Widgets Magazine
Page 37 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Costco

Default Re: Costco

One way lanes, especially with a big parking lot like at costco giving you room to line up, are just much more efficient than cars lining up both ways while navigating around a small crowded lot. Even OnQue has that problem.

I used to get gas at the nearest Costco in California and there was always a long line, so much so I often just skipped it.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    They also only allow cars to come through in one direction so, if your gas tank is on the wrong side of your car, you can't come through backwards - you gotta go through on the side of the pump your tank is on
    One benefit of having a German car is the filler is usually on the passenger side. My Audi and previous BMW have them on the passenger side. Most cars have them on the left.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    One benefit of having a German car is the filler is usually on the passenger side. My Audi and previous BMW have them on the passenger side. Most cars have them on the left.
    Why do you consider this a benefit? Personal preference? I personally like having it on my side so I’m curious.

5. Default Re: Costco

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    But you, living here with me in the land of Subaru's should know they are on the right. l dont know the rhyme or reason some are one way and some the other. It may have something to do with the side of the road of the home country where the car was designed? My Subaru is right and my other cars are left

6. Default Re: Costco

But you, living here with me in the land of Subaru's should know they are on the right. l dont know the rhyme or reason some are one way and some the other. It may have something to do with the side of the road of the home country where the car was designed? My Subaru is right and my other cars are left
    Subaru says it is so if you run out of gas and pull off to the right then you can fill it up safely on the side of the road.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Subaru says it is so if you run out of gas and pull off to the right then you can fill it up safely on the side of the road.
    Smart, if true.

I read somewhere that all cars have an indicator in the dash pointing to which side the filler is on. I haven't wasted a lot of time trying to verify it.
    C. T.

9. Default Re: Costco

Quote Originally Posted by ctchandler View Post
    I read somewhere that all cars have an indicator in the dash pointing to which side the filler is on. I haven't wasted a lot of time trying to verify it.
    C. T.
    its true. Next to your fuel indicator.

10. Default Re: Costco

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    Are Costco gas pump 24hrs?
    no. but they do open early (before rush hour) and close after dinner. Here in the Pac NW that means they open around 4:30am and close around 9:30pm M-F, dont recall the open on Sat Sun but the close is 7:30 Sat and 6 Sun. They lock the pumps when not open.

I asked an attendant recently why they don't open 24 hours since they're member only *must have a costco card or credit card to use. He said that it is their choice to always have an attendant to keep the grounds clean and reduce liability. Again, goes towards the higher class idea I said before when compared to Sams (who also locks their pumps) but Costco up here anyway actively goes out of the way to clean up spills, help patrons, and ensure the grounds are clean. ...
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

11. Default Re: Costco

its true. Next to your fuel indicator.
    Yup. It's either a small triangle pointing to the correct side, or if there's no triangle, it'll be the side of the indicator with the gas pump on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchandler View Post
    C. T.
    Posts 895 and 896, one page back?

Quote Originally Posted by zefferoni View Post
    Yup. It's either a small triangle pointing to the correct side, or if there's no triangle, it'll be the side of the indicator with the gas pump on it.
    Triangle yes, pump icon no.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/fuel-icon-foolery/

Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post
    Posts 895 and 896, one page back?
    Oops, I missed them while my friend from London was visiting.
    C. T.

This is coming along a lot quicker than I thought.

They're moving quicker than winco down the street. And they started a long time ago.

I drove by this afternoon and parked across the street to get a good look.

They are not messing around, it's full speed ahead. There was a lot of construction equipment moving around and a lot of workers. I was able to see where they are doing the drainage job.

I'm certainly no construction expert, but I'll bet they make their scheduled opening date. The onus is on the general contractor to perform no matter what. It'll be interesting to watch the process.

19. Default Re: Costco

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    I drove by this afternoon and parked across the street to get a good look.

They are not messing around, it's full speed ahead. There was a lot of construction equipment moving around and a lot of workers. I was able to see where they are doing the drainage job.

I'm certainly no construction expert, but I'll bet they make their scheduled opening date. The onus is on the general contractor to perform no matter what. It'll be interesting to watch the process.

I thought they would spend months messing around with the drainage issues Pete mentioned before.

Quote Originally Posted by ChargerAg View Post
    I thought they would spend months messing around with the drainage issues Pete mentioned before.
    They coaxed an extra million out of the City of OKC to deal with those supposed drainage issues.

This is great news, I just stop renewing my Sam's club. They aren't quite there with Costco with variety items for our business and services.

They are planning to be open by the end of spring. There is a new sign confirming this. Lots of plumbing, walls, and footings going up the past week. They work well into the night

Blog Entries

I’m not sure I have ever seen a construction site as busy as this late last week. It was a bee hive of activity.

As if western and memorial wasn’t a traffic nightmare already

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    As if western and memorial wasn’t a traffic nightmare already
    It might be time to widen it to 8 lanes (4NB and 4SB) and include a giant roundabout in between Chisholm Creek and Costco.

Thread Information