Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Falcone's

Default Re: Falcone's expands to LBT

Yes, I would like to know the answer to that also. I guess I could just ask him because I don't think there has been a time that I have been in there when he hasn't talked to me.

Yeah, let me know if you find out. As it is right now, my wife and I refer to it as "FALCONE's or FALCONEY's or... whatever, you know what I mean".

My wife and I ate at the N. May location Friday night for the first time after going to the arts festival. Very good stuff. We'll be regulars from now on.

4. Default Re: Falcone's expands to LBT

My instinct was to call it Fal-CONE's, but my dad insisted that it would be pronounced Falco-NAY.

But I'm recalling Batman Begins where Tom Wilkinson played a gangster name Carmine Fal-CONE...

Well, the nice lass who answered the phone at the 63rd location today pronounced it Fal CONE E's. I can live with that.

6. Default Re: Falcone's expands to LBT

So like Fal-CONEY? Like the hot dog?

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    ... Fal-CONEY? Like the hot dog?
    Yeppers, based on the phone call I made (I haven't been in yet but everything here says I need to correct that) it's pronounced like the hotdawg, very much like metro noted in #53 above.

Are they still on track to open tomorrow?

9. Default Re: Falcone's expands to LBT

it will be opening next weekend around the 9th of May

Falcone's will miss out on a lot of business if they aren't able to open before May 4. With Spiderman 3 opening this weekend, the crowds at Harkins will be massive. They're in the perfect location to capitalize on that if they could just open in time.

^^^ Not to mention Bedlam baseball this weekend....

Quote Originally Posted by Watson410 View Post
    ^^^ Not to mention Bedlam baseball this weekend....
    Good point watson...That will cost them thousands in bidness by missing that

13. Default Re: Falcone's expands to LBT

wildman, is it this weekend or the 9th? Because the 9th is next Wednesday.

14. Default Re: Falcone's expands to LBT

it will be next week around the 9th. I guess I should introduce myself, my name is John and I am the manager of Falcone's on May. It is my pleasure to be welcomed to the boards.

Welcome to Okc-talk john.

Yeah welcome john, anything you can do to tell Falcone about the HUGE business he will lose if not open by this weekend?

17. Default Re: Falcone's expands to LBT

I don't know.. if they aren't ready it might be better to wait than have a poor first impression.. critics can be Very critical.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Yes, if you are not ready, do not open just to try and make it for the games.

19. Default Re: Falcone's expands to LBT

There will be plenty more big weekends. It's not like Spider-Man 3 is the only big movie opening this summer, or even this month for that matter.

Spidey and the Bedlam series right next door would be big business....Big difference between a Redhawks crowd and a Bedlam crowd at the Brick

Sure Falcone's won't die because of this, but I would have been busting my hump to have my new restaurant open just a few days earlier with those events going on

i agree, but i can see the validity in the conter-point... if falcone's rushes too much to open, then it risks having extra kinks to iron out in it's first few days... the added traffic of this weekend could therefore be translated into even more customers they could potentially leave a bad first impression with. therefore the short-term reward of potential extra profits from one weekend would be outweighed by the potential long-term risks of poor customer first impressions. if i had a vote, i'd say don't rush too much and open when ready. -M

22. Default Re: Falcone's expands to LBT

Pirates of the Caribbean 3 will be just as big as Spidey--maybe bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    i agree, but i can see the validity in the conter-point... if falcone's rushes too much to open, then it risks having extra kinks to iron out in it's first few days... the added traffic of this weekend could therefore be translated into even more customers they could potentially leave a bad first impression with. therefore the short-term reward of potential extra profits from one weekend would be outweighed by the potential long-term risks of poor customer first impressions. if i had a vote, i'd say don't rush too much and open when ready. -M
    Don't really consider opening 4 days earlier much of a rush mmm unless the pizza ovens aren't coming in until Monday

Just saying that's a lot of repeat business missed by a matter of just 4 or 5 days

Just have to trust me....I work at a bank so I know all about how to run a successful restaurant mmm

Just my newbie opinion but I do agree that sometimes the best thing is for a business to have a "soft" opening.

Most businesses do not want to open on their first day and have droves of customers when they have brand new employees, not to mention new equipment.

I think the key is to open during some slower days to make sure everything is working properly and all employees are comfortable before you get slammed with an overflow of customers. Having overflow crowds can be hard enough on seasoned employees (as I witnessed during the Big XI basketball tournaments) much less new ones!

Quote Originally Posted by SWOKC 4 me View Post
    Just my newbie opinion but I do agree that sometimes the best thing is for a business to have a "soft" opening.

Most businesses do not want to open on their first day and have droves of customers when they have brand new employees, not to mention new equipment.

I think the key is to open during some slower days to make sure everything is working properly and all employees are comfortable before you get slammed with an overflow of customers. Having overflow crowds can be hard enough on seasoned employees (as I witnessed during the Big XI basketball tournaments) much less new ones!
    SW...Get that reasonable common sense crap outta here...Has no place on this forum!

Thread Information