Widgets Magazine
Page 35 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by CatholicSooner View Post
    sorry, I meant the tall tower.

Who would want to live in something that tall? Seems like overkill
    Agreed. I think splitting that in 2 would be amazing! But 134 story tower sounds much cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I would concentrate on everything other than the 134-story residential tower, which -- if built at all -- would be in a future phase. It's described as going last in the development and "aspirational".

The hotel will be 35 stories and the two initial apartment buildings 32.

Remember, hotel and apartment floors are usually significantly shorter than those in office buildings.

bump

I love the density of the towers and the street presence looks interesting, better than before. I am a little concerned about the shopping and restaurants. My preference would be for less of that, so that we are not cannibalizing from the rest of the Bricktown area. But the renderings are a step forward.

The tall tower? Gimme a break. I wouldn't want that even if there was market demand, which of course there wouldn't be. It would look like a complete joke on the skyline.

Seems like the 3 towers have a relatively decent chance of happening and they look neat so I'm hopeful.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    bump
    Minus the supertall, are these renderings of what they have plan?

Quote Originally Posted by stlokc View Post
    I love the density of the towers and the street presence looks interesting, better than before. I am a little concerned about the shopping and restaurants. My preference would be for less of that, so that we are not cannibalizing from the rest of the Bricktown area. But the renderings are a step forward.

The tall tower? Gimme a break. I wouldn't want that even if there was market demand, which of course there wouldn't be. It would look like a complete joke on the skyline.
    This will have a different level of shopping and restaurants. I know it's a promo rendering, but seeing Yard House there seems intentional. I know the article mentioned having a lot of commercial LOIs already.

7. Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

"Dream" is the right name... because that's exactly what it is. AO Architects have nothing close to the scale of this project in their portfolio. This project will die a merciful death unless they're partnering with a black-cape high rise architect (who they should credit ASAP). It's safe to say that a Devon scale high rise will NOT be happening.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    From the article:

So they have 25% of the reservations for the condo towers already in hand? Seems like a very good sign if I am reading that right. Also, I see that it wasn't just the few of us on this forum that were paying attention to all the recent construction cranes.
    umm I would kill for a Yard House that would be amazing ..

I mean, it's cool to see something like this proposed, but it's absolutely a case of throwing something big and flashy out there to get attention before the real plans are finalized. Guessing this will get value engineered down quite a bit, as we are pretty much all saying. The wool has been pulled over the eyes of this board a few times too many apparently, lol. Reminds me of the giant tower that was recently proposed in Tulsa a few months before the developer group fell apart, or the Innovation district towers that have been scaled way back in size and grandeur.

But hey, it means what actually gets built will still be pretty substantial and have a big impact on the OKC skyline.

Lower Bricktown 2.0. I laughed so hard at this, and very few people share my humor. Prove me wrong.

I'm actually slightly cringing that those renderings were put forth. It's fun to dream, but many people will gloss over the "aspirational" aspect and it detracts from what is otherwise going to be a game-changing project for Lower Bricktown that would be a big deal on its own. Then we will deal with "disappointment" and cynicism when it inevitably falls through, at least among folks who pay attention to these things. It just strikes me as an unserious and unnecessary move, even though the rest of the project sounds promising. Fingers crossed at least that portion happens as rendered... the street-level massing looks great.

They didn't even know that we are the Oklahoma City Baseball Club now.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHayes View Post
    Minus the supertall, are these renderings of what they have plan?
    should be we will find out very soon in their city application

We need this lot developed, and towers are great, but that doesn't fit in much with Bricktown. Something like that, if built, fits in better next to the park. Heck, in the lot by Paycom and Myriad gardens. But it just seems jarring transition from that to bricks all around. And I still wish they could find a way to expand the canal in that lot and loop it to the bowling alley and movie theater, and then build the hotels and residential around the canal expansion.

100% chance that if they build this ridiculous tower we get a downtown Whole Foods.

I am sorry, although nice, that is just wayyyyy too tall and out of place, no reason for it to be that tall. Not sure why

Quote Originally Posted by Zack232 View Post
    Well, that would certainly be insane.
    This will certainly get PluPan's blood pumping!

Quote Originally Posted by stlokc View Post

Again, the superl tower isn't likely to happen at that scale, but there's room for improvement in Bricktown for both retail shopping and restaurants. Also, this would be bringing a ton more permanent people into the district between the hotel and the residential towers.

What this rendering is trying to do is to tapped into the post arena vote momentum. The tall building is not even practical for OKC in any shape or form. Plenty of relatively cheap land to build on for towers a quarter of that size.

I'll be extremely happy with the 3 towers with recent upgrades. That's a real win.

Any idea when the next bit of official information comes out ?

While I think the tower will never happen, and honestly looks a bit ridiculous given its location and comparison to the rest of the skyline. I don't mind people seeing it, and it making developers around the country (who I would assume talk) look at Oklahoma City just to see 'what's all this about' and perhaps getting some speculative development around this project and the new arena. Maybe I'm just looking for silver linings, but I hope this has an effect on new investment and projects.

I doubt the huge tower will happen, but I appreciate the fact that some developers are at least thinking big (or tall) about what this city can support and offer.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    What this rendering is trying to do is to tapped into the post arena vote momentum. The tall building is not even practical for OKC in any shape or form. Plenty of relatively cheap land to build on for towers a quarter of that size.
    I just said this a second ago, I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees it.

This development, even without the tower, would be amazing.
    Much needed density in the core.

We need boulevard place to get going too, to link the area between the coop, brick town and the Omni/park area

25. Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

I don't know if this firm can ever be taken seriously now after releasing pics with that dream of a supertall included. What a joke. They lost all credibility with me and I somewhat feel sorry for Steve writing that piece about it.

Thread Information