Widgets Magazine
Page 39 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Costco

Default Re: Costco

Quote Originally Posted by d-usa View Post
    That’s when I don’t use the app and just do the scanning everything at the self checkout register.
    Ah, gotcha. Another advantage of Scan & Go!

I usually forget about the app until about halfway through.

Same deal with scanning for deals at Target...

Roof and siding going up, as is the gas station.

They are hauling.

They are MOVING

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    They are MOVING
    The electrical team is ahead of the roofing team on installing interior light fixtures.

Meanwhile crickets over at the Winco site.

Who are the general contractors for each site?

Blog Entries

How does the gas work at Costco? I'm assuming you have to be a member? Is it significantly cheaper than going to any other gas station?

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    Meanwhile crickets over at the Winco site.
    I wonder if they are having second thoughts on this location? Or maybe the opened stores are not doing as well in this market as thought?

On this location they will have Sams, Wal-Mart, Super Target and Costco within a mile. That would likely take a bite out of their market so maybe they are having cold feet?

Glad to see Costco going up so fast. Its a great store and after only having Sams for decades people will love it in comparison. I love competition.

11. Default Re: Costco

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie1 View Post
    How does the gas work at Costco? I'm assuming you have to be a member? Is it significantly cheaper than going to any other gas station?
    similar to Sams, you need to be a Costco member to get gas. Here in the Seattle market Costco is the cheapest gas. We have a lot of Costcos here but had only 3 Sam's Clubs in the entire Seattle-Tacoma metro.

When Sams Club was here the two would more or less go back and forth with Costco still being cheaper most times. I'd suspect Costco to be the cheapest in OKC metro with Sam's Club matching.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post
    I wonder if they are having second thoughts on this location? Or maybe the opened stores are not doing as well in this market as thought?

On this location they will have Sams, Wal-Mart, Super Target and Costco within a mile. That would likely take a bite out of their market so maybe they are having cold feet?
    Too bad there aren't any other parcels in the metro area where they would do really well, and the need is great, and the land is basically build ready right now, certainly more ready than that location.

Winco is still working away and by all reports, their OKC locations are doing very well.

I know the one at 39th and Portland is very busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Winco is still working away and by all reports, their OKC locations are doing very well.

I know the one at 39th and Portland is very busy.
    Thats good to hear. With that level of competition in this location they will need staying power. I do think many are tired of Wal-Mart so they should siphon off some of their customers. Costco will be interesting how many go and keep going after initial rush. I think folks will love Costco. I want all of these places to succeed but wonder about market saturation.

Winco does very well vs. Walmart and we will only have one Costco for a while, with a max of 2 or 3.

At the very least, Walmart will lose some market share which isn't a bad thing.

16. Default Re: Costco

I'd love to see a Costco go in at I-35 and Covell in north Edmond. I think one would do well there. They would draw Guthrie and Stillwater folks. Then perhaps one down in Moore/Norman.

I believe they are considering a Moore/Norman location but no time soon.

I really can't stress how bad of an idea building one in Edmond would be, especially considering the current location they're building is basically south Edmond. Of course, some wag is going to come back with "no it isn't" to that, to which I say take a look at Google Maps. It would be a huge middle finger to the rest of the OKC metro. Costco is great, I'll be the first one to tell you that, and their biggest cheerleader. But if they think people are going to drive past 4 or 5 Sam's Clubs (depending where they are coming from in the metro) to get to them on a regular basis, I disagree.

Sorry. Afraid the Edmondites who think it's offensive to be asked to drive south of 122nd (which in this example, they aren't even faced with THAT horrible prospect) are just going to have to get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post
    I really can't stress how bad of an idea building one in Edmond would be, especially considering the current location they're building is basically south Edmond. Of course, some wag is going to come back with "no it isn't" to that, to which I say take a look at Google Maps. It would be a huge middle finger to the rest of the OKC metro. Costco is great, I'll be the first one to tell you that, and their biggest cheerleader. But if they think people are going to drive past 4 or 5 Sam's Clubs (depending where they are coming from in the metro) to get to them on a regular basis, I disagree.

Sorry. Afraid the Edmondites who think it's offensive to be asked to drive south of 122nd (which in this example, they aren't even faced with THAT horrible prospect) are just going to have to get over it.
    LOL...…..You can't ask the Edmondites to do such a thing, especially now that they have their own "Main Event"

20. Default Re: Costco

Main Event is terrific. It's just inside my Edmond area only boundary limits. SMH

Quote Originally Posted by sgt. pepper View Post
    LOL...…..You can't ask the Edmondites to do such a thing, especially now that they have their own "Main Event"
    Pfft. Main Event wishes they were Showbiz.

22. Default Re: Costco

Moore/Norman makes sense as it grabs South OKC and the other grabs North OKC and Edmond. Makes sense population wise.

I imagine it will happen sooner or later but I would guess a few years minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Moore/Norman makes sense as it grabs South OKC and the other grabs North OKC and Edmond. Makes sense population wise.

I imagine it will happen sooner or later but I would guess a few years minimum.
    Agree with this. Edmond would bleed customers from NOKC store. Norman/Moore would not. Also N/M captures rural areas south of Norman.

I would assume one in west (Mustang/Yukon/I-40 corridor) would be another spot down the road, and also captures rural areas west of this too.

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post
    Agree with this. Edmond would bleed customers from NOKC store. Norman/Moore would not. Also N/M captures rural areas south of Norman.

I would assume one in west (Mustang/Yukon/I-40 corridor) would be another spot down the road, and also captures rural areas west of this too.
    this is what i was thinking aswell... have one south, and then eventually after that, have one west

25. Default Re: Costco

Here's what I'd like to see as a Costco buildout in metro OKC:

1) Costco at North OKC - pulls from N OKC and S Edmond, Guthrie, NE OK County
    2) new Costco at Crossroads Mall area - pull from S OKC, Moore/Norman, Purcell, Shawnee, MWC/DC
    3) new Costco near OKC Outlets - pull from W OKC, Mustang, Yukon/El Reno
    4) new Costco in NW OKC - pull from NW OKC, Piedmont, Kingfisher
    5) new Costco in the core - pull from OKC. I'd love to see an URBAN Costco downtown as part of a larger multi-use development

I think OKC metro could eventually do well with 5 Costcos, but I think Pete's correct that 3 is good for the next 10 years or so, IMO in the order I have laid out. This also puts all Costcos inside OKC city limits.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Thread Information