Widgets Magazine
Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder 2017-18

1. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2017-18

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    I'm pretty sure Paul George's daughter is 4 years old. Pulling a 4 year old out of school is not that big of a deal.
    Yeah, pulling a pre-schooler out to go home for the off-season is far less concerning than pulling a high schooler out with only a few weeks left, and even then it wouldn't necessarily mean that much. I don't recall specific's on PG's family, but since he is 28 I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a high schooler.

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2017-18

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Yeah, pulling a pre-schooler out to go home for the off-season is far less concerning than pulling a high schooler out with only a few weeks left, and even then it wouldn't necessarily mean that much. I don't recall specific's on PG's family, but since he is 28 I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a high schooler.
    Thanks. It must be a slow news day, ha ha.

Good salary cap article by Fred Katz: https://t.co/Nc074lYmwK

Salary cap wise, the best case scenario for the Thunder management is for Melo to opt out and use Patterson to get rid of Singler. Then re-signing Jerami Grant becomes less painful. If PG stayed, maybe him and Russ could lure some minimum salary vets to replace Collison and other open roster spots. Regardless of what happens, OKC won't have much money to add players. The salary cap stuff is mostly about how much luxury/repeater tax management will have to pay. There's no big reason for fans to worry about it.

It's worth pointing out that OKC has lacked depth while Singler, Collison, and Dakari Johnson take up spots at the end of the bench.

4. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2017-18

Some really great commentary from The Ringer on Carmelo's season with the Thunder: https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/5...playoff-legacy

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2017-18

Nick Collison, The Human Rock of Oklahoma City

Oklahoma City Thunder forward Nick Collison announced today that he will retire after 15 years with the organization.
    Veteran big man Nick Collison retires after 15 seasons in NBA: http://www.nba.com/article/2018/05/1...on-retires-nba

Nick Collison: The Human Rock of Oklahoma City: https://thunderousintentions.com/201...ame-okcs-rock/

6. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2017-18

Sure would like to see him as a coach on either the Kansas or OKC bench but sounds like he wants to spend some time with his family and I can definitely appreciate that..... Rock Chalk & Thunder Up!!!

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2017-18

Nick Collison hit the winning shot in the Thunder's 1st win in the team's history.

Rocket's first seed achievement gets tossed into the wind in just 48 minutes. It is incredibly disappointing how KD has broken the league. The worst part is this Warriors domination isn't going to end anytime soon. They will be stomping everyone to the championship for the next 3 seasons.

Hope Kevin enjoys polishing his "hardest road" rings.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Rocket's first seed achievement gets tossed into the wind in just 48 minutes. It is incredibly disappointing how KD has broken the league. The worst part is this Warriors domination isn't going to end anytime soon. They will be stomping everyone to the championship for the next 3 seasons.

Hope Kevin enjoys polishing his "hardest road" rings.
    To me whats so disappointing is we use to be the Golden state warriors with Durant, Westbrook, and Harden and the future looked so bright. The main difference is they are winning championships and we couldn't and it looks like now we are stuck in a scenario where we make the playoffs but as a 5 through 8 seed and bounced in the first or 2nd round while they continue their dominance and that is a bitter pill to swallow.

Well the luckiest team in NBA history gets lucky again as the Chris Paul injury paved the way for the Warriors to give us everyone's favorite matchup in the finals for the 4th consecutive season.

Snake and friends in 5 over Lebron.

If iggy didn't go down, it would have arguably ended in 5.

Brian Davis is out as Thunder play-by-play announcer.

Quote Originally Posted by ditm4567 View Post
    Brian Davis is out as Thunder play-by-play announcer.
    When your an announcer, you better not say something stupid. Especially when your contract is up for renewal.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    When your an announcer, you better not say something stupid. Especially when your contract is up for renewal.
    I've noticed that he's having a hard time keeping up with the game. Cage was having to correct him a lot this year.

15. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2017-18

Just to get my hopes up, I heard Lebron's family toured Heritage this weekend.

Melo "surprisngly" opted in.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    Just to get my hopes up, I heard Lebron's family toured Heritage this weekend.
    Where did you hear this?

Paul George declines player option to become a free agent. Not saying he won't resign with OKC, but it won't be for the 20.7MM.

19. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2017-18

Yeah, really doesn’t mean much of anything other than he is worth more money than his player option. This move was expected.

Basically the same boat as KD declining to become a free agent with the Warriors this summer as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Yeah, really doesn’t mean much of anything other than he is worth more money than his player option. This move was expected.
    So you think he could still end up staying?

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    declining the player option was just a formality. If he didnt decline it OKC could have made him player here next year for the 20.8.

the more shocking move would have been if it has accepted it.

Blog Entries

Ah okay. I just presumed it meant bye-bye.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCretro View Post
    declining the player option was just a formality. If he didnt decline it OKC could have made him player here next year for the 20.8.

the more shocking move would have been if it has accepted it.
    Shocking and scarier for OKC as it would have portended an imminent trade.

25. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2017-18

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Yes (operative word being "could"). As pointed out above it does't really mean it is more likely that he is staying OR going. He was going to do it either way.

Thread Information