Widgets Magazine
Page 34 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    Welp. Here we go. News ok just dropped this on us. 2nd tallest residential sky scraper
    Planned for The Bricktown’s Boardwalk Live
    Check out this article from The Oklahoman:

OKC could get residential skyscraper twice as tall as Devon tower in developer's Bricktown plan

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news...s/71937684007/
    Well, that would certainly be insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    Welp. Here we go. News ok just dropped this on us. 2nd tallest residential sky scraper
    Planned for The Bricktown’s Boardwalk Live
    Check out this article from The Oklahoman:

OKC could get residential skyscraper twice as tall as Devon tower in developer's Bricktown plan

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news...s/71937684007/
    lol. I hope that ends up being as unrealistic as it sounds.

Somebody check on Plupan...might have a heart attack today.

While it won't happen, phase one is still highly likely, and does wonders for the city. The biggest news is increasing the hotel by 130 rooms or so.

But using Steve like this is harsh. Lol. Scott is a bad man for this.

I will say, those first renderings.look.promising for the Reno frontage...if it's built like that, I think that's a pretty big home run.

Blog Entries

This makes the whole project seem like a complete scam.

7. Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

It’s clearly described as “aspirational” in the article. Even if it were scaled back to half of the height (or less) it would still be a wild addition to the skyline.

Relevant parts of the article I initially missed:

Expansion of the Hyatt Dream Hotel going up from 350 rooms to 480 rooms.

Including the podiums, each of the three towers (excluding the space elevator) will be between 32 and 35 stories high.

So that's neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    This makes the whole project seem like a complete scam.
    Nah, just that part. Matteson Capital has a lot of proven experience and a track record of quality projects.

There were also plenty of realistic changes to the plans, but people will solely focus on the tower, and not read the entire article.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Relevant parts of the article I initially missed:

Expansion of the Hyatt Dream Hotel going up from 350 rooms to 480 rooms.

Including the podiums, each of the three towers (excluding the space elevator) will be between 32 and 35 stories high.

So that's neat.
    Exactly. Those are the realistic changes, and with improve the project quite a bit.

wow...highly doubt this happens

Quote Originally Posted by CatholicSooner View Post
    wow...highly doubt this happens
    The whole project, or the super tall tower? I agree if you mean the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Somebody check on Plupan...might have a heart attack today.

LOL. I thought the same thing

I would concentrate on everything other than the 134-story residential tower, which -- if built at all -- would be in a future phase. It's described as going last in the development and "aspirational".

The hotel will be 35 stories and the two initial apartment buildings 32.

Remember, hotel and apartment floors are usually significantly shorter than those in office buildings.

I'd think they'll be about the height of City Place tower give or take 30 feet.

That's a lot of tall massing in that area

Surely they're joking about that residential tower...

Quote Originally Posted by therhett17 View Post
    Surely they're joking about that residential tower...
    Aspirational. Why dream small? I don't it happens, but he has plans for it. Doesn't mean it will get built. Focus on the 3 other towers that will.

Pete, which committee minutes are these going in front of? Nice to finally see some renderings.

I don’t see a tower of that size ever happening here if ‘based on demand’.

That would be one helluva LED lighting system on that one…hopefully with better success than the Devon Tower.

Considering the location and height if the tower happened it would also change the approach patter on aircraft coming up from the south and turning around for a 17L landing at WWRA as the currently fly right through that space when doing so.

This is like some weird clickbait tower hype for the development. The main takeaway is that this project is still coming in phases, which means the first units need to sell, or no more residential will come after. This dream tower wouldn't even be built in Dallas or Austin.

I do like the futuristic style of the renderings.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    It’s clearly described as “aspirational” in the article. Even if it were scaled back to half of the height (or less) it would still be a wild addition to the skyline.
    The hope may be that showing the impressive tower creates demand for the part that IS likely to be built. Dreams draw people and investors.

Items of note in the article:

Hogan said. “I believe the ultimate height of the second phase luxury tower will be determined by market demand of those units and the success of the first phase which is an absolutely beautiful design and program.”

“There is no additional money, the deal (TIF) is done,” Tsoodle said. “It's capped at $200 million, and it’s pay-as-you-go. There will not be TIF changes. This is just them dreaming and planning. They want to do a statement piece.”

A supertall, in OKC? Not that I'm against it because HELLO, but I'd pretty much like to think this is just a render passed on possibility and not in reality. It would come off as a bit of an eyesore with how it dominates everything within the immediate area, and then have absolutely nothing sitting in front of it. Granted a development like this could spur a height demand south of the avenue, but there's still the cleanup costs for each lot. Plus there are amenities that need to be invested in like localized grocery stores before this can be sensibly supported for the scale it presents. Will it bring a lot of attention to the city, yeah it would nationally but also bring a lot of scrutiny. I'm happy to get renders, just didn't think it would contain a vision for something so... ambitious.

Also, I like how the renderings of this project are released right after the city's vote to keep the Thunder passed with such overwhelming margin. Guess we'll probably see a few more pie-in-the-sky renders coming in the near future.

From the article:

Matteson said he has letters of intent for most the commercial space. He said he has reservations for 25% of the branded hotel condominiums simply through word of mouth without any marketing.

Matteson said he is sold on Oklahoma City’s future, noting its rising population, low unemployment, rising wages and the emergence of construction cranes throughout the city.
    So they have 25% of the reservations for the condo towers already in hand? Seems like a very good sign if I am reading that right. Also, I see that it wasn't just the few of us on this forum that were paying attention to all the recent construction cranes.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    The whole project, or the super tall tower? I agree if you mean the latter.
    sorry, I meant the tall tower.

Who would want to live in something that tall? Seems like overkill

Thread Information