Widgets Magazine
Page 39 of 94 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434489 ... LastLast

Thread: I-235 / I-44 Interchange

Default Re: I-235 / I-44 Interchange

Time will tell, but the marking plans in the link are the final (not temporary) marking layout. Unless it's change-ordered mid-project or the final plan sets (online says they're not the plans to bid with) change i don't think that'll be moving.

Kind of defeats the purpose of widening the road to six lanes to remove the bottleneck.

LOL, it's hilarious how pathetic ODOT is

Quote Originally Posted by flyfisher07 View Post
    Good news, the plans are up for bidding for the next two phases of this project in November! Not so good news (I think anyway), just checked the striping plans and NB 235 mainline will narrow from 3 to 2 lanes just north of the interchange to allow for a double lane on-ramp (I44 EB flyover and WB to I235NB). http://www.okladot.state.ok.us/contr...PING%20(7).pdf
    There is room to make adjustments for the I-235 NB Lanes, but at the sacrifice of merging the two lanes coming from WB & EB I-44.

*** dup deleted ***

Southbound lanes of 235 have been shifted to new lanes this morning. Because it was still dark, I could not see if northbound lanes have also shifted.

Northbound is still in the same configuration. Still a bit of work remaining on that side, especially near and on the 50th street ramp.

Looks like the southbound lanes need a little more touch up work and then they could restripe to final configuration and open all lanes soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazio85 View Post
    There is room to make adjustments for the I-235 NB Lanes, but at the sacrifice of merging the two lanes coming from WB & EB I-44.
    Also, this next phase still isn't the final phase. So, even though this is the "permanent" striping for this phase of construction, the final phases could include additional lane changes?

Quote Originally Posted by LakeEffect View Post
    Also, this next phase still isn't the final phase. So, even though this is the "permanent" striping for this phase of construction, the final phases could include additional lane changes?
    Perhaps, this shows three lanes from when the project was first announced.

The new configuration Southbound was MUCH better this morning, especially in the dark. Glad to see that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by LakeEffect View Post
    In the end, only 4 lanes continue northbound at this point. One lane is going to be dedicated to the those coming from 44 going east, one lane will go from 44 coming west with additional traffic from Lincoln, so that gives them two lanes for i235 till another round of major construction.

Yeah, the whole northeast section wont be done until 1 or 2 years after the interchange is complete. So it's not the final configuration. 63rd ramp and ramp coming from westbound i44 and Lincoln will be on temp pavement for a little while longer. Just getting rid of those two clovers will see huge improvement.

SB is now stripped and done. It's nice, traffic was flowing nicely once passing the interchange.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    SB is now stripped and done. It's nice, traffic was flowing nicely once passing the interchange.
    temporary stripes were shaved off northbound, so I'm expecting we will be on some more permanent lanes, maybe as early as tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by hipsterdoofus View Post
    temporary stripes were shaved off northbound, so I'm expecting we will be on some more permanent lanes, maybe as early as tomorrow.
    When I went through there today it looked like they were almost ready to open that all up, apart from the exit to 50th.

16. Default Re: I-235 / I-44 Interchange

If you listened to channel 5 this morning, you'd think the whole project was done. LOL. Yes the N/S lanes are supposed to be fully open now and that IS awesome. But like with 240/35, we're a long way away from being done.

They mentioned an even more disruptive project, but i didn't catch what it was. Anyone know what they might have been talking about? 44/40???

They are talking about 11 bridges that will be built at the interchange that will be part of a flyover system...

That's according to an interview with Terri Angier with ODOT

Can you imagine ODOT or OG&E or whoever would be so aggressive with making sure all highway lighting in the metro was actually working!?!? When I see new lights begin installed on a new project I think, 'why install these....they won't work 6 months from now!'

Quote Originally Posted by bucktalk View Post
    Can you imagine ODOT or OG&E or whoever would be so aggressive with making sure all highway lighting in the metro was actually working!?!? When I see new lights begin installed on a new project I think, 'why install these....they won't work 6 months from now!'
    Well, at least the conduit is and fixtures are there if they ever decide to get all the lights going again.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    If you listened to channel 5 this morning, you'd think the whole project was done. LOL. Yes the N/S lanes are supposed to be fully open now and that IS awesome. But like with 240/35, we're a long way away from being done.

They mentioned an even more disruptive project, but i didn't catch what it was. Anyone know what they might have been talking about? 44/40???
    This specific set of awarded contracts are complete. So from a certain point of view this project is done.

They are pretty much immediately starting on the next phase instead of waiting two years so that's progress. In two years the worse will be behind us.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    This specific set of awarded contracts are complete. So from a certain point of view this project is done.

They are pretty much immediately starting on the next phase instead of waiting two years so that's progress. In two years the worse will be behind us.
    So when does this construction start? This will replace the current bridge over I-44, correct?

I love the fact that they got the lighting up. Seems like on the further north section of broadway extension, they did the road surface first and lights much later. It's great that the lights are already working at the 50th street curve, makes that a lot safer. It also makes it stand out to me how dark the i-44 interchange is!

Are they going to paint the RR bridge or just leave a rusty behemoth?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackmoreRulz View Post
    Are they going to paint the RR bridge or just leave a rusty behemoth?
    I honestly forgot the answer, but I believe it has been posted.

Either way, I like the way it looks. This is a nice stretch of freeway.

Thread Information