Widgets Magazine
Page 386 of 486 FirstFirst ... 286336381382383384385386387388389390391436 ... LastLast
Results 9,626 to 9,650 of 12127

Thread: Devon Energy Center

Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Thanks for the info. Once they move to their new facility, is the plan to tear down those buildings? I believe someone said they would be torn down in coordination of the new Central Park, etc. Is this correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    That utility crane is very cool...

But I imagine you have to get into the window-washing basket on the roof, have it lift you up, then extend until it's dangling out in front of the building like it is shown here... I would have a complete heart attack!
    I wonder if that job has hazard pay!

Quote Originally Posted by OKC74 View Post
    Thanks for the info. Once they move to their new facility, is the plan to tear down those buildings? I believe someone said they would be torn down in coordination of the new Central Park, etc. Is this correct?
    I had not heard anything with it being demolished in conjunction with the park. It was once considered a potential location for the convention center, the C2S plan envisioned it eventually be replaced by low to mid rise buildings and restore the street grid. I have no doubt several influential parties want the smell to stop being generated so close to downtown, bricktown and other other areas nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by OKC74 View Post
    I know this has been discussed on the thread before, but I can't remember what the answer was. What is that horrid looking group of metal/white buildings just southeast of downtown...that has the stench when you drive by? It is horrible looking driving along the new I-40 and ruins the view of the skyline. I believe someone said there are plans to tear this down...has this been 100% confirmed, and do we know when? Thanks!
    That "horrid" set of buildings represents "real jobs" without account to where vistas would eventually form; you might cut them some slack for having all these years been part of Oklahoma City's settlement and economics. Downtown is not about just being a "scene" out of Norman Rockwell.

Can we please see some more night images, I really like the lights of those completed interior floors. I wonder what floor they are on now

I was downtown Sat. and it appeared to me that there is a window glass missing up around the top just below the crown. I thought it was strange because not a single glass is missing on that side other than the one I mentioned. Has anyone else noticed this besides me? I would have thought that would have already been replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerwilliam View Post
    I was downtown Sat. and it appeared to me that there is a window glass missing up around the top just below the crown. I thought it was strange because not a single glass is missing on that side other than the one I mentioned. Has anyone else noticed this besides me? I would have thought that would have already been replaced.
    Probably where the crane use to be and they still havent put the glass in its place

8. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

On the north side, there's that vent of some sort.

That must be what it is. Wish it wasn't there. More out of sight. Thanks William

I hope the final lighting isn't as uninspired as what has been tested so far. It seems rather uncreative for such a modern building. I'm hoping that's just because it's in testing phases, but if the final product is just solid color outlining the indentations I'll be a little disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by iMAX386 View Post
    I hope the final lighting isn't as uninspired as what has been tested so far. It seems rather uncreative for such a modern building. I'm hoping that's just because it's in testing phases, but if the final product is just solid color outlining the indentations I'll be a little disappointed.
    It is going to be interesting to see how the LEDs show up against a non-reflecitive window, especially if the light are on inside.

They haven't disappointed on any aspect of the building yet. (at least for me) I doubt they would get everything else right except for the lighting....I have faith!

The LED lighting will not disappoint.

The tests thus far have only been basic colors and at a low level. I'm told they can be much brighter, have an infinite number of color combinations and each and every window segment can be controlled separately. Plus, there will be tons of lighting in the crown which will be able to be seen from a very long distance away.

I'm sure they'll program all types of cool light shows.

On the setting they are using for tests, the lighting can be seen from my work about 7-8 miles to the southwest on a clear night. And probably even further than that. I imagine when they crank these babies up you will be able to see it much bolder and much further away.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    On the setting they are using for tests, the lighting can be seen from my work about 7-8 miles to the southwest on a clear night. And probably even further than that. I imagine when they crank these babies up you will be able to see it much bolder and much further away.
    Having not seen it myself - what do you see? Are you seeing individual bars of light or is it like MBG where the light is reflecting off the glass making the whole thing glow?

Like this...

or this...

From that distance it looks glowing. If you look at it straight on (say 7-8 miles directly to the south, from say around Western Ave) it is glowing but you can make out the individual bars.

What floor # are they working on currently?

Quote Originally Posted by UnFrSaKn View Post
    On the north side, there's that vent of some sort.
    I don't get it. That opening is on the crown. If that's a vent, why couldn't they put it on the side or the back of the crown? It's awfully conspicuous where it is. I can't help but think they broke that window during installation and are waiting for a replacement. That's just a dumb location for a vent.

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    What floor # are they working on currently?
    All the ones with the lights on at night...

Quote Originally Posted by SWOkie66 View Post
    I don't get it. That opening is on the crown. If that's a vent, why couldn't they put it on the side or the back of the crown? It's awfully conspicuous where it is. I can't help but think they broke that window during installation and are waiting for a replacement. That's just a dumb location for a vent.
    Yeah, it's like the one on the Oklahoma Tower. Just deal with it. At least they put it on the side not facing I-40...

21. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Last edited by edcrunk; 03-05-2012 at 06:42 PM. Reason: long story + i cant figure out how to delete this post right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    The LED lighting will not disappoint.

The tests thus far have only been basic colors and at a low level. I'm told they can be much brighter, have an infinite number of color combinations and each and every window segment can be controlled separately. Plus, there will be tons of lighting in the crown which will be able to be seen from a very long distance away.

I'm sure they'll program all types of cool light shows.
    I know I won't be disappointed!

OKC skyline from Hwy 9 near Newcastle, about 20 miles away:

One of the antennas from a station is right behind Devon making it look like it has a spire.

Wow, that's impressive from about 20 miles away. Let's see some more pictures of the Devon tower from even further away!

Thread Information