you get very similar amenities (sunroof, nav, leather, etc.) Which I think is what you are pointing out. That is what happens when one compares a $20k car to a $50k car to a $250k car.

Maybe we should define luxury cars that depreciate 50% in less than 3 years?

8. Default Re: Luxury Car Dealers in OKC

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    About 5 years ago, I had a rental car with *crank* windows. When is the last time you saw those? In fact, I asked my friend's 15 year-old kid what he thought the crank was for and he had absolutely no idea. I'm sure he had never seen them in his lifetime.

And of course, modern cars last almost forever if you maintain them properly. It wasn't that long ago that you had to sling a net under cars to catch all the broken parts. When is the last time you were stranded due to a break-down? Used to happen *all* the time.
    Still driving one with window cranks and manual locks today... My 97 Dodge Ram 1500 was the first, and only, new vehicle I've ever owned and it still runs great today.... It's a perfect example of how important maintaining a vehicle properly is and I'd have no problem jumping in it and going on a cross country trip today.

Pete, there is definitely a build quality difference between a BMW and Honda. But, you get very similar amenities (sunroof, nav, leather, etc.) Which I think is what you are pointing out. That is what happens when one compares a $20k car to a $50k car to a $250k car.
    Build quality is actually better in a Honda, as many surveys and studies have documented.

And anecdotally, I've owned both an Acura and a BMW and the Acura was more solid and better built and certainly more reliable.

http://www.jdpower.com/press-release...lity-study-iqs

BMW AG’s Rosslyn, South Africa plant, which produces the BMW 3 Series, receives the Platinum Plant Quality Award for producing models with the fewest defects or malfunctions.

That ranking suggests that Korean cars are top of the line when it comes to quality.

Ah, I'm looking at initial quality. I see.

Looks like I need to buy a Porsche.

I had a 2010 Boxster S and was not impressed with the quality. Bunch of little problems.

I've also had 2 Lexus(es) and they have been absolutely bullet proof.

16. Default Re: Luxury Car Dealers in OKC

I had a 2010 Boxster S and was not impressed with the quality. Bunch of little problems.

I've also had 2 Lexus(es) and they have been absolutely bullet proof.

I love Porsche. My dad had a few growing up. Recently had a 1957 Kit Car 356. Fun to drive

\About 5 years ago, I had a rental car with *crank* windows. When is the last time you saw those? In fact, I asked my friend's 15 year-old kid what he thought the crank was for and he had absolutely no idea. I'm sure he had never seen them in his lifetime.

I actually have a 2015 vehicle I bought last year with crank windows, but I went for as cheap as possible. If it gets me where I got, its got all I need.

I'm probably in the wrong thread.

18. Default Re: Luxury Car Dealers in OKC

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    I actually have a 2015 vehicle I bought last year with crank windows, but I went for as cheap as possible. If it gets me where I got, its got all I need.

I'm probably in the wrong thread.

HAHA... Same here but that's pretty much my thought process on it too....... The luxury part to me is not having to walk where I'm going.

Okay well, there you go.

Plu, we don't have the same cut & dry line for the qualifications for a luxury car.

Obviously Bentley, RR, etc, are the top of the line luxury. But, to not differentiate between a Chevy Malibu and a BMW 5 series is a disservice to the BMW. I'm not trying to lump BMW/Audi/MB in with RR, there is definitely a difference.

Just because a lot of people have something, doesn't make it not luxurious. Your definition sounds more along the lines of high luxury & exclusivity. Which isn't a bad thing.

I agree with your opinion of the Japanese 'luxury' car brands. Japanese cars should be simple, easy to produce, and cheap. In the early 2000's, their car makers lost that across all brands. Except for Subaru, which just recently went down the 'fit in with everyone else' path.

BMW isn't a luxury car... it's the ultimate driving machine

To each their own, but I just wanted to see where you stood as the topic at hand was luxury cars. We needed to get on the same page.

Back on topic, I don't think OKC will be getting a RR/Bently dealership anytime soon. Does anyone know how the Maserati dealership is doing?
    Very fair analysis. I can't argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    I have never heard someone claim that the only luxury cars are super cars, like you are PluPan... Clearly most middle to upper models of BMW, Audi, Lexus, Porsche, Lincoln, and Cadillac are luxury cars to the majority.

Is it because you live in LA, where super cars are everywhere? Most places in the US would consider a car over $40K to be pretty damn luxurious. So yes, it is relative. Perhaps your relativity is getting skewed by you living in the cushy SoCal area.
    I agree with that.

22. Default Re: Luxury Car Dealers in OKC

Plu, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to get a Koenigsegg One:1 mega car.

OMG. Only if I had $7M to blow and was one of the 6 lucky ones. ....

Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Dude, my f@cking neighbor has the One:1!!!!!! It's beautiful.

My cousin a P1. I see these cars every day multiple times a day. I've seen like 2 Ferrari's, 3 Lambos, 5 or 6 Bentley's, and probably around 10 Rolls driving around today. I was racing another Rolls on Mulholland Dr. last night it was so rad!

Koenigsegg's are sick! The Swede's really know how to build good cars. The new Volvo's look really nice as well.

24. Default Re: Luxury Car Dealers in OKC

I thought you lived here?

I need to get me an SS at some point. Those interiors are f'n NICE. But I'm pretty sure my next vehicles are going to be Colorado Diesel or a Taco for a daily and a Corvette for the lulz. I'll have my Jeep until it explodes (again) and I'll put it back together (again) and drive it until it explodes (again).

Quote Originally Posted by Oh GAWD the Smell! View Post
    I thought you lived here?

I need to get me an SS at some point. Those interiors are f'n NICE. But I'm pretty sure my next vehicles are going to be Colorado Diesel or a Taco for a daily and a Corvette for the lulz. I'll have my Jeep until it explodes (again) and I'll put it back together (again) and drive it until it explodes (again).
    I'm in California now.

Yeah, those SS's are sweet dude! I rode around in a new Zo6 and she was seductive as hell. The amount of power is mind blowing.

Thread Information