Widgets Magazine
Page 37 of 141 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414287137 ... LastLast

Thread: Cannabis

Default Re: Time to Legalize Cannabis for recreational and medicinal use.

Quote Originally Posted by TU 'cane View Post
    I have to applaud the strategy thought out here, and it certainly makes sense, but...

I think supporters of this could easily mobilize enough to get out one day to vote for this. Social media is on the side of issues like these, given the number of younger people utilizing social media compared to older.
    Start spreading the word around to friends and family NOW, so it's in the back of their minds come August, when you can then remind them to get out and go find a ballot.

This would be a huge step forward for Oklahoma.
    But first the required number of signatures have to be obtained. The new medical marijuana petition is expected to be released in August. There needs to be enough volunteers getting signatures in the most populated cities in the state. The Labor Day weekend would be a great time for people to stand at or set up tables at busy street corners across the state, such as on the NE corner of NW Expressway and the entrance to Hefner Lake Park. But will enough people want to do that and during at least some of the following weekends? I don't know.

^^ True, and it's important not to put the cart before the horse.
    The signatures have to be gathered first and from there it can be gauged a little more accurately.

That's why I sincerely hope the organizers of the first one (last year) learn from any and all mistakes and push this hard.
    I remember it kind of popped up out of no where and caught some people by surprise. I know by the time I had even heard about it there were only a few days left and I checked their calendar and they weren't going to be set up anywhere around Tulsa.

I have become a somewhat stronger advocate for at least medical Cannabis sine the Dean McGee Eye Institute told me yesterday I have glaucoma. Not unexpected as it runs in my Dad's side of the family. Caught it real early so my peripheral vision is still pretty good. Plus I wouldn't mind the option of pain relieve for my CSS other than perc.

Move to Cali duuuuuuuude. That's how we deal with the traffic. Everyone smokes marijuana.

Sorry to about the news though. Hopefully things go alright.

Some Oklahomans really do have to move out of state to get medical marijuana treatment for their severe ailments. Last summer, while gathering signatures for the medical marijuana petition in downtown Stillwater, I was approached by a woman who said her daughter in law had to sell everything and move to San Francisco to get treatment with medical marijuana for her brain tumor and that it was doing her good. The daughter in law's story is here: Kelly?s Story | Kelly's Healing Path

“In a report issued by a U.S. government-funded research group tasked with studying drug abuse and addiction, researchers are admitting that marijuana is useful in killing off specific types of brain tumors. The report — coming from a government-backed group with annual budget of over $1 billion — arrives at an awkward time for the administration following an announcement by the Department of Justice this week that it will continue to prosecute medical marijuana cases against individuals in defiance of Congress.”

From: Federal Govt Admits Marijuana Kills Brain Tumors, But You Still Can't Have It | Natural Society

One thing I don't like is they said the drops I will be using will change the color of my eyes. I could never leave my Grandsons, so here I will stay. They even called in the head of the department and he confirmed I have onset of glaucoma. Just another thing to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    One thing I don't like is they said the drops I will be using will change the color of my eyes. I could never leave my Grandsons, so here I will stay. They even called in the head of the department and he confirmed I have onset of glaucoma. Just another thing to deal with.
    Mel,
    Hope they do all the right things. I have experienced some eye problems as well, cataracts in both eyes, but the surgery worked beautifully. But now, I have macular degeneration. Not sure how this is going to work out.
    Good luck to you.
    C. T.

Thank you CTC. Getting old ain't for sissy's..

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    I have become a somewhat stronger advocate for at least medical Cannabis sine the Dean McGee Eye Institute told me yesterday I have glaucoma. Not unexpected as it runs in my Dad's side of the family. Caught it real early so my peripheral vision is still pretty good. Plus I wouldn't mind the option of pain relieve for my CSS other than perc.
    You might like a book written by Alice O'Leary Randall. Her late husband, Robert, had glaucoma and eventually became the first person in the US to receive government grown cannabis.

I wonder if the latest drugs for glaucoma do a better job than they used to? Whatever, anybody should have the legal right to try cannabis based drugs when conventional ones don't work well for the patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    I wonder if the latest drugs for glaucoma do a better job than they used to? Whatever, anybody should have the legal right to try cannabis based drugs when conventional ones don't work well for the patient.
    The state passed a "right to try" law this year that allows some sick patients (not sure if it has to be terminal) the right to try new, experimental and unapproved drugs. You'd think this would allow pot to save eye sight.

Quote Originally Posted by boscorama View Post
    You might like a book written by Alice O'Leary Randall. Her late husband, Robert, had glaucoma and eventually became the first person in the US to receive government grown cannabis.
    Pretty sure nobody has gotten any government grown marijuana in decades, not even researchers can get it a lot/most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    The state passed a "right to try" law this year that allows some sick patients (not sure if it has to be terminal) the right to try new, experimental and unapproved drugs. You'd think this would allow pot to save eye sight.
    Haven't done any research, but I can pretty much guarantee you that marijuana will not fall in that category, not in this backward ignorant state, even though it should.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Pretty sure nobody has gotten any government grown marijuana in decades, not even researchers can get it a lot/most of the time.
    Not quite nobody. There are several long time legal federal medical marijuana patients still left receiving access every month to government grown marijuana for their medical purposes.

Haven't done any research, but I can pretty much guarantee you that marijuana will not fall in that category, not in this backward ignorant state, even though it should.
    Probably the state excuse why marijuana can't be allowed is because it's a schedule 1 drug, both federal and state wise. Surely the feds will have to sooner or later remove marijuana from schedule 1, so doctors can freely prescribe natural cannabis based drugs once approved by the FDA . But how long will it take for Oklahoma to follow?

You're wrong about that. A few remaining legal recipients are still out there.

While it's a federal court ordered case from the 1980s, I don't see how it's fair that a very few people are entitled to using medical marijuana without much fear of arrest from state and federal law officers. Probably a good number of people have been finding out this fact and deciding at least medical marijuana should be legalized in order to be fair to all very sick people, who need to benefit from it.

There's some recent stories about government agencies buying out several acres for "experimental" research on marijuana.
    Yes, our tax dollars funding the purchase of land for the exclusive use of the said federal agency and it's supposedly intended use of it to grow, cultivate, and research marijuana... A federally illegal substance.

Makes complete sense, right?

While it's a federal court ordered case from the 1980s, I don't see how it's fair that a very few people are entitled to using medical marijuana without much fear of arrest from state and federal law officers. Probably a good number of people have been finding out this fact and deciding at least medical marijuana should be legalized in order to be fair to all very sick people, who need to benefit from it.
    Well, no, of course it's not 'fair'.

Petitions should be out.
    Apparently the Tulsa forces have been out at the Tulsa State Fair gathering signatures.

I've read around and have to agree, I usually don't hear/see from the main group driving this until AFTER they've moved along. So, stay on the look out or even get the signatures going yourself. And don't forget to pass it along to friends and family members.

Medical Marijuana Petitions Circulate Outside Tulsa State Fair - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

I'll have to consider helping them get signatures if at the end of the month they can prove to me they mean business by having on hand around 40,000 signatures. Maybe they will put a signature count on line regularly updated. I do hope December isn't unusually cold.

Is this the group trying to get out of state dispensaries and companies legal?

I'll have to consider helping them get signatures if at the end of the month they can prove to me they mean business by having on hand around 40,000 signatures. Maybe they will put a signature count on line regularly updated. I do hope December isn't unusually cold.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    Is this the group trying to get out of state dispensaries and companies legal?
    I'm not sure. Now that I think about it, i think this is a completely different group driving this than last year, although there should be unity and a shared mission if that's the case.

If you want to help now with the petition:

1.) Go to website greenthevoteok.com. Click on the volunteer link at the top of the page and fill out the volunteer form.

2.) Click on the training link and watch the very short training videos, so you can have the direction you need to collect signatures properly and be the most effective.

3.) Click on the GTV Chapters link and join the chapter nearest to you. You will find a link to each chapter leader's Facebook page beside the chapter so you can easily find them and send them a message that you have completed the above steps and are ready for petitions! If there isn't a chapter leader then send a message that you have completed the above steps and are now ready to help!

Thread Information