Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Pappadeaux

Default Re: Pappadeaux

Quote Originally Posted by Debzkidz View Post
    This is really exciting. I love all of the Pappas restaurants. They are the only real chains we enjoy visiting. We have really missed their restaurants since moving here from Houston. Their food is constantly high quality and their service is typically very good as well. I'm hoping that when they see how well they do here with Pappadeaux's, they will put in a Pappositos's as well. They tend to put in 2 or 3 of their restaurants in close proximity to each other. A Pappa's Burger would be good too.
    That is a good point how they seem to put 2 or 3 of their restaurants close by. Would there be enough land in this area to put in another Pappa restaurant?

Quote Originally Posted by okclee View Post
    That is a good point how they seem to put 2 or 3 of their restaurants close by. Would there be enough land in this area to put in another Pappa restaurant?
    yessir...

Debzkidz,
    I went to the Pappasotio's web page and their menu was pretty underwhelming. I'm sure it's good, but limited.
    C. T.
    I'm hoping that when they see how well they do here with Pappadeaux's, they will put in a Pappositos's as well.

I've been to all of the Pappa's restaurants. I have found them all very good, with the exception of the BBQ place. Very dissapointed. Now maybe it was just the particualr location I went to. It was on NW highway in Dallas across from the OU Humperdinks. I hope others are better.

5. Default Re: Pappadeaux

I went to the same one 15 years ago and found the BBQ pretty bad. Theres so much great BBQ in TX that we never bothered to go back

Quote Originally Posted by ctchandler View Post
    Debzkidz,
    I went to the Pappasotio's web page and their menu was pretty underwhelming. I'm sure it's good, but limited.
    C. T.
    Their filet mignon fajitas are crazy good.

C.T., after reading your comments about the limited menu of Pappasito's I was surprised, because I am always overwhelmed by all their choices. I went to their website and the menu they show is nowhere near the full thing. It mentions that its a few of their favorite items. They actually have a pretty extensive menu.

I have eaten in one their locations in Dallas and have found it to be not up to par with the other locations we've eaten in. There's one in Ft Worth we eat at occasionally and it is always good. Coming from Houston, we are used to eating in some of their original locations and they have always been excellent. I absolutely love their warm salsa and fresh, warm chips they serve. They are a bit more expensive than many places, but they give you so much food that my husband and I can often split a meal and still have leftovers to take home.

Debzkidz,
    I didn't catch the note about "it's a few of their favorite items", but I went back and selected Dallas and there were more choices, and as you mentioned, pricey. Beef enchiladas for $18.95 is way out of line. I'm sure it's good, we always enjoyed Pappadeaux's so I'm sure I would enjoy Pappasito's, but there are a lot of really good Tex-Mex places that are/were hard to beat. I added "/were" because it's been a few years since I have been to Texas.
    C. T.
    C.T., after reading your comments about the limited menu of Pappasito's I was surprised, because I am always overwhelmed by all their choices. I went to their website and the menu they show is nowhere near the full thing. It mentions that its a few of their favorite items. They actually have a pretty extensive menu.

I have eaten in one their locations in Dallas and have found it to be not up to par with the other locations we've eaten in. There's one in Ft Worth we eat at occasionally and it is always good. Coming from Houston, we are used to eating in some of their original locations and they have always been excellent. I absolutely love their warm salsa and fresh, warm chips they serve. They are a bit more expensive than many places, but they give you so much food that my husband and I can often split a meal and still have leftovers to take home.

Anybody heard any news on this? Do we know what year/month this might open?

Quote Originally Posted by zachj7 View Post
    Anybody heard any news on this? Do we know what year/month this might open?
    They have yet to submit building permits and once they do, it's at least 90 days before construction would start.

My guess is that this will start something in the spring or summer of next year and take about a year to complete.

Cool! Thanks for the info Pete.

Saw this brief article in the Journal Record. Looks like this will be happening.

Pappas Restaurants buys OKC land | The Journal Record

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    Saw this brief article in the Journal Record. Looks like this will be happening.

Pappas Restaurants buys OKC land | The Journal Record
    Here you go:

Pappas Restaurants buys OKC land
    By: Darren Currin December 5, 2014

OKLAHOMA CITY – Houston-based Pappas Restaurants Inc. completed its purchase of approximately 3.1 acres of land Friday at the southeast corner of W. Memorial Road and Hefner Parkway that will be used for construction of a Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen.

Pappas acquired the land for $2,090,000 from Oklahoma City-based Roger L. and Mitzie J. Hembree. Stuart Graham and Mark W. Inman with CB Richard Ellis Oklahoma represented the buyer in the transaction.

In August, representatives of Pappas appeared before the Oklahoma City Planning Commission to request approval to build a 14,000-square-foot restaurant that specializes in Louisiana-style seafood.

Pappas owns and operates 80 restaurants that include 11 different concepts in seven states. The Memorial Road location will mark its first restaurant in the state.
    Growth along that corridor remains strong from MacArthur Boulevard to Pennsylvania Avenue, Graham said.

“Casual dining is doing well in that area,” he said. “Reports are positive as these restaurants are benefiting from the upper incomes located to the north and west of the corridor.”
    Pappas officials were unavailable for comment. The company has yet to announce when construction will begin.

Good! In order to be a true city, we'll be needing this restaurant. It will definitely help our progress!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Good! In order to be a true city, we'll be needing this restaurant. It will definitely help our progress!!!!!!!!
    PluPan,
    Why do we need them when we have Steak and Catfish Barn? Actually, I really enjoyed Pappadeaux' (several times) when my wife and I were in Dallas. They will be a nice addition in OKC, and I'm certainly looking forward to dining there. And it's not too far from me either, about ten miles.
    C. T.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Seriously?? A "true city?" Don't get me wrong I enjoy Pappadeaux but it's a chain at the end of the day. They're only in 7 states, so I guess by your logic, 43 states have no true cities. I remember people proclaiming such hyperbole when Cheesecake Factory came to town.

Maybe because my mom's family is originally from SE Louisiana and I've had the real thing in terms of Gulf Coast cuisine, Pappadeaux isn't something I'll do backflips over. But that's just me. Oddly enough, they have no locations in Louisiana.

Personally I am more excited about the Drake than Pappadeaux. The Shack is great for gulf-inspired seafood. It will be nice to have Pappadeaux here though. In terms of chain seafood, McCormick and Schmicks would be a chain to get excited about.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchandler View Post
    PluPan,
    Why do we need them when we have Steak and Catfish Barn? Actually, I really enjoyed Pappadeaux' (several times) when my wife and I were in Dallas. They will be a nice addition in OKC, and I'm certainly looking forward to dining there. And it's not too far from me either, about ten miles.
    C. T.
    I would group Steak and Catfish Barn more alongside Mama E's than a restaurant like Pappadeaux. I am all about supporting local institutions (love the Shack) but comparing Steak and Catfish Barn to Pappadeux is an apples/oranges comparison.

How can we be a true city without a 10 stack interchange...?

Quote Originally Posted by adaniel View Post
    Seriously?? A "true city?" Don't get me wrong I enjoy Pappadeaux but it's a chain at the end of the day. They're only in 7 states, so I guess by your logic, 43 states have no true cities. I remember people proclaiming such hyperbole when Cheesecake Factory came to town.

Maybe because my mom's family is originally from SE Louisiana and I've had the real thing in terms of Gulf Coast cuisine, Pappadeaux isn't something I'll do backflips over. But that's just me. Oddly enough, they have no locations in Louisiana.
    I was joking man. LA and NYC doesn't have one and those are true cities.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    I would group Steak and Catfish Barn more alongside Mama E's than a restaurant like Pappadeaux. I am all about supporting local institutions (love the Shack) but comparing Steak and Catfish Barn to Pappadeux is an apples/oranges comparison.
    Bchris,
    I was kidding PluPan about the Steak and Catfish Barn. We had dinner there with a couple of folks on this board Friday night. I don't know how to do the smiley type stuff, so I just try to keep it honest in my words. I said "Actually, I really enjoyed Pappadeaux" and I am sincere. I enjoy the local places but I wasn't comparing them to Pappadeaux, just having a little fun.
    C. T.

Any word on the status of this?

They purchased the property late last year.

I believe they are still finishing up their plans; have yet to file a building permit or apply for a liquor license.

Any updates on this?

I had Pappadeaux the other day and was thinking about the Okc location.

Thread Information