Widgets Magazine
Page 36 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

1. Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Yeah this seems a little odd? My heart skipped a beat when I saw those pics. This would be the craziest and most wonderful thing.

Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

All of these are real businesses in the renderings, so these might be companies the developers have already signed LOIs for. Gives me confidence in this development.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    I don't know if this firm can ever be taken seriously now after releasing pics with that dream of a supertall included. What a joke. They lost all credibility with me and I somewhat feel sorry for Steve writing that piece about it.
    The other 3 towers are 100% realistic, and Matteson Capital has a long, well-documented history of successful projects. The super tall tower is well-noted as "aspirational". Quit being so negative and calling the whole project a joke just because of something that was admitted to be aspirational.

4. Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    The other 3 towers are 100% realistic, and Matteson Capital has a long, well-documented history of successful projects. The super tall tower is well-noted as "aspirational". Quit being so negative and calling the whole project a joke just because of something that was admitted to be aspirational.
    Releasing pics of a development we already knew to have 3 towers in it and just happen to throw in a "hey look at me 135 story residential tower" just because is stupid and was only intended for click bait. The actual development looks really cool and intriguing.

5. Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

I don't know if this firm can ever be taken seriously now after releasing pics with that dream of a supertall included. What a joke. They lost all credibility with me and I somewhat feel sorry for Steve writing that piece about it.
    In actuality your average person isn't gonna remember the name of the firm who released it 3 hours after they read the article and most won't even go that far.

However, they'll probably remember the picture of that monstrosity of a high-rise proposal for the next 20 years.

I'm just gonna pretend it isn't there for the rest of my life and force myself to forget it ever happened. Would love to see it get maybe sliced into a third of what it is now, would fit much better and seem more realistic, even for a pet project. Really excited for everything else in this project, ready to see ground moving over the next couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by HFAA Alum View Post
    I just said this a second ago, I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees it.
    Yeah, I'm just going to say they were feeling overzealous after the positive vote. Should have took a deep breather or hopped onto okctalk and got it out of their system. They went overboard just 'a tad' bit

The article mentions AO Architecture as design and Hensel Phelps as contractor. Neither of those company's websites have mention of this project existing. Steve, even links to AO page, but it takes you to a Vegas hotel project that is alluded to earlier in the piece.

I am going to ignore the supertall and say that the only way I see even the second residential tower getting built is if this project was actually a part of the entire PSM/CCC new arena's [likely] location proposal.

I like the 3 tower development, though every new rendering we see it gets changed. Hopefully this is the last one. As far as the supertall, I would rather them spend the money building multiple smaller high rise towers and create density vs. one out of place supertall.

Apparently he’s still searching desperately for the development that will make Dallas and KC jealous.

Unrealistic. No way anything over 600' is built. As for everything else, what an amazing proposal.

Quote Originally Posted by W8N2SKI View Post
    All of these brings are real businesses, so these might be companies the developers have already signed LOIs for. Gives me confidence in this development.

how about a shake shack?

how will they even sleep at night knowing that they lost credibility with you

Quote Originally Posted by Bored UCO Student View Post
    In actuality your average person isn't gonna remember the name of the firm who released it 3 hours after they read the article and most won't even go that far.

However, they'll probably remember the picture of that monstrosity of a high-rise proposal for the next 20 years.

I'm just gonna pretend it isn't there for the rest of my life and force myself to forget it ever happened. Would love to see it get maybe sliced into a third of what it is now, would fit much better and seem more realistic, even for a pet project. Really excited for everything else in this project, ready to see ground moving over the next couple years.

My entire FB feed is people sharing this today. As of typing this looks like Oklahoman has about 25 shares. OKCTalk is approaching 2K. So yea, this is already pretty much a meme. Waiting for the Oklahoma-meme IG pages and Lost Ogle to start making the jokes later today.

The reason why supertalls are built in NYC is because there is not enough space to build out. Downtown OKC has plenty of space, no need for something this tall. Three 500ft residential towers near downtown would be more impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Yep, half of this board act like they have skin in the game... lol

16. Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    I didn't realize so many would be upset with me calling a reputable firm out for being silly and unrealistic building unrealistic.

I didn't realize so many would be upset with me calling a reputable firm out for being silly and unrealistic building unrealistic.
    Not sure 'upset' is the correct word.....

it is almost like you didn't even read their comments about the project ..

Not upset. You were the one upset, saying the firm and whole project team lost your respect (not that they care). But you were bashing the whole project, when 3 of the towers are fully realistic, yet you tried to be edgy and cool and bash the whole thing.

20. Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Lol!

21. Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    Not upset. You were the one upset, saying the firm and whole project team lost your respect (not that they care). But you were bashing the whole project, when 3 of the towers are fully realistic, yet you tried to be edgy and cool and bash the whole thing.
    For the record see post 879

"The actual development looks really cool and intriguing."

22. Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    It’s clearly described as “aspirational” in the article. Even if it were scaled back to half of the height (or less) it would still be a wild addition to the skyline.
    exactly, and of note that it took the arena vote to convince the developer OKC was serious about being a permanent member of the TIER II major city club. He's willing to take the risk where others haven't, on OKC. And as Urbanized alludes, even if Tower 3 is half as tall, that's still very aspirational AND it looks like the rest of the complex towers will be 35 floors including Dream Hotel now with almost 500 rooms. ...

Appears to be a HUGE win for OKC, esp with construction set to begin in a few months and we might get a supertall out of it.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    t looks like the rest of the complex towers will be 35 floors including Dream Hotel now with almost 500 rooms. ....
    Omni OKC is 17 stories and 214 feet tall ..

at 35 floors that would make the Dream Hotel over 430 feet tall .. pretty much in the range of First National and BOK Park Plaza ... the 3rd and 4th tallest buildings in OKC

Quote Originally Posted by CatholicSooner View Post
    how about a shake shack?
    I don't see a Shake Shack logo in the renderings, am I just missing it?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    The reason why supertalls are built in NYC is because there is not enough space to build out. Downtown OKC has plenty of space, no need for something this tall. Three 500ft residential towers near downtown would be more impressive.
    It isn't the ONLY reason. Go to Dubai sometime... there's plenty of land but they want the prestige of going UP. Tall buildings are a symbol of prosperity and progress.

This rendering is most likely aspirational, as they say themselves. But anything that is a signature tall building would be the sign of a new era in OKC. Look at Austin when they announced the 50+ floor residential. Others followed quickly.

Thread Information